Microsoft announces Xbox One release date

Microsoft has today announced the release date for the Xbox One.

The redmond giant has been keeping everyone waiting but we can officially reveal that the Xbox One will be released on November 22. That's a release date for  Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and USA. More markets will follow in 2014.

In addition, Microsoft confirmed that the development team has increased the CPU from 1.6GHz to 1.75GHz, roughly a 10% increase in CPU performance. This is on top of the 6% increase previously announced for the GPU, meaning more power for developers to make their games.

You can check Microsoft's statement on the matter and pre-order your console below.

79 Days to go. Are you ready?

Edited On 04 Sep, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
Was hoping for early November, atleast it gives me more time to save though.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I would of thought they would of split the dates like Sony. Pretty crazy that they are coming out a week apart has that happened before?
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
My prediction on twitter was spot on! I guessed for a same day launch in all tier 1 because they cut the launch countries down and guessed 22nd because of watch dogs :D
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
ah i was hoping early Nov too. bugger. now to buy BF4 on 360 aswell? hmm...
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
I'm about 75% pleased. Pleased it's November, Pleased it's in the UK on the same day as the USA, but I was really hoping for the 8th or the 15th. Oh well. I'm sure GTA V will keep me busy
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I want one but still have plenty on 360 to keep me busy, and if they are only supporting the 360 until 2016, I may hold off getting one until then, and there should be plenty cheap games to pick up.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats reasonable at least I will not have a long wait between the xbox one and PS4. Wil have to get in for that week off work i think
Madness 2 consoles launching so close together.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
First time two major consoles have been launched together (normally it's a few months apart) so it certainly will be very interesting to see which markets they thrive in. I think Sony have made the right move by trying to secure as many markets as possible, even if it means supply will be less in those markets. Once a foothold is established a lot of future decisions for buyers will be based on what friends have got and PS4 may have the advantage in many of the European markets. However, it may mean that Xbox get the stronger foothold in America and the UK, *if* more models are available. A very intriguing battle that will no doubt breed a new generation of fan boys (and girls) to battle in the upcoming flame wars.
I miss the Sega/Nintendo days, that was a console war between the companies, the Sony/MS thing is just gamers insulting each other over their preferences, it's nasty in comparison.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
So 1 week after PS4 in US and 1 before PS4 in UK.