Microsoft shows off Xbox One dashboard and multitasking in new video

Microsoft has pushed out a video detailing the dashboard and multitasking capabilities of the Xbox One. Well they had until it was quickly removed. Fortunately, quick fingers on the internet managed to capture the video and upload a secondary copy.

The video outlines how the Kinect will react to the multitasking features on the dashboard and within games. We also see a Kinect user jumping between a movie and Titanfall, recording and sharing some footage before switching to the console's TV app.

Edited On 28 Oct, 2013

Comments
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 3 years ago
Multitasking's all fine and well, but what amount of gamers are actually going to use these features? Who keeps switching between games/movies/TV without finishing what they're doing in either one or the other first? As much as I'm looking forward to seeing how the Xbox One does once it's launched, I do think the majority of these features that Microsoft are wasting their time concentrating on are completely superfluous and unnecessary, and won't benefit that many people at all in the long run.
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 3 years ago
Some clever and complex software in the Xbox One, can't help but think if Microsoft focused thier efforts on games how good they could have made it...I'd rather give game devs and axtra Gig or two of RAM than have all this potenitally useful but probably gimmicky stuff.
b3ddo3's avatar
b3ddo3 3 years ago
Sorry have to disagree with you slightly, only really play online with mates and often while waiting for them to come online I play skyrim or watch tv (by using the remote to switch between HDMI 1 then 2). Then if we pick a game that doesn't have many people playing or we pick an obscure game mode that nobody plays I will switch to tv while I wait. This instant switching feature is a godsend to me. Can understand why other may not use it much but I would much prefer to be playing skyrim while I wait for Payday 2 lobby to start the game for example. All I need to see now is what happens to the game you switch out of, does it instant save. Looking forward to 22nd.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
b3ddo3, I've never heard that Xbone will be able to run 2 games at once (Skyrim and anything you put on hold). Besides, I'm not sure if game you switched off from for "watch TV" will be actually running in background...
Wasn't it one of the big features of the Xbox One that you could play a different game while waiting for a online lobby to fill? Granted you won't be able to do that anymore with Retail titles, what with the backtrack on DMR and all
FIFA or CoD?
Seeing as your here Glorai, did you get the code for Human Revolution working?
b3ddo3's avatar
b3ddo3 3 years ago
Hymeleon, yes that is possible (or they have said it is) in this video it was kinda shown as he was watching Pacific Rim then it let him know that his titanfall game was ready so he instant switched to that. It only works with digital bought titles though. That's why I will be buying all my titles digital next gen. So ShopTo will stop selling me games and start selling me money cards.