Xbone domain bought by Microsoft

Microsoft has bought the web domain ‘Xbone.com’, after the name was called disrespectful by Major Nelson.

Fusible reports that the domain’s WHOIS records show that Microsoft has purchased the domain, though at the moment it does not redirect to Xbox.com.

"I don't like it," Major Nelson said of the name last week, "It disrespects the teams that have put in thousands of hours (already) into the development of the product. Sure, it’s cheeky but I don’t care for it myself.”

What do you think?

Edited On 12 Sep, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
You would of thought someone in the meeting when there were coming up with names would of thought of joke names it could be called and advised them to stay away from the name xbox one.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Now it's official...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
But maybe the people in the meeting were not 10. Every time I see it all I imagine is some child constantly laughing whenever someone mentions the word sex or anything like that. It's the same with when people replace the s with a $ in Sony or Microsoft.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I agree with Zombie, I think people who call it Xbone are just being silly and childish. Though I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be an insult or just generally shortening the name, but in that case X1 will do fine.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah I usually just call it the 1 just like i used to call the xbox 360 the 360.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I doubt the name One will stick it, I predict that everyone will just call it the xbox in the future.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
To be honest i didn't think that the whole xbone thing would have stuck I thought the children would have got bored of it by now, the other one I used to see al the time was people calling the playstation the gaystation.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
It kind of worked with 360 though as it just sounded natural, but it seems weird referring to the new console as just "One". "I'm going to play the one" doesn't have the same feel as "I'm going to play the 360"
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I dont know why they didnt just go with infinity sounds so much better then one.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Its like the Wii U and the vita, people in charge just are terrible at naming stuff.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Wii wasnt great name wasnt originally being called the dolphin or something. They should of called the Wii U something different to stop confusuion it was just a controller for the Wii. Vita I dont think is to bad or maybe that has grown on me.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Do not know what was wrong with just PSP2 for the vita.. Yeah the Wii u really needed a different name.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I think the weird thing with Xbox one is it's the 3rd console but when you say it as Xbox one, it sounds as if you're referring to the first Xbox console.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
what do you call the original xbox console now? If you say it aloud it does sound silly first you had the xbox then you had the xbox 360 then came the xbox one.