All existing PS4 pre-orders before Xmas says Sony

Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Fergal Gara has said that all UK PS4 pre-orders placed to date "should be in consumers' hands in time for Christmas".

"The metric that we use is the pre-order demand curve, and we've used our past five console launches as a reference point," he said. "Everyone who has put down a pre-order so far will definitely get one before Christmas, as long as nothing goes terribly wrong."

Gera also added that "there may well be tight supplies at Christmas," saying that he "can see a bit of a pinch point around that time", although he also added that he "expects the console to be in free supply at the start of 2014.

"We don't want to over-promise and under-deliver, we want to do the opposite," he added.

The PS4 will be available in 32 countries this holiday priced at £349 / €399 / $399. It'll arrive in the UK and Europe on November 29.

Edited On 26 Sep, 2013

Comments
@Shopto are you going to stock the official Killzone Bundle, Sony announced it will be available for the UK. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-26-sony-confirms-playstation-4-killzone-camera-second-dualshock-bundle-for-uk
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
"ShoryukenToTheChin" will be very limited and we do not know if we will have any spare.. have you got a pre order currently with us? from when?
The Boss 1 year ago
Boss I ordered mine November last year i will definitely get mine by release date right?
Blitz1423 1 year ago
Yes I currently have a PS4 preorder with yourselfs, I preordered back on June 1st which is months before the cut of date of Aug 6th. I can confirm that I want to be swapped to this Mega Bundle.
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
i'm hoping for the new bundle. had my ps4 pre ordered since 11th june. hopefully i'll get lucky
Christopher 1 year ago
"Blitz" & Shoryuk..." yes you will have the Ps4 confirmed... no problem with this.. but we have users that have already pre ordered the console + camera+ controller + killzone... when they where not aware that a mega bundle was coming.. so is fare they will have priority.....
The Boss 1 year ago
Same for users have ordered the bundle with killzone and bundle with whatch dog...
The Boss 1 year ago
Thats the right thing to do, though hopefully they will have more and you other guys do get a chance. Would the same be the same for just the killzone and PS4 bundle?
Zombieflamingo 1 year ago
"The Boss" cant I just swap to that Killzone Bundle and be eligible for this? At the moment I got the PS4, Fifa 14 and Extra D4 Pad on preorder.
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
Well thats answered that :)
Zombieflamingo 1 year ago
For the watch dog bundle I can say it now.. we are sold out... we sold more than what we will receive as bundle... you can still buy it as standard alone console plus the game and we have stock for all pre orders..
The Boss 1 year ago
"ShoryukenToTheChin" I can't tell you right now we are looking all the allocation and pre orders.. late tomorrow or Max Monday we will inform you.. But 100% can tell you you will have the console for day one.. :-)
The Boss 1 year ago
"The Boss" What about the Playstation 4 - Fifa 14 and Extra Dual shock Pad Bundle? Im still ticked off as having it preordered on June 1st I would of thought I could get this Mega Bundle offer, I really would like that... TAKE ME MONEY SHOPTO :)
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
Surely users who pre-ordered the console first should get first rights on the new mega bundle? I pre-ordered the console, extra controller and camera on Feb 21st (I believe this was the first day available!) but have ordered no games yet as I was not worried about stock. I'd be fairly appalled if someone who pre-ordered the console after me but chose the right games to order with could get the mega bundle before me!
dannycorker 1 year ago
"The Boss" is there any chance I will be able to upgrade my preorder to the PS4 Mega Bundle? even doh my Bundle is currently for FIFA 14. Because I would get the Killzone Mega Bundle and just buy Fifa 14 separately from yourselfs.
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
"dannycorker" if you have a camera and a controller pre ordered you will have priority..
The Boss 1 year ago
"ShoryukenToTheChin" can't answer to your question right now, give us few days and we will inform you..
The Boss 1 year ago
Glad to hear that "The Boss" - for others I know who have only ordered the console though I would certainly have sympathy. Considering the console is 90% of the value of the bundle I feel anyone who had the console ordered should have priority regardless of accessories. But that's just me, and thanks for your response towards my situation - much appreciated.
dannycorker 1 year ago
"The Boss" thanks anyways for the quick responses, speaks volumes of Shopto. Ok I look forward to hearing from you, heck just know I want that Killzone Mega Bundle so if its available I will be sure to swap my current Bundle at the speed of light.
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
"dannycorker" for sure you always wanted the camera and extra controller from the beginning did not matter what price and you deserve priority..
The Boss 1 year ago
@The Boss will you be keeping us informed i.e. the ones who only ordered the console waiting for a good bundle?
Christopher 1 year ago
"Christopher" yes of course.. we should have a good news also for a number of users that have ordered after the 06/08 ...
The Boss 1 year ago
I hope I will get access to the killzone deal. I looked for months for the PS4 camera here & couldn't see it. Think it finally came up around may time? I didn't order it as I didn't think there would be a great demand for it, so I'd just order it nearer the release date.
gaztee 1 year ago
Now we all play the waiting game and hope Shopto picks us to be able to upgrade to the Mega Bundle. *Crosses Fingers^
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
Boss, I preorder my PS4 with you a couple of day after they announce the price, will I still get my on the 29th. If you don't know now when will you? And when will we get told? Cheers
daveww 1 year ago
"daveww" you got good chance to get one... :-)
The Boss 1 year ago
Boss am I inline to get a chance to swap my ps4 order to killzone mega bundle as I pre ordered in feb? When will you let everyone know.
Mangaman1 1 year ago
I also think people who pre ordered first should get priority regardless of what games or if camera was ordered too. I won't be happy if not.
Mangaman1 1 year ago
I thought Sony guaranteed you would get console on launch day if you pre ordered before the cut off date (6th August)............. http://www.shopto.net/news/43642/PS4s-preorders-after-August-6-not-guaranteed-for-launch
Raymondo316 1 year ago
Just want to state I'm eager for the mega bundle, wanted it ever since I heard of it since it really includes all I want at launch, I even contacted about it to see if we could get it. Awesome news its coming to UK anyway. Had my PS4 pre ordered since June, and Killzone/DS4/Camera are on pre-order. Am I in-line for mega bundle upgrade? Thanks @philip Yeah I agree too, dont think thats fair, I heard of the deal way before, I just didnt have everything in pre-order straight away.
LAA 1 year ago
I was hoping to get a bundle from here that's why I cancelled some of my PS4 game pre orders the other day. I was just waiting for official sony bundles, but looks like I won't be getting one because I have no PS4 games pre ordered. Is there no chance of getting any of these official bundles then?
Spear 25 1 year ago
I pre-ordered my PS4 on the 11th of June and I intended on ordering games and peripherals as and when I learned more about them leading up to the launch of the PS4. Surely wanting to know more about launch games and peripherals before ordering them shouldn't hinder my chances of switching over to the mega bundle? I know it mustn't be easy allocating stock but I think it should be based on chronological order rather than a mass consumption order
kinglambert 1 year ago
Ahh now you all got me worried :( Ive had console ordered since 11th June and ive got Watchdogs and BF 4 preordered. Will that be okay or should I change it to some kind of bundle? or something else. I know ive asked this before and been told my preorder is 100% guaranteed but I guess sony's new does poss change things so i gotta ask as family depends on it hehe
Richard 1 year ago
Having to have the camera/killzone/controller pre-ordered before you can get access to the bundle is bullsh*t really. How long are these going to be held back for people who want the bundle etc?
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I hope shopto adheres to this from Sony: Sony will announce several new PS4 bundles tomorrow, Eurogamer understands. The company has told UK retailers to alert those who have pre-ordered PS4 that they now have the option to upgrade to one of these. "It [the mega bundle] is in limited volume, and therefore it is probably going to go mainly to current pre-order customers, then follow-up volume may well be post-Christmas," Gara added. "But there are other bundles that also represent incredibly good value. It's not just about having a good base price. We want to offer value in every way we can. "Starting yesterday, our retail partners are contacting their pre-order customers in order, so starting with the first, working up to when they run out of that special bundle, saying, we now have clarity on exactly what PlayStation 4 bundles we have to offer for day one. Would you like option A, B, C or D?
Mangaman1 1 year ago
"philip" Yes we will contact our users.. As I said above priority to users that have pre ordered the Ps4 + killzone or our Killzone bundle... they have been interested from the beginning that they want Killzone therefore they have priority.. after that if any spare we will offer to other users Watch Dog bundle we have been allocated only few therefore we do not have enough for all our pre orders and there will be no spare.. Killzone mega Bundle.. again priority to users that have ordered a camera and a controller, they had interest in the camera and extra controller "no matter what price" from the beginning and therefore they have the priority.
The Boss 1 year ago
OK, I have controller/camera/KZ/PS4 in pre order, hope I can upgrade to mega bundle. Dont suppose you have any idea when users will be contacted about upgrading to the mega bundle?
LAA 1 year ago
I'm interested in getting the mega bundle, I have the items pre ordered separately. Fingers crossed I can get the bundle.
Spear 25 1 year ago
Managed to pay off my ps4 last week after getting the overtime in at work so I could then concentrate on getting a few games and accessories. I pre ordered a controller , camera (which the mrs kindly said she'd pay for for Xmas) and killzone yesterday so I would be ready for launch. Then I saw on digitalspy these bundles so I thought I better check on here. The killzone bundle is great , I just hope there's enough to go around. Shopto have always done a good job and I'll look forward to my email to swap my order for the package ; ) haha
Bibster 1 year ago
The Boss- So just to clarify, someone who ordered their PS4 a month after myself would take priority because they ordered more (more meaning games and peripherals)? As I said earlier, I know it can't be easy allocating stock, but it seems unfair that people are prioritised because they ordered more. I believe stock should be allocated on a strictly chronological order
kinglambert 1 year ago
"kinglambert" Hi, ordering more is not what we are looking in to it.. for example if you had ordered a Ps4 with BF4 we would not offer you the Killzone.. we give priority to users that had first shown interest on Killzone... and we will do it in chronological order.. To give you an idea.. Firstly we have to Update the Bundles that are on the site with the new hard bundle.. therefore all users that have pre ordered them will get an update from us, have a look at our Kilzone bundle on the site, we will update those one with the new box art and with new price so all users that have pre ordered those bundle have priority against those who have ordered the bundle with BF4
The Boss 1 year ago
The Boss - Thanks for your reply. I guess it's a situation where your not going to be able to please everyone, but you must understand how some customers may find this slightly frustrating as their pre-order placed months before another customer may not be eligible for an upgrade because they didn't fulfil some criteria that was unbeknown at the time of ordering.
kinglambert 1 year ago
"kinglambert" Unfortunately Sony is not giving us all the quantity that we require to please all our users... If we were able to order sufficient quantity of each bundle to match our customers pre orders we would do however these bundles are of limited qty so we are unable to offer every one a choice of each..
The Boss 1 year ago
The Boss, Hi I've just been looking through the information in regards to sony not given you all the stock that you required for all your pre ordering customers, I wanted to know if I will receive my console on launch day as I pre ordered the PS4 the day you listed it on your site after the Sony Conference In Feb in New York. also as I ordered the console with an extra controller and Killzone and the camera, will I get priority for the Killzone Bundle pack .
michaelmc 1 year ago
Hopefully there will be some spare for the guys like me who didn't preorder the correct games. Still it's annoying because if I knew this was going to happen I would of preordered the relevant items. Sadly I chose the FIFA 14 and extra Pad Bundle :'(
ShoryukenToTheChin 1 year ago
That's really unfair to those of us who just ordered the console waiting to hear more about these bundles though. I never swapped my pre-order in the past because I was waiting to hear about these official Sony bundles. I mean we'd known they were coming for ages following Amazon.de putting them up ages back. Just because we hadn't pre-ordered kilzone, the camera or controller as well, doesn't mean to say we don't want them. >.> Should be strictly by the order date.
Rawr 1 year ago
Kinda gutted to miss out on this, had my PS4 on pre-order since Feb 22. Suppose can't please everyone all the time, needs to be some way to sort eligibility out.
pedros_e 1 year ago
I give up
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
There nothing unfair about it they are giving it to the people that had already ordered it, if you chose to wait then so be it. You get nothing for just having a wait and see attitude especially when you do not have to pay for anything until it despatches, I was not sure if I could afford the PS4 and xbox one so instead of missing out I preordered both if I knew nearer the time I could not have I would have cancelled it then with nothing lost.
Zombieflamingo 1 year ago
Oh please, why order something when you know you can't afford it? I'd allocated £480 for my Ps4 budget(I am also getting an Xbox One, so I've allocated budgets of what I can afford to each so I don't go over what I will have), I knew that much when I pre-ordered it. Alone, without the mega bundle deal it would have come to £500. Which is over it. However the mega bundle is £450 judging from GAME, which, in case you aren't great at maths, is under the budget. It is unfair, when it's done by some arbitrary requirement which not even sony mentioned when they announced the deal. Sony announced it saying the bundles will be offered by order date, which I actually agree with. I may not even get one offered to be through order date, by the way, since I didn't order till e3, and many here seemed to have ordered earlier. However, at least then the most interested in the PS4 got a fair shot at getting the better deals, regardless of the arbitrary requirements.
Rawr 1 year ago
It's also worth noting, some people may have been interested in the items and may have ordered else where. I'd ordered Killzone 3 at Amazon because it was cheaper, and when your budgeting you want good deals.
Rawr 1 year ago
Didnt say i cant afford just a lot can happen between february and November that I may need the money for rather than a console. Would you rather they just put the consoles up as extra so it did not matter when you preordered it then it would be equally fair for everyone in a first come first served as it is different from what they had ordered in the first place. In reality it is up to Shopto how they work in and yes what is fair for some is not for others but thats just how things work.
Zombieflamingo 1 year ago
Well, the reason why I say order date is because that's what Sony had mentioned in their announcement for the bundles. It's also how other retailers are doing it. GAME sent out an email to everyone who had pre-ordered before August the 6th (The first pre-order cut off date) asking them which bundle they wanted to swap to.
Rawr 1 year ago
Boss I ordered mine on April with games and accessories. And have been swapping bundles over and over again. Then went back to console only. But deleted my games since the bundle came with the games. But now i i have all ps4 accessories apart from camera and stand and games. Will i be able to get the bundle. Thanks
k4y 1 year ago