Titanfall will never release on a Playstation platform

EA has confirmed that Titanfall will never be released on any Playstation console or device. Ruling out any notion that the game could be a timed exclusive.

The news came out of EA's investors earning call last night where EA CFO Blake Jorgensen stated that Respawn Entertainment's anticipated shooter will be exclusive "for the life of the title" to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Microsoft's Major Nelson and Repspawn's Vince Zampella took to Twitter after the news came out to clarify some of the details.

EA has confirmed a Titanfall release date of March 11, 2014 in North America and March 13 in Europe. You can preorder your copy today at ShopTo.

Edited On 30 Oct, 2013

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
To be honest i'm not really to bothered i'll never recieve this on my ps4.
Couldn't care less personally, although I'm sure this will sway quite a few people.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Its early and I might being a bit thick but what does the Vince guy mean by "EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently"
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 3 years ago
Bindaiana - Basically means Titanfall 1 will never leave Microsoft platforms. Titanfall 2, on the other hand...completely free to release as they please.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Ahhh thanks Colin the rest means future releases got ya. What if a game of the year edition comes out does that still come under the exclusivity thing or is that a way round it?
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Good thing I'm not into FPShooters. Yeah, it could sway quite a few people towards PC version...
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
Hymeleon: Hardly anyone will care about this game anyway, I mean it doesn't even have a single player which will already cut off quite a bit of people including myself as not everyone wants to play online multiplayer only. It doesn't even have destructible environments like Battlefield 4 or Killzone: Shadow Fall. It looks more like Call Of Duty with Mechs, I'm not interested in FPS as much even if this was to come to other platforms..
It looks like a good version of Brink, with Gundums
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
When I first heard about this game I thought it was going to be COD with Mech Suits, how wrong was I when I played it at Eurogamer on the Xbox 360. It played like no other MP game I've played before, totally stunning but I do believe it will be what I call a marmite game, you'll either love it like I did or completely hate it lol...... As for this news, doesn't surprise me at all, I had a feeling Microsoft would pay a hefty sum to keep it on MS platforms and rumours are already abound that they will pay a lot more to make sure Titanfall 2, 3 ....... won't go anywhere else either.
I'm not that interested in it but I will be if they make it work with Oculus Rift
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
i, for one am glad theres no SP. i LOVE single player. but if a game is geared for online (Battlefield, COD ect.) then concentrate on that and don't tack on a crappy linear story (battlefield is a prime example. never used to have single player, now theres a tacked on 5 hour story.) if you are buying these games to play offline, you're making a mistake.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
For thing like this and Call of Duty have they not released stats saying that only about 5% actually complete the single player.
Exactly I was having a conversation with someone on Twitter who was saying Titanfall was a MMO, I was facepalming the whole time. Also said that MMO's don't have a story
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
seems like a bit of a tool.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Some people are morons though,
You heard it here first people: Tianfall and Battlefield are MMO's since they have 64 player matches
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nox technically it is because the first ever MMO could only support 50 simultaneous players online at any given time but they where still classed as an MMO.
Persistent World
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Neverwinter Nights
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i know that technology as progressed but if you strip it down to the roots i think you could consider both titanfall and battlefield a MMO at the core.
& Halo & COD & MAG & Killzone & Singularity & Gears & MGO & Resistance & Uncharted & The Last of Us & Red Dead & GTA & AC & ...... Well I think you get the point
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
tbh i dont really care what it is :L
It is just saying that it's a MMO in this day and age is an insult to MMO players
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
why is it? you are putting all MMO players into the same pool here
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
Well I've got to say that's a shame :-) it's not going to be on my ps4 i sm sure all those xbox fan boys are laughing, oh well ile have to put up with the Sony exclusives- God of war, killzone, uncharted 4, dark sorcerer, order 1888, last of us 2, drive club, i could go on but i can already feel the negativity from the xbox fans..never mind. .
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
^fanboy
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
Not really just a realist and a Soon to be ps4 owner. .
What?
Don't forget Everybody has Gone to Rapture
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
So you are fanboying over the ps4 by trying to put the xbone down, we don't promote that around here.
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
I wasn't putting the xbox down just putting across my opinion of the whole exclusivity issue. I've been lucky enough to play the xbox one and enjoyed it but as a whole it's not the console for me, and as for being a fan boy! If prefer one console to another is classed as being a fan boy-then that's me. . And also wasn't aware you were in charge on this forum. ....have a good evening all gamers
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
People like you though are why a hell of alot of members left so we don't want the rest of the fiathfuls leaving now do we.
Tbh I wouldn't mind
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
Its not because of me gamers have moved over to playstation, Microsoft did that themselves when they treater gamers like cash cow's and trying to rule the roost. The X bone will have it's advantages over the ps4 but if I am honest and you are too, the damage is already done.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Who is talking about gamers changing consoles? not me :L btw i'm also ps4 but you won't see me fanboying.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nox care to explain to him what i mean?
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
My mistake i thought you was referring to that. My comments aren't meant to be fanboying ile leave you two alone 3's a crowd
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
What's Titanfall?
I think a lot of Gamers have/are moving over to the PC platform
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Gutted. Looks a class game. Can always get it on 360 if I feel the urge mind.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
buy whichever platform YOU prefer, buy whichever games YOU want. as long as YOU enjoy it, it does not matter what anyone else says.
Spoiled sport. I want to know that I'm having a great time with the platform of my choice and the people with a platform I don't have are having a miserable time
Ash 3 years ago
Should've posted the tweet of the guy saying only the first game is to be exclusive and any future Titanfall games will be multiplatform.
Well that part is true. Still don't trust the word of Microsoft and EA about the exclusivity of the 1st one
James 3 years ago
I would be more annoyed about this, but the recent news that COD Ghosts and BF4 are running native 1080p 60fps on the PS4. While it seems the Xbox One is running native 720p 60fps (possible upscaling to 1080p) puts everything back into context. Still Titanfall seems like an itneresting game, as does Ryse. But again, Ryse running 900p. So you have to wonder about the power of the Xbox One.
LEE 3 years ago
@james your wrong regarding bf4 on ps4 its native 900 not 1080 but ghost is indeed 1080 on ps4
MutinyDB's avatar
MutinyDB 3 years ago
Not too bothered about titanfall, would buy it if it came to PS4, but not a reason to switch over to xbox one. I think the only game im really gutted is not on PS4 is Dead Rising 3 as ive been a big fan of all the past games.