New DriveClub video shows Day/Night transition

Sony has released a new video for DriveClub showing off the game's Day into Night transition.

Currently the game is running at 30FPS, however the developer is still trying all it can to meet the ultra smooth 60FPS, something it says is quite difficult due to the sheer amount of work and content that's went into the game so far.

Check out the video below.

Edited On 13 Sep, 2013

Comments
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 3 years ago
looks impressive
madeinwales's avatar
madeinwales 3 years ago
you think ? not feelin it myself, looks a lil this gen . I still prefer NFS rivals for looks
That was crap, it went from a sunset, then went bright to the point I was wondering if it was night to day, then went dark all of a sudden, not realistic in the slightest.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
The bright part, Glorai, was when sun was right in front of a car. Were it's last rays since it was dusk. How can't you realise that? Seems like that WiiU actually destroys brain cells...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I am sure she understood that part but it should not go that quickly,in one two minute race it should not go day-night-day.
What? I've seen many a sunset, and when the sun is that low there is absolutely no way it can make the sky appear bright blue even if you look straight at it. If you think that can actually happen then you're the one suffering from a lack of brain cells Hymeleon. No ZF, I knew they had the time sped up, didn't mean that at all.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Fair I have not really watched it to be honest started and it didnt really grab my attention so did not even get to the sunset part.
I just watched it again, and there's no sun in your face or anything and it definitely gets noticeably brighter just before it goes dark suddenly, not realistic in the slightest.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Okay, since you've "seen many a sunset" tell me how sky color should change from light blue to black bypassing bright blue. Especially in mountains. Ever heard of "green ray"? It's so unrealistic it's probably didn't exist either, right?
Typically darker shades of blue, maybe some purple/pink or red/orange, but not brighter. They may be running the sunrise in reverse though, as you do get an above average brightness during sunrise that you don't get at sunset due to atmospheric differences.