Next Gen FIFA is best ever says EA

Electronic Arts believes that FIFA 2014 on Xbox One and PS4 is the best football game it has ever made.

Speaking in an interview with MCV, producer Nick Channon told the magazine, "This is the best FIFA we have ever made. We wanted to make a next-gen game that is fully featured, which has not always been the case, and that has significant innovation in gameplay and presentation. The feeling when you play the game is entirely new. We've been very fortunate in our success with FIFA and we are translating that to a new platform."

Channon also went on to talk about how it has managed to make the game better and what thought process went into this.

"The philosophy for us over the last five or six years has been how do we make significant innovation each year in gameplay?

"How do we make the game more authentic and more fun at the same time? We need to get the balance right between authenticity and fun – we are making a video game at the end of the day. What we have right now with FIFA 14 is a great base, a fantastic game and moving forward it is a huge opportunity.

"When you are working with new technology you learn more about it as you go – you have more power, more memory and these are the things you can play with. It’s about maintaining that philosophy of deep innovation in gameplay. For me the opportunities are huge. It’s really exciting."

Are you excited for Next Generation FIFA?

Edited On 02 Nov, 2013

Comments
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
The kind of comment you'd expect really. They're not going to say that FIFA 98: Road to World Cup is still the best FIFA game they've made! That said, I was rather impressed by the Demo of it at the Xbox One Tour. Not a massive difference to current gen, gameplay wise. But it felt a lot more fluid thanks to all those new animations that they've added. Also, the little things just looked a little nicer, noticeably, the grass and the crowd! People have seemed obsessed about resolutions over this last week. I'm not sure what the official resolution the Demo was running at on the X1 but it looked decent!
Ever so eloquent, eh Anthony?
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
Affair indeed.
What do you mean Anthony? I thought we all agreed that it's David
I'm letting the poor slob have his delusion.
Dav ...... I mean Anthony, Berian didn't say Fifa 98 was the best Fifa game, he (she?) was mainly pointing out that of course they are going to say that it is the best thing ever, nobody would come out and say "Our new game is good but it isn't as good as our previous game". Remember what Bioware said about the new Dragon Age a while back
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
Anthony is obviously a very confused person, I don't think he read, or understood the praise I gave FIFA 14 on Xbox One, and no, I didn't just "see it played", I've played it. Thanks Nox, at least my comment wasn't totally lost! BTW, I'm a He, don't worry I didn't choose my name, my parents did! Blame them! :)
Anthony had his brain replaced with a turnip.
You never know. Merle turned out to be a guy so yeah
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Facepalm
1st. Gorilla>Gloria. 2nd. WTF? Do you even English Dav ......... I mean Anthony?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
That sentence doesnt make any sense but may change my name to Blind Anna
I think I understand it now. " Berian you have not played FIFA 14 on Xbox one have you ? And we're did you play it mate and I will you were I played it mate" it is meant to be. Berian, you have not played FIFA 14 on Xbox one have you? Tell me where you played it and I will tell you where I played it.
See me after class Anthony
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Having played next gen versions of FIFA 14 at Eurogamer, I can officially say they are about the same as the current gen versions, likewise with almost any cross generation games outside of Battlefield 4 which sees improvements in the number of players on multiplayer games.
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
Thanks for the translation, Nox. I played FIFA 14 at the Xbox One Tour in Shoreditch, London on Tuesday 29th October at approximately 13:00. It was overcast with a quite a chilly breeze. I was wearing jeans, a black tshirt and a blue hoody along with a wooly hat . All Thanks to an invite from ShopTo. The first game I played was Man City vs. AC Milan, quite a tight contest with Man City scoring from a corner on the stroke of half time, this was the only goal in a game of very little chances. The closest I come to scoring was when Balotelli cracked one against the post. The other game I played, against another guy was a little more open. PSG vs. AC Milan. I was doing well up until midway through the first half, when my player took a heavy touch on the edge of my box, giving the ball away to Zlatan who calmly slotted the ball home. That lead lasted until the 88th Minute when I whipped a low ball into the box, for a PSG defender to come sliding in like a mad man and end up putting the ball in his own net. Immediately from the kick off I dispossessed him and thanks to a few turns from Ballotelli, I found myself on the edge of box on my own, had a pop with a finesse shot and the ball sailed pass the keeper making the score 2-1 and my opponent frustruted that he still hadn't won a game! I hope that was enough information for you. To be totally frank Anthony, I could give a monkey's nuts where you have, or haven't played it. As Johno says, it's about the same as FIFA 14 on current gen. Just looks a little nicer. But as far as I'm concerned, that's just fine by me!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Dont believe you Berian not enough detail in your story all a bit vague haha. No FIFA game will beat FIFA 95 on the Megadrive spent hours on that as a kid.
Thank for confirming the brain/turnip transplant Anthony.
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
@BlindAnna Hahaha! You're a slightly more seasoned FIFA gamer than me, FIFA 97 was the first one I played on the old PC. At the time I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, and I like bread. A lot.