Monday Chat, October 21

It's Monday, so what games have you been playing this weekend? What has been grabbing your attention? Tell us about these titles.

Also, what are you looking forward to this week? There are a few titles hitting shelves, such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rocksmith 2014 and batman Arkham: Origins. Do any of these games appeal to you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Oct, 2013

Comments
Played some Sonic Lost World and Pokemon Y over the weekend, enjoying Sonic, it's good in short bursts, just a few hours at a time, it's been getting some crazy bad reviews though. Stupid thing is the major thing the bad reviews criticize is the same thing everyone thought was great in all the previews, the slowing down of Sonic to give you more control. Was going to pick up the directors cut of Deus Ex this week, but I've had a last minute change of heart and have pre-ordered Lego Marvel instead.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
Morning everyone , in still playing windwaker, i completed it a little while back now in half way through on hero mode, also i have deus ex directors cut pre ordered , never played original so looking forward to Friday , last xbox 360 game i buy before my ps4 arrives
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
so Gloria, would my kids like sonic then as they have shown interest but I held back as sonics have not been too good in recent games, my youngest cant control sonic as high speed
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Finished Beyond Two Souls over the weekend enjoyed it it has its problems but is enjoyable feel it was more of a game then Heavy Rain not much more but a little. In my opinion the story in Heavy Rain was better.
Your kids will probably love Sonic if they couldn't handle the speed, it's much more leisurely paced, the speed is still there, but it's optional now.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
cool thanks Gloria, if its optional then he might not struggle to not fall off the sides
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I finished beyond two souls and am selling it to get batman on friday so says all i need to about that game :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I platted Fifa over the weekend and also started uncharted 2 yesterday i'm only 5 chapters in but i'm already enjoying it!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Take it your werent too impressed with it Yoda?
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Still playing pokemon X, ang GTA Online. Looking forward to Batman Friday just wish i had more time.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@bindiana i enjoeyed playing it but i just don't think its a good story, at least with heavy rain there was point you wanted to save your son with this there was no point to me i didn't care about anything. The thing is i would like to see diffrerent endings and make different choices but i don't want to play an half hour scene and just pick a different dress.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
@Yoda agree with you on all those points I cant see myself playing it again was happy with my story I got it seems a lot of effort to go through to see a different story what would make me consider playing it again is if once you completed it you could play in chronological order to make it easier to follow.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@bindiana i think if you could it still wouldn't make sense. I have a question why does she leave the lab to meat friends in the bar.When she has no friends as she is in the lab 24/7?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
There are lots of things like that and lots of things that remind you its a game and is limited, like you can posses people but only the ones it will let you.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
That was what i was going to say about aiden :) I just don't think they are good writers thats not a game mechanic thats just bad writing and if you are trying to make a game more like a film you cant have things like that. "check the list again i think you will find im on it now "
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
The worse one for me was the scene where you are told to leave and have to pack your things up and she is annoyingly sobbing all the way round and completely stops as soon as she opens the door.
dave 3 years ago
I sold my PS3 a few weeks ago so i dont have any consoles at all until i get my PS4. I dusted off my pc and downloaded Battlefield 2 again, Really fun! I'm dying to play some console games haha.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@bindiana yeah the sobbing i had to turn the volume down on that. What did you think about the end choices in the game i thought they were very random choices to pick.
Played Mark of Ninja all weekend, also reinstalled Pirates of the Caribbean (Sea Dogs 2) & applied the New Horizons Mod, it has come a long way in 3 years. ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035036629/screenshots/ )
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
@Yoda I presume your talking right at the end with the choice of 3 then yeah they were really random to be honest I couldnt really remember who 2 were so it was the logical choice I could choose. It seemed just a way to add more endings for no apparent reason.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
Yeah thats it and i was like is that the guy i spent three3 days with in a 15 year time line : ). But thats enough talk about that game im should be getting a vita by the end of next month.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah its hard to talk about it without giving spoilers away do need to give me Vita some love havent played it in a while.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
also at the weekend i purchased myself an iPad so i can't wait for that to arrive!
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I jumped between pokemon X and GTA online most of the weekend, also had a go at twitter, couldn't sleep last night so watch the walking dead on stream, oh and I'm still waiting for an apology.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@joe your not going to sell it in a couple of weeks are you?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Sell what Yoda?
Tootell bought a Ipad and Yoda was making a joke about how Tootell bought a PSV and sold it in a matter of weeks
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
made two broken PS3's into one working unit. cost me a mars bar. so played some MGS 4. then went back on the 360 for some GTA Online and a bit of Pokemon Y.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Na because i haven't got it with games in mind i was in the market for a new laptop but though a tablet would be more convinient, and it was about a week Nox.
Why not a Kindle?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Just really fancy an iPad i'm sort of an apple fanboy.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Speaking of fanboys i cant wait till the ps4 and xbone releases im sick of seeing all the fanboying its starting to grind my gears
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Just said that in the other thread, theres nothing wrong with being a fanboy its when they start arguments with other fanboys thats when it all breaks down. You should get infinty blade 3 on it Joe it is really good looks impressive as well.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
ill give it a go i deffinatly will be getting angry birds.
The World Ends With you is on the Ipad as well (Don't know how well it plays though) I also have to mention KOTOR and Baldur's Gate
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Angry birds > life
Farmville > Angry Birds
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Ohh no you didnt!
Morrowind > Angry Birds
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
agreed actually.
Having second thoughts about cancelling my Deus Ex Directors Cut pre-order now the review scores are coming in. http://www.gamerankings.com/wii-u/707853-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/index.html Maybe I should reorder it, but it means I'll have to sacrifice Link between Worlds or Lego Marvel.
Deus Ex Directors Cut re-ordered, I'll just have to decide between Link between Worlds and Lego Marvel in a few weeks.
I wish I didn't reinstall Pirates of the Caribbean, now I really want to play AC4 so I can spend hours just sailing