Timesplitters Rewind could come to PS4

Timesplitters Rewind, a project by fans and former Free Radical developers is in production for PS4.

The game has not been given Crytek's blessing at this time, however it seems like the developers are confident of getting the approval they need.

Project lead Michael Hubicka explained, “We’re actually going to go ahead and start development [of Timesplitters Rewind] on PlayStation 4. Just because we’re pretty confident Crytek’s going to say go ahead and do it. But we don’t want them saying go ahead and do it when we’re caught with our pants down and we’re like halfway through development and [then] start something for the PlayStation 4.

“So we decided that since they released the SDK to allow us to do this, we’re going to go ahead and do it ourselves, and when they say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ we can decide what to do with that. For now we’re just going to go ahead and do it. So at least we’re prepared”.

Do you think this will ever be released. Would you like it to be?

Edited On 03 Sep, 2013

Comments
Any thing Timesplitters and I'm there
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I used to love Timesplitters on the PS2. Had so much fun, remember when I was younger me and a mate used to stop up all night playing the infection mode on it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Despite how much I enjoyed the older timesplitters i feel as though that ship may have sailed. It would be good to see it working and get a really good new game but with it trying to fit into the type of shooters and stuff we have now I am just not too sure they could pull it off though I am more than happy to be proven wrong.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Yeah I have to admit, I don't really know if it would fit in well with the modern shooters of today.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I would like to see it work but only if they stuck with what made timesplitters good and hopefully don't try and make it like a new Call of Duty/ Battlefield style of thing.
I would be happy with an HD remake of the trilogy, with full online functionality, especially with the map builder and sharing.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
i would buy that in a second Gloria.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I adored Timesplitters and whilst it is great to hear there may be a new one one the horizons, I doubt it would sell well. That "type" of shooter has been and gone. Although I would love to be proven wrong, and a modern day infection mode would be a brilliant way to spend a drunken evening.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
I loved Timesplitters 1 & 2 never got round to playing future perfect though.
Future Perfect is the best of the lot I reckon, had endless fun with the mapmaker building Goldeneye levels.