Thursday Chat, October 10

We are probably opening up a can of worms here, but with the next generation is a month away, we want to know have got your order sorted? Did you get the bundle you want or did you go for a solo console?

Which console did you buy? Xbox One or PS4? What games or accessories did you purchase?

Let's not turn this into a moaning match about you order, let's just chat about what you ordered, what you're excited about and anything else you can think about on this topic.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 10 Oct, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Still waiting on some games announced before I order. But technically I got my next gen console sorted when it was released last year. Or technically 2 years back when the 3ds was released.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Gonna wait till next year before I choose my first one, i'd like the kinks to be ironed out first.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I could only realistically afford one, and so I opted for PS4. This mostly hinging on the fact my friends who are also buying next gen at launch are PS fans. I will eventually pick up the X-One but not for a year or so. I had ordered the console solo, with two games (Killzone and BF4) and a camera. However, I got offered the mega bundle and with an extra controller being something I wanted, if not affordable, so I opted for. Otherwise, I was happy enough to get them all solo.
Waiting for a decent line up of games before I make a purchase, maybe in a year or so. In the meantime I have my Wii U, which has plenty of awesome next gen games already, and plenty more coming.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I was so hyped about next gen but now i dont even want one.. but if i change my mind ill most likely get one around september next year with fifa 15.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
got the solo XBone (Forza 5) and a few games, woulda gone for a bundle but dont really want an extra controller yet. sat here waiting and hoping for pokemon Y to arrive.
kilz0r's avatar
kilz0r 3 years ago
I managed to get everything I wanted. I was lucky enough to get a Killzone Mega Bundle and I've also ordered Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4. I have to say though, I'm quite looking forward to getting a go of some of the F2P games.
Przemyslaw 3 years ago
Got the ps4 with kz,b4,wd bundle . Was very happy until this morning seeing bundle prices of an another retailer , do you do by any chance a price match ?
Nutty Scouser's avatar
Nutty Scouser 3 years ago
might cancel my xbone, yet there is to many backward steps going on with it at the moment, i personally dont think its ready, PS4 is ready but im an xbox fan, got a feeling with all this back peddling going on it could mess the system and create a new RROD or simlar..... very unsure what to do yet
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
I am gonna wait until Demon's Souls 2 is announced for PS4. Or at least something of a similar caliber.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I've got a PS4 mega bundle ordered with Watch Dogs, ACIV and Infamous: SS. Rather like Kaysar, I will also get an XBone at some point. Getting a standard PS4 for my mate, because I'm nice like that and he can't afford one.
Adam 3 years ago
Being an "Old Age Playstationer" there was only one choice, the PS4 Mega Bundle it is for me, plus BF4 and Watchdogs. I figure it is best to be covered so that I can game with my community chums.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
My Xbox One and games is paid for now, can't believe it's just over 6 weeks away :-) .. As for PS4, well my son is getting one on launch so at least I can get to try it before deciding, my main concern with Sony is have they improved their Network? if in the months after release I hear some good feedback about it I'll have no hesitation in picking one up, the only problem I'd have then is convincing the wife why I need both next gen consoles! ... So now it's just a matter of making the games I have now last until 22nd November, I might have to have a look in the Bargain/Sale section on Shopto to see if I can grab a few cheap titles I've missed.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
PS4 with Knack, AC4 and Watchdogs + possible Skylanders Swap Force. I only gonna get the Camera for my PS4, since their also need to be something to wish for ad Christmas
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
since selling my ps3 and games i now have on order the ps4 mega bundle and 8 launch games , cannot wait for killzone and assassins creed they will look great , prob pick up the left over games in jan going to be hard waiting now we are close to release
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
My next gen preorder basket is: Xbox One Console, Play and Charge Kit with Controller, Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition and Zoo Tycoon. I've paid off everything except the console because kind of want to use my ShopTo points against it so can't prepay :P Had the console preordered since E3 though so I should be in a good spot in the preorder queue. I will probably get a PS4 in a year or two, or when there are exclusives I want. Right now the only Playstation 4 game I am interested in is Yakuza Ishin and that is coming out on PS3 too so there isn't any point in me getting a PS4 until there are exclusive games I want to play.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
scott you better remember to add me since you've ditched me :P
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i didnt ditch you joe lol i just took of my profile will be adding my new psn on here when ps4 is out
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Only have the mega bundle for the ps4 but for the Xbox one I have dead rising 3, ryse, battlefield and Forza ordered from here and cod and watchdogs from game paying for them with the money I got for trading in games.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Still can't decide whether to cancel my Xbox pre-order and just stick with PC for now. I wish DR3 was coming out on PC.
jamie matthew 3 years ago
I have pre-ordered both Xbox one and ps4 as there are games that I want that are. Xbox one only and games that are ps4 only,I will be getting FIFA 14 free with Xbox one instead of forza cause I will play FIFA more plus I have got dead rising 3 and call of duty. Ghosts pre-ordered for Xbox one and kill zone and watchdogs pre-ordered for. Ps4 so I will have plenty to play on over Christmas before I start buying any other games,I have also ordered the play and charge for Xbox one and the charger for ps4,ps4 vertical stand,can't wait to play my games when they come
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Decided my next console will be wii-u, will be great for my son when he's growing up.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
My next gen stuff is Xbox one day one with fifa 14, assassins creed black flag, battlefield 4, call of duty ghosts, dead rising 3, forza 5. So far I’ve only paid for the console put give me 2-3 weeks and all my games will be paid for too. im a quite annoyed about the whole headset/adaptor problem as i don’t want to buy another headset (im happy with my astro a40s 2013 edition) and the turtle beaches xo fours and xo sevens just look cheap and nasty, id rather buy the chat adopter but I can’t find a price, picture or release date for the adopter so makes me think that microsoft and turtle beach will release the headsets first and then a few weeks later or maybe even months later release the xbox one chat adopter which would be utter bullshit.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I'm getting the PS4 with Watchdogs bundle ( would swap to the Mega Bundle if I'm lucky enough to get the opportunity), Killzone , Battlefield 4, Knack and COD ghosts. Debating about getting PS4 camera, but I want to see more of it before I make my mind up.
I got my Next-Gen console last week
Mangaman1's avatar
Mangaman1 3 years ago
I've been lucky and have got a mega bundle along with BF2 and AC3.ive all this gen consoles and wii u which is a great console.zombie u is ace.i really don't like look of xbone at the moment.i hate the look of it,kinect and Microsoft only has halo exclusive I enjoy.sony has far better exclusives.i might get xbone if they so a 'slim' in a few yrs
Mangaman1's avatar
Mangaman1 3 years ago
Edit....I mean BF4 & AC4 lol.just hope all next gen consoles are able to deliver great games and no more poor frame rates and dodgy low res textures and v-sync as standard as I hate screen tear.
Wise move Tootell ;)
Well I got Pokemon X&Y but I can't play them just yet. It's killing me having them sit there. (Anyone know when Pokemon Bank is out?)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Isn't X and Y the same game?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Is it not the end of the year Nox? Essentialy yes whitey but there are differences.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Did you get them from here Nox? My postman still has not arrived.
Mine's dispatching now, hopefully be here tomorrow ;)
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
mine arrived this morning. quite like it so far. theres a LOT of useful pokemon in the first forest (the 3 monkeys from last time pansear ect and pikachu!) its also a copy of viridian forest. theres a few weird features so far like the training program, cool stuff though! oh from shopto btw.
Got it from Shopto. One is for my mates birthday Whitey although I will be buying the one I don't get when it has a discount
Oh and my Wind Waker HD code sold for £30 (I should have made it end tonight)
The training program will make EV Training less of a chore but what I want to know is if there is a way to look at the IVs in game
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Has anyone seen 'The Wolf Among Us' from TellTale? Don't know whether to get it. ”
*Wolf* I'm sure TB will do a WTF of the game
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
It looks extremely like TDW. If its storytelling is as good as TDW then I may get it.
Wait for a WTF or a few reviews, Telltale are hit and miss
TDW?
The Walking Dead
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
My bad.. TWD even
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
nox, theres also a way to reset them too. and yes theres a pentagon chart and a bar that shows how full each pokemon is. i may actually EV this time. (IVs are shown too in grey, no exact numbers though sadly.) (well i havent found them yet)
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
Just got home been playing Pokemon a bit. I think it's quite good, I may get a PS4 at launch but haven't fully decided yet. I may wait until next year and get one.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I actually cancelled my shopto pre order of a ps4 accidently oh well if i change my mind i have a game pre order for some reason :S
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
I am sad. My copy of Pokemon X has not arrived despite ordering it from here. I honestly think the postman skipped my road. This is so damn irritating.
Darren 3 years ago
Ive pre-ordered my PS4 from you guys in June. Ive pre-ordered the camera and extra controller from Gamestop as they had a good deal this week. I haven't pre-ordered games, they're too expensive and will come down in price. Im going to stock up on psn credit for some of the indie ps4 downloadable titles, thats what i'm looking forward to playing. Next year brings some amazing ps4 titles like infamous which will def be worth buying, i also want to play putty squad, been waiting years for that, won't show capabilities off for the console but for nostalgia its going to be brilliant. I did nearly cancel the pre-order as it is a lot of money but i do use it and play with it so over the years its good value.
It's not due for release till Saturday so you can't really complain Shoozle.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
True but seeing other people get theirs is irritating.
I know, mine's not even been posted yet and I was hoping it would arrive tomorrow :(
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I been playing X all night :P But on the plus side. I got two conventions on Saturday. One is for Pokemon so everyone who gets theirs today will likely catch up to me tomorrow lol.
My copy didn't get posted till 3:57 this morning, unlikely it'll arrive today I'd say :(