Wednesday Chat, October 9

Yesterday we asked you what your top five games of the current generation are, so today we are going to flip that topic on its head and ask you for your five worst?

What games can't you stand and why? Is it the bad story which gets you down, or is it the shoddy presentation?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Oct, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Alien's Colonial Marines is certainly up there. God Of War IV was pretty poor too. Personally I always use mine as a list of disappointing games rather than worst. Because I don't intentionally try to play bad games.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Aliens CM - Not the worst game i guess but it was such a disappointment........Bomberman Zero....Duke Nukem Forever....... Call of Duty series (because of what it has done to the industry i.e expectations, dlc prices, decline in new IPs, hundreds of shooter clones)
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I having a easier time moving my freezer than controlling King of Fighters XII character. I am ok with clunky controllers, but KoFXII controls is like a 50kg Brick on both your arms
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
God don't forget Sonic the Hedgehog with that Human/Hedgehog cross breeding thing
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Dark Souls 2 beta time! Anyone else get the US key, download it, then try it out right before they shut down the servers? I got to play for 15 minutes, in which I only traveled about 80feet away from the bonfire as I got invaded and did not want to move... A blue phantom came to my rescue though and we gestured a bit. Good fun. Roll on Saturday.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Hard to pick out bad games would have to agree with Bomberman Act Zero that was a terrible idea for Bomberman. Other ones would be Mind Jack and Quantum Theory. Sonic 06 was a disappointment as well.
Worst games of the last generation? CoD, FIFA and AC all spring to mind instantly ;)
I don't play bad games but the two that spring to mind are two games I got in Bundles, Wizorb and X-Blades (God X-Blades is terrible)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
In no order, 5 of my worst games I've played are.. Damnation, Homefront, Metro 2033, I am Alive and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Just random ones I remember, prob other crap games that I forgot.
Ok the first 2 I agree with you on (Although there are worse games) but the other 3 range from OK to really good and from that I can tell what you don't like (BTW what S.T.A.L.K.E.R?)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
You can tell what I don't like? STALKER is some PC game, I thought it was like fallout but turned out to be just terrible, luckily I only plaid a few quid on steam sale. I haven't actually really played that many bad games because I can be picky with what I play so I only play games I know I will like. That said, I have bought games just for the sake of it before if they are cheap.
There are 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Ohh you mean what one? I thought you was asking what STALKER was. They are all bad, I bought them all in a bundle and tried them, they all were terrible.
Only played the first one a few years ago and I loved what I played. You like the streamlined cookie-cutter type of playstyle, I don't
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Actually, tell a lie. I didn't play the clear sky one, the other 2 were crap so I just uninstalled all 3 of them.
On an other note, played FTL yet? How bad do you hate it?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Not played it yet, installed it but never played it, same with the other games I got from the bundle.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Also, if a game doesn't grab me quick enough I will likely drop the game quick. I did the same with Fallout, played about an hour and was taking too long to get into it so I sold the game, but then I bought it back later on gave it another shot and loved it.
Most great games are like that
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Don't you dare insult STALKER! Well, except maybe Clear Sky. But SoC and CoP are amazing games... though I did only play them modded.
This is actually kind of cool http://tinyurl.com/nbswto5
Chazza's avatar
Chazza 3 years ago
I remember playing a WWII based FPS early in the Xbox 360's life called Hour Of Victory that was dire. Kane & Lynch was pretty bad and 50 Cent - Blood In The Sand sucked too. Resident Evil 6 wasn't so much bad as just a huge disappointment and I didn't think much of Homefront either.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The worst game I played this generation was Resident Evil operation Raccoon City that was just dreadful.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Don't know why that game got so much hate. I actually enjoyed RE:RC
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Really? it was the awful AI and shooting that really done it in for me at one point I shot a person (not zombie) in the head about 5 times and he did not react or die.
Oh and I hate any game with bullet sponges
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
I never answered the question, silly me. The DMC reboot, Oblivion/Skyrim (both are a mess), Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy XIII and at last, Halo 3; probably because I never played the first two. I never played any of the terrible games like Sonic 06, Aliens CM, DNF etc.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
DMC, Skyrim, BL2, FF? it said worst games, not best. DMC was such an awesome game, way better than the older ones.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Please take time to comment on our latest article on the site re: video content if you can. thanks :)