Killzone Shadow Fall goes gold

Killzone Shadow Fall has gone gold, meaning that the game is already to be sent off for printing and distribution.

This news comes after the announcement that another first party PS4 title, DriveClub has been delayed into next year, so the fact that one major title is making it through to the printers is at least some good news.

Killzone Shadow Fall is being released both as a stand alone title and as part of PS4 hardware bundles in Europe. It'll also be accompanied by future DLC in the form of competitive multiplayer maps, all of which will be free.

Of course the game will receive premium DLC too, although you'll be able to get a decent sized discount on this by purchasing a Killzone Shadow Fall season pass.

Are you excited for Killzone Shadow Fall?

Edited On 21 Oct, 2013

Comments
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
cannot wait to play this game. i am gutted about Driveclub but this is great news
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
great news looking forward to this , love all killzone games only 5 weeks to go
Kaysar 3 years ago
A piece of good news stemming from the PS4 camp. Looking forward to getting my mitts on this and with the extra controller should be the main game played at my launch get together I'm having.
Does it have split screen multiplayer then Kaysar?
Kaysar 3 years ago
You know what, Gloria, that was a massive assumption on my part. Kinda hoping it did and I'm now about to visit the great oracle Google to see if they have the answer.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Dammit it doesn't! Neither does Battlefield 4. Looks like the digital launch games will get a look in to see if any of them offer split screen multi-player.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Split Screen multiplayer is sadly becoming a thing of the past Kaysar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I know it is, which is a damn shame. TVs keep getting bigger and bigger and yet the local multiplayer is missing in many games nowadays. I get the drive for online MP, but it's a shame that you can't really get a handful of mates over to play games unless you all happen to like a certain sport (football, basketball, etc) any more.
Kaysar 3 years ago
I'll wait for COD to come out on PS3/Xbox and then see if that has split screen. If so, Battlefield will be dropped in favour of it. It's a shame but I often have a friends over and the number of games we can play is getting slimmer and slimmer.
Least Nintendo are keeping local multiplayer alive ;)
Kaysar 3 years ago
True. I should really look and see what games I can pick up for my Wii. Although Nintendo often go too far with games being aimed at four (or more) people. I know, I'm never happy :P
Loads of great local multiplayer games on Wii, Wii U takes things further though, asymmetric gameplay is genius.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Pennies can't stretch for a Wii U at the moment. However, if the Xbox is just as limited as the PS4 for split screen a year down the line, Wii U may get a look in
It will be, both are pretty much focused on online, MS more than Sony if anything. A Wii U is a great investment, loads more quality games than either PS4 or Xbone will have at launch, or launch window, and more fun games than anything you'll get on PS4 or Xbone.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Well it is certainly on my radar so I'll see how finances play out next year. Fingers crossed I'll be asking you for game recommendations in six months or so's time ;-)
Here is how I look at things: Microsoft - Online Multiplayer/ some Single Player. Sony - Single Player/ some Online Multiplayer. Nintendo - Single Player/ Couch Multiplayer.
MARTIN 3 years ago
It looks like they're working on a 4 player split screen patch for after the game ships: https://twitter.com/StevenTerHeide1/status/391162542917451776
Kaysar 3 years ago
Cheers, Martin. Although he doesn't specify whether that is offline, as I have seen quotes with regards to a 4 player online co-op mode. That said, it is odd that Killzone was the game of choice for the Mega Bundle, which comes with two controllers, when both controllers can't be used with the game in question.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
For me, split screen is something of the past when online play wasn't as strong. Now there is no need for split screen, you can play MP with your friends while they are at theirs and talk to each other online. Some people still like to actually sit with their friends and play on same screen, but for me I couldn't care less if a game has split screen or not. Besides, I never liked sharing a screen.
Kaysar 3 years ago
I actually like to hang out with my friends in the flesh ;-) Also, many of my friends don't have the day to day time to game, and thus often don't have the consoles/games/online. It's always nice to have the option to go out for the day, then back to one person's house for a few hours gaming, rather than part ways there to each go to respective houses and game. That also then assumes people's better halves don't find them "better" things to do once home ;-)
MARTIN 3 years ago
Arrggh sorry people - ignore me. Just read here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-your-questions-answered/ that there are NO plans for split screen. That's a shame...I dislike online multi - love playing with my wife at home. Hopefully 'Botzone' is still in - I loved that.
I'm guessing Whitey doesn't really have any friends in the real world.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I'm guessing Gloria knows too much.
Split Screen gaming is still great. One of the best things for it is playing a FPS and sneaking a look at each others screen then swearing you never done anything of the sort
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
That's the worst thing about split screen, can't play vs because of cheating. BTW, is it just me or is this site performing really bad lately? Everything is taking longer to load, avatars keep disappearing every time I post (and can't even change mine) and sometimes the site just comes to a stop and have to close and reload. Slightly annoying.
That's the beauty of asymmetric play locally Whitey, you can have your own screen away from everyone else, loved it since Pacman Vs.
Obscure's avatar
Obscure 3 years ago
Can't wait to play this and its the main title i will be playing so its good new to hear its gone gold. yes whitey its been slow and time out alot for me also.
I still like to have the option for local multi-player but then again I don't know much people that actually plays games.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Well I'm going by 360/PS3 split screen, never tried it on Wii U so maybe it would change my opinion on the matter.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yeah, this site is laggy. Mind you, so is facebook. Maybe Anonymous is trying to take down the net again? Lolz
Titles like Guilty Gear, Smash Bros, Etc are just not the same playing Online
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Only split screen games I've had a great time with really are Mario Party and Timesplitters. Probably some more that I've forgotten because not played split screen in a long time but those are ones that stand out for me.
One of my all time favourites was the original Monkeyball, the drunken all nighters I had on that.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Ah I remember monkeyball, was a fun game to be fair, loved the mini games like when had to fly over ramps and land on floating blocks, and monkeyball golf.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Split screen on FPS is just poor though. You shrink down your viewing point. Only way it'd be fine is if you could sit at the same tv, with glasses on or whatever, and not see the other persons screen while not having your one shrunk down. The only games that are good for playing with your mates in the flesh are sports games or fighting games.
Aimee 3 years ago
Ugh, guess the only splitscreen new game I'll be playing with the family this Christmas will be the Playroom. I really wish more games these days included splitscreen option offline or online. I have 4 gaming friends who I frequently play both online and splitscreen sessions with but we always end up going back to the Gamecube. Pinnicle of splitscreen right there. You can't top Zelda 4 Swords (still waiting for a Wii U version..) Wii and Wii U are alright but the Cube had better quality and a higher quantity of decent games. I think the only PS3 splitscreen games I really play are Ratchet and Clank All 4 One and Borderlands, both of which are superb with a mate.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Considering I used to play, and love, Goldeneye on a tiny 4:3 box, playing two player Left 4 Dead on a 42in LCD screen is pure luxury. I appreciate it's not for everyone, but split screen multiplayer had been a staple of most FPS for so long that I'd personally miss it if it was gone.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
@Kaysar, are any of your friends also getting the console at launch? If so you could just hook up their console to a second TV (at your launch party :)) and play couch mutliplayer that way.
Kaysar 3 years ago
One of my friends, who isn't attending the launch party :/ It's more an excuse to get mates round and play games. DS's, Xbox, PS3 and even the Wii will all be getting played and passed around
Kaysar 3 years ago
Although thanks for the extra TV idea. I have a friend who will bring over a TV with them now so we can have two consoles running at once anyway :)
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Ah thats a shame... perhaps it'd be a good idea for a future get together though(if you can get him to attend with console). Two full screens is always better than split screen and creates an almost arcade like atmosphere, did it myself once with PS3's and a few friends, great fun.
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yeah, that is certainly an idea. I used to do such things with the PS1 at home with my brother. The amount of times we left Command and Conquer running during the school day to get home and finish trying to destroy each other. Good times.