Monday Chat, October 14

It's Monday. Happy days.

Our weekend has been full of catching Pokemon and battling them against friends, which left little room for some of the other games around at the moment. But what about you? What games have grabbed your attention this weekend? Tell us all about them.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 Oct, 2013

Comments
My copy of Pokemon Y still hasn't arrived :(
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Cos-Con was Saturday morning. Which resulted in Pokemon battles. Then we had a HUGE Launch party with Brawl, B/W tournaments, quizes which was a load of fun. Rest of the weekend was playing Pokemon. It's easily GOTY for me even if I do have a few problems with it (too easy, stepping back and forcing HMs onto you again etc.) and to me just proves that a tried and tested old title like Pokemon can still hold more fun than a soulless new IP.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Pokemon all weekend and not much else..
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well I tried out FIFA and PES this weekend and also got a few hours in on Beyond Two Souls I am enjoying it but seems to have some problems to me.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Pretty much the 'mons all weekend. Well, that and The West Wing; which I started watching for the first time ever, last week, and currently ploughing through season 2 already. I have finished my uni work and I was meant to start some more writing of my novel (especially as I have people expecting a copy they have already paid for) but 'mons distracted me something terribly :/
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Beyond Two Souls got all of my gaming time over the weekend. It's the type of game you could play every so often and enjoy, but wouldn't want most of your games to be like it. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far though.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I have been playing beyond two souls alot can't stop playing but i don't really like it. I just throws the time line all over the place, It is kinda like a bunch of mini missions with loads of different ideas with a thin storyline keeping them together. It's as if they said what would it be like if jodie went to a party,what if jodie went stealth, what if she was homeless etc etc.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I agree with the story side of it Yoda does seem all over the place. Another thing I dont like is the fighting where you have to press in the right direction some times it is really confusing which direction you have to press and swear I have pressed the right direction and it says I got it wrong.
rachel 3 years ago
A few them have grabbed my attention, but I have no money to get any. so I'm just sitting here, trying to avoid spoilers xd :) I think I'm perfecting the art of using the every website, but avoiding spoilers at the same time :D
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I don't find the fighting that bad but i know what you mean, by the time you see what way she is moving it can be to late. I know some people are going to moan at me but i just don't think they are good writers they leave plot holes and just weird situation's like the birthday party were everyone flips like a swith.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
switch not swith :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah Birthday party scene was a bit weird especially the way I played it as she told that guy the truth about everything which is kind a big deal then he just says do you wanna dance. Yeah then its really weird that they all just turn just like that.
Did anyone else get the msg about Nintendo's new UK Store? Seems a bit random
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I just don't know where i stand with this game as i loved it the first couple of hours but that has dwindled. I finished the homeless scene it then jumped back into jodie as a child and i just felt i am so done with her as a kid . Also i like the idea of things working out different on different play throughs but i don't know if i can be bothered to play again just to push a different couple of buttons.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yes, Nox. Just received it this morning
As for the question I played Pokemon till the Dark Souls Beta started then I dropped everything for 2 hours and then I done something for the rest of the weekend (Can't remember)
Saw it on Facebook Nox, had a look and everything looks to be RRP, so I won't be shopping from there, and I doubt many people will.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah saw that email this morning interesting Idea but there prices are more expensive then most retailers so cant see the point of it.
Would of made more sense making the Ganon Edition of Win Waker Hd Nintendo Store Exclusive then. I assume you get some Star Points for shopping there
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
@yoda I think I am just on the homeless scene now I have enjoyed it so far but I think I will only play it through once same with heavy rain loved heavy rain was happy with my story which seemed to be different to most people I talked to. I wasnt interested in seeing what other endings there were.
I came to a realization while replaying a game during the weekend: Alpha Protocol is better than Mass Effect.
Did anyone know about this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Games-Terraria-PS3/dp/B00FQALFCG/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_8_6VDB?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VSXTGCKCZYNP6M1NGBN
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Did not realise it was getting a disc release also did not realise it was out on the PS3 did it come out the same time as the xbox version? The likes of that and minecraft would be great on the Wii U with the gamepad.
I think it came out one the PS3 a bit after the Xbox but I'm not sure. I tried to but I couldn't get into it, I'll have to try again sometime
If it is anything like Payday 2 505 will release small quantity and it will be going on Ebay for £70 (Still can't believe that happened)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
When i first tried I did not take too it either was trying to play a bit like minecraft where i just wanted to build but it is more about killing things.
Exploring
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
My 3ds arrived and I've been caning Pokemon X all day, if anyone fancies adding me my code is: 4914 - 4002 - 3915