Yoshida cautious on PS4 shipment, but production is going smoothly

SCE Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that PS4 production is going smoothly, although he doesn't want to be overly optimistic when predicting how supply will mean demand.

Speaking in an interview with 4Gamer, Yoshida was asked it Sony had learnt its lesson from the shipment problems with PS3, to which he replied, "That’s right. Partly because we have so many preorders in the west, we still can’t predict if we’ll be able to ship the hardware without any interruption, but production is going smoothly.

He also added that "Sony has a little more time in Japan," so there should be supply problems in the region.

Will Sony manage to satisfy the demand for the console fully? That remains to be seen. To us it seems like the best way to guarantee you get a PS4 is to pre-order, as even though you may not get it day one now, it seems unlikely you'll be able to walk straight into a shop in the high street and pick one up.

Edited On 23 Sep, 2013

Comments
Didn't they say they had around 1 and a half million units worldwide pre-ordered? (And then actual facts shown it was actually about half that.) Yeah. Sony are blatantly going for a Wii launch to keep up the demand, good news for scalpers I guess.
Robichoico 10 months ago
@Shopto.net When do you hope to have info on the amount of Stock you will be allocated for the PS4... as I preordered back in June I would like to know where do we all stand. Oh is it Launch Date is guaranteed because I preordered well before August 6th?
ShoryukenToTheChin 10 months ago
You are best asking on Twitter but I would say you are safe
Loli-Nox-Tan 10 months ago
Ah I see, although I don't have/use Twitter... but yeh I thought as much that I should be safe for Launch Date. Just would like Shopto.net to assure us, can't believe they still don't have a Stock allocation as its only really 2 Months before Launch.
ShoryukenToTheChin 10 months ago
Yeah, it would be nice to get confirmation sooner rather than later. I would like to pay mine off. Do we have any idea when we will get confirmation? I pre-ordered on the day of the E3 press conference in June so I'm confident I'm safe, but it would be nice to know or at least know when we'll. Shopto is actually one of 3 places that I've pre-ordered so once I get the nod I'll be able to cancel the other 2.
robioto 10 months ago
I'm after knowing the same thing - I sent them a contact ticket. I've pre-ordered 2 x PS4 and 2 x Xbox One for me and the other back in June - Hopefully they are going to assure me I'll be getting them! :)
RiSq 10 months ago