Thief gets new gameplay trailer

Square has just released a new gameplay trailer for Thief.

Check out the video, let us know what you think and pre-order below.

Thief is out next year on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited On 09 Oct, 2013

Comments
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Doesn't look that great, and the voice acting seems kind of bad to me.
Too setpiecey for me, I'll stick to the old ones for now
Also having the mansion burn down right after you finish a job doesn't exactly scream stealth
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Of course it does, what better way to sneak away than to have all the guards investigating a burning mansion. Besides, Ezio has been doing it for a long time.
There are better places to get my stealth fix. I like being a ghost, finishing my objective without anyone knowing I was there or learning about and then stalking my target so I can get a clean silent kill
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Unfortunately we can't have stuff like that because we still have terrible AI in games. I laugh every time a developer says "we have advanced human-like AI" then you play the game and the AI is horrendous. Cliffy once said that about Gears 2.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
It really P's me off in stealth games when you're climbing a house and for some reason the guard always decides he wants to stand with his back facing the window so you can throw him out, or when guards here something and they look in the stupidest places and act dumb. This is most notable in Hitman games.
We can and we do have stuff like that, it's just some games make it easier or harder than most. Alpha Protocol has terrible AI but I enjoyed that as a Stealth game
Your standards are too high mate, just enjoy what we have
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
But how can you fully immerse yourself in a game when the AI are so stupid? Another thing I find ridiculous is when you're in cover on the edge of a wall and parts of your body are blatantly visible yet the guy standing right around the corner can not see you. Also when there are guys under the light but you walk just outside of the light area and they can't see you because you're are obviously hidden.
Just think that you are in a world of retards who don't eat their carrots
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Though you're mostly right, I kind of expect too much from a game.
Ever played Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Think I played a demo but that's it.
Dark Athena is not that good (Too much Action & not enough Stealth) but you get an updated version of Escape from Butcher Bay (Must play if you are a Riddick fan)