PS4 games to sell for £54.99 and £59.99 SRP

It's been revealed that the suggested retail price of PlayStation published games for PS4 is £59.99 and £54.99

We also have the SRP of other products in the PS4 range.

Here's a list.

Dual Shock 4  SRP £54.99
Camera - SRP £54.99

Knack -  SRP £54.99
DriveClub  SRP £59.99
Killzone -  SRP £59.99

PS4 Stand  SRP £15.99
Charging Unit  – SRP £24.99

Obviously retailers such as ShopTo are trying to save consumers cash by charging slightly less than SRP, but the price is still quite high for launch titles.

What do you think? Is this too expensive for your taste?

Edited On 26 Sep, 2013

Comments
I would say so, but the XBOX will be the same i'm going to guess. And they'll drop quickly, very quickly.
David 7 months ago
Doesn't bother me but only as it what I expected. Plus I rarely buy games on day of release anyway, unless I really, really, really desperately want it, because I'm too stingy to pay £40 for a game and usually wait till the price has dropped a bit.
Samka 7 months ago
That is definitely on the high side but the SRP is always high when new consoles launch, with the prices eventually dropping over time so hopefully we'll see the same happen in this generation. Let's not forget that Activision are still selling their CoD games at around £55 in this generation.
SIMON 7 months ago
Hi. Eurogamer is reporting that Sony have officially announced the PS4 mega bundle of a PS4 + PlayStation Camera + extra DS4 controller + Killzone: Shadow Fall for £427. Will ShopTo be notifying early pre-order customers so we can upgrade our orders? I pre-ordered back on the PS4 was revealed in February and would love to get one of these bundles. :) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-26-sony-confirms-playstation-4-killzone-camera-second-dualshock-bundle-for-uk ”
LoveFist 7 months ago
You would be be asking on Twitter if you want a answer
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
Weren't PS3 and Xbox 360 RRP £54.99 as well? So basically there should be no difference in price?
Arun1910 7 months ago
Are they crazy? £40 was high enough and now secs and publishers want more? At those prices people would rather stop gaming, this is ridiculous. Looks like I'm not buying any games at launch, will have to make do with the PS+ offerings.
GADG3T87 7 months ago
If you take a look on this very website, FIFA 14 and other games is £54.99 RRP so it's no change...
DynamiteWhyte 7 months ago
Far too expensive, but that's okay. I'll vote with my wallet and either buy my games at a discount or used. If Sony want me to buy new they need to be a little more realistic.
noddingpenguin 7 months ago
Do people not read?
DynamiteWhyte 7 months ago
Yeh if Shopto think we are going to pay those prices they going to have a big surprise. That is far to much, they talk about saving us money yet they have the games at that RRP.
ShoryukenToTheChin 7 months ago
People really need to learn how to read
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
@ShoryukenToTheChin. What do you think the RRP for games is at the moment?
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
Yes I know that they have a higher RRP then what they are currently sold for, what im eluding to is the fact that the games for PS4 are very much touching the RRP set by Sony. This will probs be the case for a couple of weeks after release, as they want to milk the early adopters as much as possible.
ShoryukenToTheChin 7 months ago
Have you ever been around for a console launch? It was the same with the 360 and PS3
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
Funny enough mate, this is the first time im getting a Console at Launch. Had a summer job for that very reason.
ShoryukenToTheChin 7 months ago
I have never bought a console on launch for this very reason
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
Yeh altho I couldnt resist and plus the initial pricepoint of the PS4 caused this.. either way im getting the Fifa 14 and Extra Pad Bundle so it works out ok for me.
ShoryukenToTheChin 7 months ago
ShoryukenToTheChin 7 months ago
Sorry I cant here the complaining over the £45 xbox one first party games :) I jest. Though the prices there are a tad dear but shopto still has them cheaper than RRP. Thats not a bad bundle for the PS$ will probably just go with the killzone one as that was all I was planning on getting for release, well AC4 as well but I have that ordered in game I have a gift card to use.
Zombieflamingo 7 months ago
Too expensive. Price point for games is about right as it stands, with collectors editions being offered for those that want the extras. All an increase in game price will achieve is people buying fewer games and being more selective. Nobody will pre-order a game for £60 unless they are sure about the game. People will wait for reviews, wait for price drops and generally shop around more. Sony are making a loss on each console, games is how they are going to be in profit, so not surprised about the price. Microsoft have already stated Xbox One games will be the same price as Xbox 360, but I notice some retailers listing them at ridiculous prices. Overall might be an area where the Xbox One wins the day...game price.
James 7 months ago
I'm starting to think that people think they pay the RRP on games right now
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
You would have to be a bit clueless if you were paying RRP at the moment. All boils down to profit margins for the retailer and how greedy they are overall. Considering the whole porting of games to console should now be easier, there is little to no justification for raising RRP from around £50 to £55/£60. A £50 RRP game at the moment places it around the £40 mark for a AAA title, which is about right to my mind. There is actually more of a justification for a RRP price drop on games as porting will be easier.
James 7 months ago
People are stupid Nox, you get used to it.
Gloria 7 months ago
I expected this because it's next gen launch games, I think that's the RRP set by Sony. Does anyone know if ShopTo is getting the exclusive Killzone bundle with the game and two controllers? May get Knack with that aswell.
Light Heaven 7 months ago
This is nothing but disgraceful prices to charge. The consoles have pc like architecture where games are ported easier and we keep hearing how easy it is to develop for. An RRP of up to £60 when PC games are highly likely to be better and half the price is unjustifiable. GREED GREED GREED. Now offence ShopTo but your prices don't make me want to preorder any games at all
anthonydwyer 7 months ago
Do you know how prices are set Anthony? A RRP of £55 and £60 is fine because YOU WILL NEVER PAY THAT!
Loli-Nox-Tan 7 months ago
Also Anthony its not just Shopto everywhere has the same prices give or take a few pounds.
Zombieflamingo 7 months ago
I just noticed this, I know exactly how prices are set mate, RRP is an inflated price so you think you are getting a good deal when it's sold £5 cheaper. The reason I mentioned ShopTo is because once upon a time, they were hands down the cheapest, now there is not much reason other than the fact I like ShopTo to buy from them :P
anthonydwyer 5 months ago