PS4 to support eight player party voice chat

The PlayStation 4 will be able to support up to eight players over party voice chat, according to Sony.

Social media manager Sid Shuman confirmed the news via the PlayStation Blog comments section, saying "Party Voice Chat will support up to 8 players on PS4, like PS Vita."

The console also includes a cross-platform party chat feature, which will be present at launch.

What do you think of this news?

Edited On 23 Oct, 2013

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I think this is great news. For me that's one of the things PS3 always lacked, some sort of party chat feature. I never understood why Sony didn't add it because so many people asked for it. As I said, great news and if I pick up a PS4 at some point at least me and friends won't have to do what we do today when playing the PS3 online, all go into an Xbox LIVE party chat at the same time lol
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Party chat doesn't really bother me one way or the other, while it's nice to be able to talk to my friends and such while on other games, on the other side look what it did to the 360 absolutely no communication between players now.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ iMerle iDixon ... I agree in the sense that Party Chat killed a lot of communication online. For me though I'd still take Party Chat everyday of the week. I guess it sounds kind of selfish but when I play MP or co-op it's only with people I know so Party Chat is ideal for us. Also for me personally going on open mic now in the majority of online games you always meet the idiots, either they start singing or think they are the next Al Capone and give you a load of abuse and I don't want to spend my gaming time hitting the mute button, I just want to go online and relax and have some fun :-)
kilz0r's avatar
kilz0r 3 years ago
For me personally this is massive and the reason I played 99.9% of online/co-op games on the 360 this gen. As an older gamer, after dealing with the stresses of adult life the last thing I want to do is listen to a bunch of kids acting the maggot. On the flip side, nobody in the game wants to hear me moaning to a mate about my day. I'll save in game chat from when I'm flying solo.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
this is good news, im surprised it wasn't announced earlier (like an entire generation earlier... :P). The xbone is supporting more than 8 in a party too which is good, as its hard to get our whole team (theres actually 16 of us. :D) communicating is quite difficult.
Artemisthemp's avatar