Wednesday Chat, September 11

It's almost time for this year's regular football game release, with Pro Evolution Soccer 14 lining up against FIFA 14. So what side are you a fan of?

Have you tried any of the demos? Or do you already have a firm pre-order?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 11 Sep, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
I thought I'd give them a miss again this year, tbh none of them are as good as Fifa 96
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
in fact Italia 90 was easily the best
Philip 3 years ago
I'm waiting until the 22nd November before I will be FIFA'ing this year.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Will be getting FIFA on release unfortunately due to game offering there trade up promotion when next gen releases they offer £40 trade in with a receipt :( that's we're ill be getting it from.
allan 3 years ago
Your cheaper using the digital upgrade the platform holders are offering given Game have Fifa for next gen priced at 44.99
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I prefer a physical copy also the digital FIFA 14 is priced at £60 if I remember correctly.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cant beat sensible soccer on the mega drive. I might get FIFA 14 on PS4 but mainly because there is not much out at launch for either console. The upgrade thing is quite good but seem to have to go out of your way to comply with it so not worth the hassle.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
red card football on ps2
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah Red Card was fun I always prefeered This is Football on PS2 to FIFA and PES.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
Yesterday I played both of the demos. FIFA has improved since last year. But PES has really, I mean really improved. The new engine, physics and AI look good. I still haven't played that much (only played 2 games on both demos), so I can't tell which one is better. Still PES left a very good impression :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Do you guys prefer to play football games online or offline?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I mainly play offline. Think I tried to play online in FIFA 10 or 11 there was an achievement for playing a 10 on 10 game online but everytime I played it would just end up getting kicked after a couple minutes was very frustrating so never went back to it.
Philip 3 years ago
I only play online. Mainly I play pro clubs (although I don't know why, my team is terrible) but dabble with Ultimate Team occasionally. It's more fun playing with friends, whether 1 v 1 or on the same team in pro clubs, than playing against the CPU. Career mode doesn't have any appeal to me.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I've been thinking a lot lately about whether to get current gen games or waiting it out till next gen versions arrive. I'm leaning towards waiting because most of the games I want come out in November and that's the same time as the PS4, so I'd only be waiting like 4 weeks at the most. Are people getting current gen or waiting for next gen versions?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Not much cross gen stuff I am thinking of getting only really FIFA and Watchdogs so if I do decide to get either will just wait to get the next gen version. One consideration is if you play online multiplayer. Take COD for example would guess there will be a lot more people playing on 360 then the one.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
At the moment I think I will be getting cross gen Watchdogs, COD and maybe Battlefield 4 for PS4. But because they're all released in November I don't have to wait too long till I get my PS4, and BF4 is a maybe for me anyway.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Sensible Soccer International Edition was my favourite, special mention also to Striker on the snes. Definitely prefer the unpredictability of pro evo to fifa's repetitive feel(scoring the same goals over and over etc.). Since they(Konami) aren't releasing for next gen this year I think I'll just hold out until next year b4 getting a new footie game
What happened to the next gen GTA V rumour, has it been debunked already, or was it just deleted because of worries of cancelled pre-orders?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I was thinking the same thing, Gloria. But if it was false, ShopTo most likely would have updated it to say it's not true, but the fact it's just been completely removed makes me believe Rockstar are pulling the leaks down.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Dunno if anyone noticed but Shopto have Need for Speed Wii U at a non riduclous price. I jumped at the chance. And Kingdom Hearts came 2 days early! Yaaaay!
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Big update from Steam coming... Let's see if they get as much hate as MS did when they "had" this feature. This is great news for Steam gamers.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
LOL forgot to put the link... http://store.steampowered.com/sharing
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Ok after reading it properly, it's not as good as I thought. Seems they can only play one of your games when you are not playing anything, so if a friend is playing your copy of L4D2 and you decide to play HL2, it will give them a few minutes to save and quit, or purchase the game. I originally thought they could play a game that you're not playing but could not both play the same game. Guess it's still a good idea though so your friends and family can play all the games you have on their account while you're at work or doing other things.
Whitey no one was giving Microsoft hate for having the feature, it was because of the need for a internet connection. A console shouldn't need a constant internet connection, if someone wants to take the console away to a Caravan/Oil Rig/Iraq or even sit on the roof of their house with a giant extension cable and have no Internet access they should be able to
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Nox, have you seen the new humble bundle? Includes Trine 2, Mark of The Ninja, Eets Munchies, Brutal Legend, FTL and FEZ.
I saw it, one hell of a good bundle
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Believe it or not, I actually bought it. Guess I have no reason not to try FTL now, huh?