Friday Chat - Nov 1st

It's November 1, which means less than a couple of months until Xmas and 3-4 weeks until you finally get your new console of choice. So are you excited?

Also, it's the weekend. So what are you up to this weekend? What games are grabbing your attention? Assassin's Creed? Battlefield 4? Sometime else?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 01 Nov, 2013

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Excitement is ebbing for the new gen, but only because it's seeming to drag the closer to the release date we get ;-) Otherwise I have a jam packed weekend. Out tonight for a Hallowe'en party (going as Michael Myers), Saturday will be spent in Lancaster for a friend's birthday which will include a firework display, and then Sunday I have a date. So sad to say, little gaming will be involved.
November means new Zelda and new Mario, screw the other consoles. this weekend I will hopefully finish off Deus Ex so I can get back to Wind Waker.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Just found out Nintendo is removing Spotpass from Swapnote. This makes me deeply sad. I really hope there is a big backlash and they change their minds, Swapnote was the funnest thing on the 3DS.
Never tried swapnote, only heard about it the other day and still don't know what it is.
I take that back, it's the Nintendo Letterbox, yep I use that now and again, shame they are effectively scrapping it.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Yeah, sorry, I have always called it Swapnote as most of my friends are American. I hope it means 3DS Miiverse is coming sooner than expected.
Fingers crossed, been waiting for that all year.
They are removing it cos people were using it to send pics of their junk
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Bit of news South Park has been delayed to March now :( starting to worry about it now seeing as it was supposed to be nearly ready when Ubisoft bought it.
I really don't care now anyway
Probably takes a while to cut out half the game for DLC and make the remainder coherent enough to sell on its own.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR3kK6So4DY new gameplay trailer does look very good
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I have 4 games on rent from Blockbuster plus one from Boomerang atm and plan on playing through them to send them back. I just noticed that Blockbuster (remaining retails stores at least, are closing down), The online rental service seems to be going still but the turnaround is getting worse by the day. I do not like Boomerang either, so will probably cancel them and have no rental services to choose from. My rentals built up as have been busy playing the latest games that qualify for the Grab a Game offer on Xbox Rewards which ended yesterday, which as left a bad taste in my mouth, as trying to play 10 hours of Batman / WRC 4 / Assassins Creed 4 / TMNT within 6 days or less has not been easy. They give you 30 days to play the games but then these last few games do not get that. I am now getting a bad feeling about next gen, and may not even get Xbox ONE -wait for all the feedback and see what Sony and MS are doing in a years time, and focus on current gen plus Wii U. If I do not get Xbox ONE, then I may get the Zelda 3DS XL instead plus all the Nintendo games I have postponed getting to put money aside for the Xbox ONE (and PS4 before Watch Dogs and Drive Club got delayed).
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I will be smashing out batman
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
Ile be finishing up batman arkham origins and then start the long road to battlefield online glory, will be leave single player for ps4. Also looking forward to receiving ghosts on ps4 next week even though it's just under a month before I can play it, still looking at it will reminder me everyday that my 3rd wife is almost under my tv, thanks shopto Happy weekend everyone.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
We've got news coming soon. I'm on holiday but Colin is just heading back from The Gadget Show :D
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Everyone who has commented on here is getting a free next gen console of their choice? :O
Yes but you you can't enter anymore
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Did not win a Dark Souls t-shirt and my Wii Fit U just called me a fat-ass. What a sad day.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Anybody else pre-ordered COD on PS4? If so, have they had it processed today like I just have?
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 3 years ago
Yeah mines been processed to, something to look at for 3 weeks?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Shoolze that doesn't sound good.
Haha, I won a Dark Souls T-shirt . Been a great week for me, I won a K-on! Card Holder yesterday and this Today :) Bow before me Peons!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I won the Football Manager competition which ShopTo ran. Well, I think they did, they may have actually hosted it on behalf of Sega as they got in touch with me. They're sending me a Man City shirt, which is nice.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 3 years ago
Well done Nox. I won a Skyrim hat on a Twitter competition once and I don't even like Skyrim.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Spoke to a ShopTo rep on Twitter and apparently it is correct that the COD PS4 game is being processed. It was an Activision decision to have the game released 3 weeks before the console...
They want to break the Day 1 sales record of GTA V, that is why Shopto is stocking it
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Ai, the rep did mention it could be for "chart" reasons.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I decided to go for COD on the 360 amazon are doing a dual license digital copy for £60 so I went for that as I have a couple of friends I play it with that are not upgrading to the xbox one straight away so it will be good to play with them on that. For this weekend I will be playing some more Batman and GTA online probably have some pokemon in there as well. The only online competition I won was one years ago on HMV when Gears of War just came it and it was a little Marcus Fenix statue.
Spec Ops Comp from Shopto, 1 Comment to Win from Shopto, 3 Review Comps from Shopto, 1 Comp from Manga Uk & Dark Souls Comp from Namco
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You see the price for Castlevania collectors edition from game is £100. I preordered as I know it is limited but i am not to sure about it with the likes of Titanfall and Dark souls 2 in march.
Just ordered it, not to sure about keeping the order
Competition prizes? Had so many it's hard to keep track, a couple of comment to win and review competitions from shopto, free copy of Rayman Legends, and an N-Gage are the main gaming ones, others include a couple of BBQs, a hamper of Spam and Spam branded merchandise, several large boxes of Kettle Chips, a night out at a haunted house last Halloween and a Cabin in the Woods goody bag, 6 packs of Rice Krispies Squares, a few books and a glass with a light in it, a graphic novel and T-shirt with the cover printed on it, and a pair of Spock ears. There's probably more, those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
I hate you