Tuesday Chat, October 8

With a new generation of consoles soon to be rolling into town, we'd like to make today a day of reflection. There have certainly been some brilliant games over the past six years or so, but which are your favourites?

Titles such as Halo, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Batman, Tomb Raider, God of War and Red Dead Redemption have all lit up this generation and there are plenty more too, but which hold the fondest memories for you?

Why not post your five favourite current generation games below.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 08 Oct, 2013

Comments
ANDY 3 years ago
why is shopto not having call of duty ghosts?
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
cod 2,cod 3,cod 4,cod 5, and cod 6
kingkarl's avatar
kingkarl 3 years ago
If you think the cod series has been the best games out then your seriously not a real gamer
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
You don't know what your missing mate.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
@ANDY: There was an announcement some months back. The publisher can't guarantee to ShopTo that they will be able to honor all of the pre-orders. That is why it is not available. I guess it will be available on launch. I agree with ShopTo. It is the right move. @yodasoldier: There are many other games that are better than CoD. I haven't even played the last one, because every single year is the same thing. And it is overpriced. On topic. As 360 gamer my favorite games this generation are: Gears of War (1 & 2; 3 was kind of meh; I didn't like Judgement's multiplayer that much), Halo Reach (Halo 4 was great, especially the multiplayer), Darksiders II (awesome game, liked it a lot), Batman Arkham City (playing for a second time now, great game with awesome combat system), Assassin's Creed (Ezio trilogy was amazing; III was great, with amazing ending for Connor's storyline (I know that some of the people that played the game didn't like it); the first one was great kick-off for the franchise); Mass Effect Trilogy. Honorable mention: DmC (enjoyed it, a lot :) )
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@Andy just because your not good at a game doesn't make it rubbish. noob
ANDY 3 years ago
yoda, what are you waffling about, I've never said i was not good at any game?
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
For me the Uncharted Trilogy is the highlight of this generation. Then its probably the Gears Series then Ni No Kuni.
Stand out games of the last generation? Not a lot really, Mario Galaxy, Borderlands, Mass Effect and Saints Row spring to mind.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
The stand out games for me were The Last of Us and the Infamous series. I played these games a lot and really enjoyed them.
dollydolman22's avatar
dollydolman22 3 years ago
Burnout Paradise! By far my favourite and only the second game I owned this generation. Uncharted 1 & particularly 2 stand out, along with Fable 2 & 3, which both consumed way more of my time than they should have done. DiRT 2 is also a favourite.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Favorite games were, Halo Reach, Unchartered, Mass Effect, Afro Samurai, both Batman games, Amazing Spiderman, Street Fighter 4, Bioshock, Dishonored, Rock Band/s, Tomb Raider, Mirrors Edge, Limbo, Viva Pinata, Assassins creeds. There is more too i think!
ANDY 3 years ago
ok yoda,lol
ANDY 3 years ago
xbox one is not backwards compatible is it guys for the xbox 360
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Woop on zoop bored of fifa now fav game fifa and that got dem zuppies on it like yo.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
No it is not Andy though they have said that they may do a streaming thing similar to PS4 if there was demand for it. Favourite ones for this generation were Mass Effect(1-3), Red Dead redemption, Cod 4, Borderlands (1+2), Gears of War and Uncharted even though I feel as though the third one was a bit of a let down personally feel as though it was just rushed out after how well the second one done.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
My faves are so far past these few years but still have tons of backlog get trough. But the ones i have played these have been my faves Mirrors Edge,persona 3,All Project DIVA Games,Blazblue,Bayonetta,Arcana Heart 3 & last not least Lost Odyssey & K-ON! Houkage Live.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You might have to raise a ticket for that or email them, I am sure i have seen similar stuff before asked and that was what they were told to do.
I'm sure everyone knows mine already but I'll play along anyway. In no particular order: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Journey.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I was going to include Fire Emblem on the 3DS but was not sure how handheld generations would fit in. Dragons Dogma was great but it did feel as though it was made for co-op then taken out. Never did complete it thanks to my save file disappearing.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Just did zombie thanks i forgot about tickets only ever had too use it once. Nox no blazblue tut tut. anyways i'm shocked we cant still changed our pic & also my dragon's crown on its way :D
I really need to start playing it again as I haven't played the second half of the game or explored Bitterblack Isle. (It doesn't feel like Co-op to me)
I like Blazblue but I don't really like fighters all that well
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
looks like I am stuck with jesus zoidberg then. It is just the whole summoning other player pawns and so on. I was just about to go fight the big dragon. Will probably go back and play it again later.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Blazblue not an fighter it's an masterpiece. How you likeing your wii-u you lucky peon !? Also does anyone else think the new lotto ad is annoying that song get on my nerves.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The strange thing is if I go into the memory settings on the xbox my save file is still ther it just does not load when I go into the game.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Zombie try copying it then try it then if that doesn't work copy your save to usb then see if it will work that way.
What I do if my save corrupts in put it on flash drive, open it in Modio and Rehash it, works most of the time
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
> @Andy just because your not good at a game doesn't make it rubbish. noob > Sorry andy i was not talking to you it was for superman but i cant be bothered to be a cod fanboy anymore today. @yoda soldier Seriously? Considering the vocabulary that you are using, I will guess that you don't have such a broad view for games now do you? It is good to play something different once in a while ;) p.s. You haven't played against me, so you don't know if I am good or not. Truth hurts. On topic, I forgot to mention Dark Souls. Now, THAT is game.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Got to gotta catch them all pokemon! 3 days left!
Not played Wind Waker yet but I did download the Wonderful 101 Demo (Takes a while to get used to the chaos) ZombiU Demo (This is a game I must have) Resident Evil Revelations (Couldn't get over the controls) and the rest of the Demos I haven't got around to playing
Pokemon is one game I wish doesn't come early for me since I need to wait till Friday to start the game
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Will give that a try later then. Friday is still early.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Wow the guys & girls at shopto your awesome & so fast you sorted out my missing points so fast! Thank you everyone at shopto that's why your my fave game's retailer your just the best no doubt about it!!!
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox you decide you starter pokemon yet on x or y?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I am going for Chespin not had a grass one since gold and silver it has usually been water (with the exception of Charmander)
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
NIER
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I used grass in white & white 2 witch worked great. But this time might go fire or water they both look great also chespin is cute too but we'll see who i choose when my x version arrives.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Baiken nier I forgot about that but only played the demo witch was stunning. but the real deal is waiting for me in my backlog cant wait to play nier needs an second game that's for sure.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Grass works well for me this time as I get to have my Charmander as well, was tempted by the water one might go for that when I get X after i am finished with Y.
In Black 1 I picked Mijumaru, in Black 2 I picked Pokubu so in X or Y I'm thinking Chespin then Squirtle and then Torchic from the Event but I'll see what Pokemon I like when I catch up with the Anime ( I'm on Episode of N Episode 8 so I have a lot to catch up on)
Nier was a utter failure if I remember correctly
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
You should play it when you get the chance it has its flaws like any other game but imo it has the best ost this gen and a good story too.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
@Nox: It didn't sell great but its an underrated gem.
Even better than Metal Gear Revengence, Skyward Sword and Dragon's Dogma? I HAVE TO PLAY IT NOW
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
I enjoyed those games too, its just a matter of preference. Nier follows on from the fifth ending of Drakengard.
If anyone here has Pirate Warriors 1 add me on PSN cos I need those Nakama Coins
Oh I never knew that & it just so happens that Drakengard is on my "To Buy" list
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox i have pirate warriors 1 & now have 2 since last cyber sunday, I snapped up that great offer.
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Drakengard I own them still hehe.
Did it take a while for the game to add to your basket like it did for me?
WTF! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JUD6eSC-68
For pirate warriors 2?
Yes, it kept on saying something along the lines of "This game is not available for purchase right now, try again later"
When you starting Pirate Warriors anyway? It goes up to Marineford/The Battle of the Best
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
They do say that alcohol is bad for you but I bet they were not expecting that.
Never be able to walk down that aisle again (I don't drink so it's not a big deal anyway)
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/blazblue-chronophantasma-release-gets-rachel-nendoroid-and-a-mystery-item/ Link says it all
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
when you see it all fall it does not look like it is held up by much, surprised it did not fall earlier.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Before i do anything to do with that they need to reduce chicken and rice at argos!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
1. Ni No Kuni 2. Saints Row 4 3. Heavy Rain 4. Castlevania Lords of Shadow 5. Hyperdimension Neptunia
Really, Neptunia?
I'm a big fan of the series but no just no
Lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgaLnYbNuRg
Mangaman1's avatar
Mangaman1 3 years ago
I'm sayin' bioshock bioshock 2 uncharted 2 mario galaxy 2 and the last of us. Hope next gen has some more original classics to come!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
1. Xenoblade Chronicles. 2. Nier. 3. Mario Galaxy (both) 4. Skyward Sword. 5. Phoenix Wright. Honourable mentions to Bioshock, Tomb Raider reboot, Elite Beat Agents, Darksiders, Ni No Kuni and 3D Dot Gaming Heroes