Monday Chat - October 28th

It's the last Monday in October and we're getting ever closer the release of the new next generation consoles. Joe's off this week and left it in my (Colin!) hands once again.

So, how have you been?
Been playing much over the weekend? Anyone pick up Batman: Arkham Origins?
What games will you be picking up with the PS4/Xbox One?
Who's coming along to the Xbox One event tomorrow?

Just a note, there won't be too much news going up today, as I'm away covering an Xbox One Mountain Dew event in London. Sightings of Doritos are unconfirmed at this stage. We should have some great video content up this week from a good few events.

Edited On 28 Oct, 2013

Comments
Played some Deus Ex over the weekend, definitely the definitive version on Wii U, gamepad functionality and Miiverse integration is excellent, and the boss battles aren't quite as frustrating as they were originally. Also did the Enter the Dominatrix DLC for SR4, was alright, not as good as I had hoped though, and I wasn't keen on the 'behind the scenes/making of' approach they took with it, hopefully they won't be doing that with the next DLC. Knocked out a few more levels of Mighty Switch Force 2 too, great game, love the combination of platforming and puzzles.
b3ddo3's avatar
b3ddo3 3 years ago
Watched the new dashboard video of the xbox one hopefully you will get it up on here soon. I have to say I was pretty amazed cant wait till 22nd (hopefully 21st shopto :-) ), obviously the hype is getting to a lot of people 8/10 of the top preorders are to do with xbox one.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Finished Disgaea D2 yesterday and I must say I preferred 4 over this one. Played a but more GTA online as well.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
All my spare gaming time has been spent on the wonderful pokemon x what an ace game it has me hooked that's for sure. Only things i will be picking up will be naruto storm 3: Full Burst whenever the ps3 version gets released here in the uk even know it should of been released last week :I & the guided fate paradox limited edition that's all for me this month. Then nothing for awhile apart from the odd few anime box sets.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
I played the Dark Souls 2 beta again yesterday, this time with my pants off as I was going to be focusing only on PVP. Needless to say I was disappointed as the invasions and summoning system was down for the whole duration of the network test. Still had a lot of fun though, it makes Dark Souls 1 feel outdated in comparison.
That reminds me, squeezed in a few hours of Pokemon too, clobbered another gym leader and got my electric badge ;)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I went to play the dark souls beta but did not realise it was only at set times. I am just up to the elite four in pokemon x now just need to do some training.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I cant wait to go to the pokemon league later today after i super trained my glaceon fully. But like i said pokemon x rules that's for sure very great improvement that's for sure. I hope they add some form of dlc for x & y later next year would be sweet.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
need to proplerly EV train everything asap, but that means building and training a team >_>
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Gonna pick up PS4 with Camera. Games gonna be AC4, Knack and Skylanders
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
also, on topic of question, as of launch day: Xbox one day one w/ forza Dead rising 3 Battlefield 4. and then im skint.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Also I have only got killzone for the PS4 as I am getting the mega bundle though for the xbox I have Dead rising, Ryse, Battlefield and Forza ordered from here. I have a gift card for GAME that i am going to use to get COD and AC4 as well. Might get AC4 for PS4 so I have another game on it.
b3media's avatar
b3media 3 years ago
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/meet-xbox-one Video showing off Kinect voice control on Xbox one.... and also how badass Titanfall looks!!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
finished batman last night great story but the game is full of frame rate slow down and glitches of enemys getting stuck in walls , been and traded it in today and ordered forza to go with my xbox 1
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Finished it already? wow, must be short.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
had it since thursday only did story missions got put off by the bugs and stuff plenty to do in the city but i left that part
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Would you say it's as good as Asylum?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
story is great plenty off twists , but it just feels a copy of Arkham city and the combat just feels slower than the other games not as fluid , the difficulty seems ramped up aswell even on normal the enemys are really tough , would say its worth playing for the story but not as good as the other games
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
im still at Batman: Arkham Origins
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've been playing abit of batman not really enjoying it, maybe thats because all i've wanted to play recently is fifa..
On Saturday I played a bit of Human Revolution (& got stick from Gloria for no using it much) then during the night I took part in watching Peeve's stream and playing Demon Souls. (4pm-2am) Got up about half 7 and stuck on Peeve's stream and the Network Test, but it turns out that Namco messed up the EU server and people in NA couldn't even log on.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
I played Arkham Origins at friend's house. I like it a lot :) I liked how the story is related to the New 52 Batman comics (especially with #24 from the Zero Year arc). On the other side I also started playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I like it so far. :)
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I finished of Arkham Origins yesterday. There's just too much frame rate drops, the story is the best out of all the Arkham games imo. The game also felt harder than City for some reason and was just the same as City. I will return it soon i will be getting a PS4 on the 29th with 5 games. I'm on holiday I might check out the Xbox One event, concerning Dark Souls 1 and 2 that game has nothing on Jak 2 in terms of difficulty i had a tougher time on Jak 2 than I did Dark Souls and Demon Souls.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I made a start on Infamous 2 at the weekend. For my PS4 console have the killzone bundle and will get Knack and then maybe FIFA then see if there are any bargains in the January sales. Nox you had any luck with Tales pre order yet?
Nope but I didn't even look yesterday, spend most of Sunday editing my Dark Souls 2 footage. After I upload part 2 as unlisted I'm going to ask Namco if I can make them public cos even though everyone else is uploading stuff it is better to be safe than sorry
Tbh I would have thought the Tales Pre-orders would have went live after the MCM Expo but that makes too much sense
2 hours to upload Part 2 which is 12min. I "love" my internet
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I have kept checking once or twice a day but still no link.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
on pre order now ps4 mega bundle with all the launch games and xbox 1 with forza , dead rising and ryse only a few weeks now till next gen kick off cannot wait
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
This weekend, I have been mostly learning, to fly! Nah, managed to get another gym badge and caught the Y legendary pokemon (stupidly easy). Otherwise, I realised Plants Vs Zombies 2 was available on Android so when the 3DS was charging I was on that. Otherwise it was a typical weekend. In that I slept too much and still feel tired, and come 1am Saturday morning I was still dancing away to dubstep, rock, 50s swing, and metal. Yeah, the club I frequent plays pretty much anything. I wonder if that's the reason I'm so tired come Monday? ;-)
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not even bothered about next gen, i think people are bigging it up to much and when it comes around itll just be like 'ohh is that it' GTA all over again.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
does any one know if u get points when you pre pay for orders or do you get them after its been dispatched , live support seems to have gone
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
You get the points after the item has been dispatched, Kratos 20. I prepaid for pokemon and didn't get the points until after it was sent. Also, bear in mind, you can't apply points to an item if you pre pay for it (hence why my PS4 hasn't been paid for yet)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
wait till we are on launch day JOE i think it will be hard to resist haha , lol
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
ok thanks cause i just pre paid cod ghosts and not got any points for it
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yeah, I'm thinking of swapping Battlefield for COD. Just because I hear COD may have split screen whereas I know Battlefield doesn't. I'm going to wait until it is released and I can physically check the back of a copy to be sure.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 3 years ago
I just got my email invite to the Xbox One event tomorrow. I thought I was supposed to get the email ladt Friday? I received no email last Friday so I asdumed I hadn't been invited.... decisions, decisions
JoeToots 3 years ago
Scott i have a pre order with game but i doubt i'll go get it not really to bothered, fifa plays just fine on my ps3.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
you may have a order but i seen on twitter u saying to brooker u wished u never cancelled and were to get one , anyway you wont have anything i dont already have ordered
JoeToots 3 years ago
Its just like you hyping over GTA for months and months and selling it after a week. plus whats 'anyway you wont have anything i dont already have ordered' suppose to mean do you think its a competition? the only games im intrested in are watch dogs and next gen fifa but well watch dogs isn't going to be out at release.
I have a feeling after the initial wow factor has worn off a lot of people are going to be a bit underwhelmed and/or disappointed with their next gen consoles.
JoeToots 3 years ago
point i was trying to make gloria.
It is like me with my Wii U :) Joking, I just can't tear myself away from Pirate Warriors 2, Pokemon Y & Souls
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 3 years ago
anyone know what games are playable at this Xbox One event? I'm close to going, but if it's just a EA f+++fest then I wont bother. I'm hoping Dead Rising 3 will be playable
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
JOE nothings a competition just trying to make a point when u used to message me on psn it was i am going to get ps4 battlefield and cod and all the stuff , then it was im cancelling and getting a next gen wii u , back to getting a ps4 with watch dogs just saying what i used to hear off u , thats why i took u off my profile and as to hyping im afraid every one in the world will be dissapointed then to be honest . lets just leave it at that.
Tootell is indecisive
JoeToots 3 years ago
im still getting a wii-u but this is coming from mr im getting a ps4 but not an xbox one because xbox's suck to ohh i'm not getting a ps4 oh im giving my ps4 pre order to my mate ohh im selling my ps3 back to oh i borrowed one of my mate because i cant live without it to ohh im getting a ps4 and xbox one hypocrite.
JoeToots 3 years ago
and you took me off i didn't even notice nor do i care :L
JoeToots 3 years ago
one more thing i've always had my game pre order i just forgot about it till they rang me up to remind me plus its abit strange you stalking me on twitter.
BOOYAH! You were schooled son
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
not once did i say xbox 1 was rubbish i said my bro was getting one , i used to have a 360 for years and only borrowed a ps3 to get me to launch day , just shows how childish you really are u twat F## OFF
Heating up in here
HAHA
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not rising to it Nox i use to think he was an alright guy but hes showing that he is just a dick. plain and simple getting mad over a games console.
XBOX ONE SUKS! PS4 SUKS! WII U SUKS! DREAMCAST 2 FTW! I'LL SMASH ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE
i reck u m8 haha DA wii-u iz da next gen consolez 4 da bozzes
Play nice boys ;)
Yes Gloria sorry Gloria.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
Dead Rising 3 is playable. and its damn awesome!
Videos are up, I would appreciate it if you gave them a look https://twitter.com/SaiyanNox/status/394888478145536000
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 3 years ago
Sweating over my PS4 (watch dogs bundle) pre order. Still havn't been told what my options are and it's been a week since being last updated.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!!! #WiiSucks #MicrosoftFTW #Yolo
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
... Not very good at DS2 are you, Nox? died on first fight in video :/
That wasn't the first fight, I just made the theme of the first video dying
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Yeahhh..
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Ugh I really can't decide whether to get an Xbox one or not :/
Watch the second
JoeToots 3 years ago
Watch out whitey indecision is frowned upon here