Friday Chat, October 25

It's Friday once again, so time to ask what you'll be playing this weekend? Are any particular games grabbing your attention?

We're still playing Sonic for review, while we'll also be bringing you a preview later today for another game we have been playing. Batman is also on our minds, as is Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, all of which we'll be reviewing at some point in the future.

So what about you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 25 Oct, 2013

Comments
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I still have to finish gtav and rain so i might give them a go,i want to buy batman next week.
Mainly Deus Ex I imagine, with some Pokemon and Enter the Dominatrix thrown in probably, maybe a bit of Wind Waker too.
TIAGO 3 years ago
ace attorney dd here
b3media's avatar
b3media 3 years ago
Really, I want to get my progress to 100% on GTA, but that may have to be put on hold for Batman AO.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Enjoyed Beyond TS this week. Maybe I'll platinum it on the weekend...
Also going to squeeze in some Mighty Switch Force 2, downloaded it yesterday and it's excellent, well worth a fiver.
Bindiana 3 years ago
You have more patience then I have Hymeleon to Plat Beyond TS. I have a choice can either play Sonic Lost World or give GTA V a go.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@bindiana i sold my beyond two souls last week and made a profit :)
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I have plated Beyond Two Souls. It isn't a hard game to platinum, it's just time consuming and requires a lot of patience. I'm working on the weekend so won't get much gaming done unfortunately.
Bindiana 3 years ago
@Yoda did you get the special edition from Amazon by any chance. Its always nice when you buy a game new on release and sell it a week later for a profit or at least your money back. @ Spear didnt think it would be hard to plat just kinda of boring because dont you have to play through the whole game 3 times then watch all 11 endings?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
You can get away with just playing it twice if you're careful about it. I don't won't to go into too much detail as all the trophies are hidden and don't won't to give away too much. But you can combine duo mode play through save all trophy, then do the other trophies in 2nd play through.
Bindiana 3 years ago
yeah I suppose but you kind of lose a bit the experience if your playing the first time to an exact plan. Did you do Duo mode by yourself I take it and just changed controllers everytime. Did anyone play with the Iphone app was it any good?
It is the same drill with me this week, I'll play whatever I feel like. The only thing that I'm 100% playing is the Dark Souls 2 Network Test on Sunday
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@bindiana yes i did and i had used the dlc.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
be on batman arkham origins all weekend exellent game other news just got back from my local game and caved in and pre paid for a xbox 1 with dead rising and ryse treated my self to a early christmas present
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
@Bindiana, I used the Iphone app, as I've lost my other controller. Yeah the app was ok, I chose to control Aiden with the app because I thought controlling Jodie would be too annoying. Anyone seen that image on Neogaf of a Spanish copy of COD Ghosts PS4? The image isn't the clearest but it looks like it says minimum mandatory 49GB install for COD Ghosts PS4. It might say 4.9GB but from the image it looks more like 49GB.
b3media's avatar
b3media 3 years ago
Just noticed the Flashback remake on XBLA. Totally slipped by me for some reason. Absolutely loved the Mega Drive version! Some reviews don't particularly paint a pretty picture, but I'll probably get it purely for nostalgia!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@berian you get the old version with the game as well.
Just got the Luigi Coin from Club Nintendo
Bindiana 3 years ago
Oh forgot to order that nox still need to update my points udpdated my namco points last week hoping for some tales goodies to come up soon.
WTF! Look at the prices that people are selling the coin for on Ebay
Bindiana 3 years ago
I guess because you cant get it on club nintendo anymore:(
Meh I'm not that desperate for money that I'll sell it.
I have still to update my Namco account with my Milla Maxwell Edition but it is still unopened. Anything good there at the moment
Bindiana 3 years ago
There are some One Piece sets up at the moment which includes a glass and a cup and some other things.
Cool, I'm going to log in and have a look. Btw how much points do you have?
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have 8500 at the moment and need to add my Maxwell Edition points as well but have used 10,000 to get 2 pac man ghost plushes.
I have 7145, also still have my Dark Souls Steelbook unopened
Been wondering this for a while but other than buying games how to you get points?
Still no word on Symphonia, not happy
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have got all my points from buying games and setting up a profile which I think gave you 500 points or something you can also earn points by starting discussions on there discussions boards as well as commenting on others or sharing tips and stuff. I have never looked at the boards though. Yeah Symphonia getting annoying now keep checking website a few times a day but still nothing.
They only started doing points for games last year, how the hell have you had nearly 20,000 in that time?
Bindiana 3 years ago
I buy a lot of games I do have nearly every Wii U and Vita boxed game released also you know what i do on the side of my normal job so get the odd unused code through that as well.
Fair enough
I might start that as well still the stores around my sometimes get in rare-ish games for cheap. I bought DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii) not too long ago for £5
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah a lot of people dont bother with those codes the same with nintendo ones I dont know if Game take the codes out of them if they have been traded in.
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have bought the odd game cheap just for the code a while back bought Rise of the Guardians on ps3 from HMV for £5 used the code and then sold it on ebay for £15
I would think that some employees take the codes for themselfs but then again maybe not since most people who work in Game nowadays aren't even gamers
Bindiana 3 years ago
I dont know if you knew you can register up to 3 different copies of the same game as well. But agree on your point the Game staff are not really gamers anymore in the main part.
Talking of registering codes, the pin number from my copy of Deus Ex doesn't work, I had this once before on a DS game and despite emailing Nintendo several times never even got a reply.
My Luigi coin hasn't arrived yet either, how much are they going for on Ebay?
Bindiana 3 years ago
Never had that before Gloria had some that had expired but none that failed.
Yeah, just came back with 'please enter a valid code' not the error message saying that I may have O's and 0's mixed up or I's and 1's. I've emailed them about it anyway, along with a photo of the code, hopefully they'll get back to me about it sometime, although I won't hold my breath.
Have you put them all in Caps or switch the 0 with O and the 1 with I? I'll try registering mine to see if it works
Yes, I put them all in Caps, and tried switching the O's and 0's etc, I'm thinking maybe it's a code for a different country, although I'm not sure they would have separate codes for countries, just regions.
Mine don't work
Same error message?
I just get a 'please enter a valid code' same as you. I'm guessing they aren't live yet
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah looks like they havent been activated yet.
Never had that before, and back in the Gamecube days I would get games as early as the Tuesday before release and still be able to register them.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Everyone should be playing Phoenix Wright this weekend. No excuse to not be. Its easily one of the best games this year. Actually the 3DS on a whole this year has made everything else look laughable