Wednesday Chat, October 2

So, GTA V launched last night. So what do you think? Have you tried the game out? We'd love to know you're thought.

We'll be bringing you a few videos soon which explore the online mode, but in the meantime we'd like to know your favourite things about GTA V Online - If you've played obviously.

We'd also like to know what you thought of yesterday's Nintendo Direct. Did you like what you saw?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 02 Oct, 2013

Comments
Didn't play GTA Online myself, but saw lots of people online complaining it was broken, more than managed to get it to work. The ND was good, aside from the obvious disappointment about the DK delay everything else was looking good.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Was watching a bit of the Giant Bomb livecast last night of GTA online only one of the 4 managed to get in in the 3 half hours they were streaming for. While they were trying to get in they were playing old Neo Geo games which looked more fun. From the nintendo direct mainly looking forward to Sonic and Braverly Default.
Sonic Lost World looks awesome, great to see him returning to Smash Bros too, I'm even tempted by Mario & Sonic at the Olympics this time seeing as it has online play. Such delicious irony that Sonic is pretty much Nintendo exclusive these days.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I can kinda see why that has happened Sonic is more for old school gamers so seems to make sense he has found a home on Nintendo as they seem to cater more for old school gamers.
U just hope it's a permanent thing, and would like to see more Sega IPs go to Nintendo.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Ive also heard a lot problums with gta online lunch. But I hoping shopto gets the Braverly Default fan edition. I've been waiting nearly 2 years for an pal release & its one of the many reasons I got an 3ds xl.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
didnt even manage to get a game, oh well i wern't assed had fifa.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah Hopefully would be nice to see some old Sega IPs return and some new ones.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
@ Bindiana & Gloria yeah it would be nice to see more sega games on 3ds & wii-u but its all down to deals between both company's. But hoping never hurts tho.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Talking of FIFA Joe it came through to me Monday thanks for doing that.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Was just about to ask you aswell haha
The Direct was good, made me interested in Mario 3D Land. Not the bothered about the DK delay, plenty of games coming out then. Finished Darksiders 2 last night, game was good although it did drag on a bit. (Tbh I think they were to ambitious with it)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah was meaning to message you but have been running around a lot last couple of days.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I wonder when samus will return & make debut on the wii-u. I tho one thing for sure when an new Metroid game hits wii-u ill be one happy gamer. Mario 3d land does look hell of fun by your self or with friends & i like the idea that i can choose an different character than just mario himself.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Not good enough Nox, when i checked yesterday you had died 165 times.
Samus will be in Smash Bros U 100% as will Marth, Ganon, Zelda, R.O.B,Fox, Crom, Mewtwo, Kirby,Etc
I take it that the game counts the times you miss a jump and not each time your life bar runs empty
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Not good enough (yet still better than what i could do)
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox I known that for awhile but i hope samus does get an new game for wii-u next year late summer time maybe fingers crossed.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Also I wonder why we cant still changed our avatars on here still. I wonder if it will be sorted out by later today. I cant believe no said any think about the new ace attorney game for 3ds i downloaded the demo earlier & going to try it out after.
Once Retro are done with DK I assume that they will be moving on to Metriod but then again this is Nintendo so you never know
I'm not a fan of the fact that Dual Destinys didn't get a physical release so I'm not buying it till it's on deal.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Yep Nintendo are always random with release wise apart from mario games.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox try the demo it's up on the e-shop now. Then make up your mind.
Btw those of you with a US PSN account, Valhalla Knights is free to download right now
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Yeah a few games are getting digital only release lately for uk it suxs when the usa & japan gets an physical release & we get shafted digital only.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
So nox did darksiders II leave it on an cliff-hanger again for 3rd game?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
How is digital download on the Wii U would guess it takes quite a while to download not a big fan of digital download as like a physical copy.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm going through a phase were i'm abit bored of gaming all i'm enjoying at the moment is fifa.
The US isn't getting a Physical copy of Dual Destinys. Also we got a physical copy of Pirate Warriors, the US didn't
I'm not saying anything on the topic of the Darksiders 2 story
I've found downloads on the Wii U to be pretty quick, not downloaded anything big though.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Ok I see. Nox I was on about a few different games in general not just ace attorney. Anyways only 10 days till pokemon x & y cant wait that & dragon's crown for that matter :D.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
Definitely downloading Dual Destinies when it's released but I probably won't bother with the demo. Would have preferred a physical release but just happy it's getting a UK release now as I've been waiting so long for it.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I hoping sega confirm an release for Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai for 3ds for uk soon been waiting to play it for way too long.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
For you guy's & girls who are interested if you didn't already know Braverly Default getting an 2nd game in japan by the end of the year for 3ds. So I hope people support braverly default release here so we get the 2nd game in the future also.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
wtf is a braverly default?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
With Mario 3d Land is there online multiplayer or is it just local multiplayer?
Probably only local, but you never know.
I'm guessing Local as well but if we ask for it enough I'm sure there is a chance we will get it. I'm sure Bravely Default will do good, Europe does love their JRPGs after all
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Thats a shame just watched a couple of vids of it and multiplayer looks a laugh.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Not had chance to play GTA V online yet, and I'm busy until Friday (and even then I have Uni revision before a poker match). Probably a good thing if it's beset with problems (was always going to be the case). However, I am looking forward to giving it a whirl and I already have a few friends willing to form a crew for online mayhem (or them having fun as I lie dead due to my own grenade)
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
spent about 2 hours failing to get on GTA Online, (stupidly they put a mandatory tutorial in, that is online... erm what.) so i just went back to the BF4 Beta. M82 ftw.
I'm trying to decide what to play till my Wii U arrives from Zavvi (Release is Friday but it's Zavvi so I'll probably get it in 2 weeks) I'm choosing between Uncharted 3 and .......... On second thought I'm going to play Uncharted 3
So, Mighty No: 9 has made over $4 Million (Around 2.5 Million in real money) and who was it that said we didn't want a new Megaman game? Eh Capcpom.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
What games you getting with your Wii U Nox? I had a few issues with getting in to GTA yesterday but managed to spend more time in game than trying to get in which is good., seems pretty solid no major issues once I got into the game. Also dont think I have ever played a megaman game. Have you seen the new Charizard X for Pokemon X he looks pretty badass and finally gets to be a dragon.
Seen it, I'm getting X now. I'm only getting WindWaker Ganon Edition with my Wii U (Got a offer of £60 for my fightstick so I though I might as well) but it's the Wind Waker Wii U I'm getting so I'll have a physical and Digital copy of Wind Waker. Got a £30 voucher from GTM, £15 from Mysurvey and £15 from ValuedOpinions so I'm trying to figure out what other games to get (Recommendations?)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Monster Hunter is my most played game on it, though the likes of Pikmin and so on are also good.
My top priority games are Wonderful 101 and Resident Evil
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Resident Evil was good, I still need to get wonderful 101 just wont be anytime soon.
Lego City is well worth a bash, should be pretty cheap now too.
RE is great, love the online on that .
Nope still £30-£40, I'm not that interested for that price. Any downloadable games to look into bar Earthbound
Plenty of VC games worth a bash, would also recommend Bit Trip Runner 2, Mighty Switch force and The Cave.
Will get Bit Trip Runner when it's in a inevitable Humble Bundle. (Not a big fan of the first) Will have a look into Switch Force and I got The Cave from PS+ (Still not played it though)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You should get Trine as well thats pretty fun though you may be able to get it cheaper on PC.
Got them both in the Summer Sale and I also have a spare key for Trine 2
Tom Clancy is dead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24372224
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
That sucks.
I'm sure it won't stop Ubisoft feeding off his corpse.