ShopTo News: A note from the editor

As you may have noticed, over the last few months we have been experimenting with music news on the website and while this was a worthwhile experience for us, it seems that it didn't work out as well as we'd hoped and in some cases took away from our main focus - gaming.

As a result we have decided to return our focus 100% on gaming news, and in this respect, we are joined by a new video editor - Colin Gallagher, who'll be providing original video content to compliment our gaming news, reviews and previews.

We hope that you are happy at this decision and hope that you enjoy our future content.

Please leave any comments below regarding your thoughts on the site and what you'd like to see more/less of.

Edited On 14 Sep, 2013

Comments
ROBIN 3 years ago
Continue to be awesome at what you're awesome at. Good decision.
kilz0r's avatar
kilz0r 3 years ago
HUZZAH! This news pleases kilz0r... and a warm welcome to Colin. =)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Oh sweet. Colin took over from you a few months back didn't he? I liked him too. I would like to see more news from across the pond, eg I mentioned the lack of Pokemon news (would say Nintendo news on the whole but I am aware the can of worms those news posts do open, but literally nothing on Wind Waker, Pokemon or Monster Hunter this week? Seriously?). And there's TONS of that. How about stuff for Kickstarters too? I only assume you don't do them since the news links in with stuff for sale in the shop.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I noticed that as well Robichoico. Just never had an interest in music news, movies on the other hand yes.
H84's avatar
H84 3 years ago
I would love it if you guys started selling blurays again to be honest. Or had some kind of streaming service.
Hugo 3 years ago
I think people come here to see and buy games. There are many other sites that feed us with music news. I´m from Brazil but when I want any info or news about games the first name that comes to my mind is Shop To. Keep doing this amazing work on games. You´ll still be great.
Carl 3 years ago
Love the gaming news you provide us, I pass it on to pals and makes me look good lol. Keep up the good work!
I agree that the Pokemon news should have had a page at least, also you should do news storys for some Kickstarter projects (MightY No: 9) or threads promoting the bundles that are available (Bundlestars, Indiegala, Indie Royale, Etc) or just do them for the Humble Bundles
Here is a business opportunity for you. Start selling new Anime releases (No not the odd Naruto boxset) if you did them you guys would steal my custom from Amazon (If the prices were not the big of a difference)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Not gonna lie. HMV somehow are stealing my custom Anime wise from Amazon at times. A lot of them are like £1 difference. And you don't have to wait a week while amazon somehow manage to deliver slower than 2nd class
Is the HMV website back up?
WILLIAM 3 years ago
Good news. A few years back I shopped at Play.com but it became so bogged down I don't even look on there site anymore, other sites are becoming like that putting me off. I qualified for a free track I didn't want a song so never bothered with it. You are my first stop for gaming (ps4 everything on pre order with you) because you are dedicated to your area of expertise. Keep it up Chaps.
Chazza's avatar
Chazza 3 years ago
Great news. ShopTo offer the best online game retail service I've come across so that's what you should concentrate on.
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
I'am glad to hear it Shopto.... Without blowing your trumpet too much you are the best online game retailer and i shop on here for games and visit everyday to read your gaming news, i have no real interest in music, but if you were to start selling new title Blu rays similar to the lower price of your games - i'am in... games only please(unless its decent Blu-rays)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I didnt think HMVs website was back up yet? Unless he meant Zavvi. Its a little shame the music side didnt work out but Music and gamers wasnt the best fit in my opinion.
Well I think every gamer here is interested in all aspects of Gamindustri (Cookie for the reference) but when it comes to music you are splitting your audience
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yo Well ah think every gamer here iz interested in all aspects o' Gamindustri (Cookie fo' da reference) but when it comes ta rap you be splitting yo' audience and s**t. Also Neptunia for the reference.
Did you cheat and Google it or did you actually know?
An don't make me pull mah gat!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
No i knew it, I have all 3 but only about half way through the first.
Enjoying it? I'm 15 hours into the second (I think I am almost done the normal route) but no matter how broken,unbalanced,unpolished & broken the first one is, I like it better (Did I mention the first one is broken?)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah it was a while ago i started it but i had only rented it at the time so i would start again when I go back to it. What i played was fun though
I started playing MK2 cos I randomly started watching the Hyperdimension Neptunia Anime.