Gaikai for PS4: Europe will have to wait due to broadband issues

Sony is still unclear in its plans for the launch of Gaikai for PS4 in Europe, due to the regions issues with broadband.

Gaikai will launch in early 2014 in the US for PS4, allowing gamers to stream PS3 titles on their PS4. However, SCEE president and CEO Jim Ryan told Edge in a new interview that bringing the service to Europe may take a little longer.

"The plan is to begin with North America next year and the plan is to provide a streaming service that will allow for PS3 content initially to be streamed to firstly PS4 then PS Vita and then PS3.

"I touched upon these issues of broadband in Europe during the presentation - Europe is of course on the roadmap for that service to be deployed at some point in the future, but for reasons outside of our control we don't yet have a timeline for it."

Would you like to see Gaikai streaming in Europe? It sounds like it could be a great feature to have.

Edited On 03 Sep, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
this could be the feature that sets it apart from the xbox if they get it right. The getting it right is the big worry for me but hopefully they can pull it off.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
Ummm, as far as I know, the most part of the US has crappy internet speeds (not to mention monthly transfer limits). And as far as I know, most of the countries in Europe don't have this problem.
LEVI 3 years ago
http://www.techspot.com/news/52338-average-broadband-speed-in-the-us-up-28-south-korea-still-far-ahead.html I'm pretty sure Europe has better speeds than the US in general... the whole Xbone debacle was started because of whiny kids that have unstable internet in the home territory.. this makes no sense.
Dragon Punch's avatar
Dragon Punch 3 years ago
I don't see the Problem with UK people on Virgin media. I get over 125mb http://www.speedtest.net/result/2941688868.png
Virgin isn't available everywhere yet http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2941705429
biosnova's avatar
biosnova 3 years ago
I thought the EU had better speeds, at least launch it in the UK, we have great speeds here. I'm sick of the rest of the EU dragging us down in games
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
dont make me bust out my speed test
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Launching in so many countries at once with a broadband intensive feature like this is a pretty massive undertaking, so it's hardly surprising to hear Gaikai's EU roll out will be later than the US rollout. The fact that they're partnering up with European ISPs to make broadband options more readily available to consumers shows they're at least taking things seriously on this front. I expect in the UK at least we shouldn't be waiting much longer than the US for the service though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Still not too sure on this and how it is going to work will have to wait and see.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
It doesn't really bother me as I keep my PS3, but really 50/50 MBIT is a issue? I hear US have lower Brodband in some area than that