Killzone Shadow Fall confirmed as 60FPS with 1080p resolution

Sony's flagship PS4 launch title Killzone: Shadow Fall will run at 60 frames per second, with a resolution of 1080p.

The news was confirmed via the latest PlayStation Blog podcast by SCEA social media manager Sid Shuman, after much talk of the resolutions of both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts on both PS4 and Xbox One.

"Killzone Shadow Fall's campaign is a visual stunner on PS4, rendering a smorgasbord of reflections, dynamic lighting, and billowing smoke at a razor-sharp 1080p native resolution (1920 x 1080)," said Shuman.

"Then there's the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game's campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps."

It was previously confirmed that Battlefield 4 will run at 900p and 60fps on PS4 while Call of Duty will run at 1080p/60fps. On Xbox One both games will run natively at 720p with 1080p upscaling.

Killzone Shadow Fall is a launch title for PS4. It sounds like it's probably going to be the most visually impressive out of the three FPS titles on the latest consoles.

Edited On 03 Nov, 2013

Comments
Dragon Punch's avatar
Dragon Punch 3 years ago
Damn, 1080p is getting to be the standard on the PS4. Day one purchase indeed.
ocelot_johno's avatar
ocelot_johno 3 years ago
Great news!!! November 29th and my mega bundle from shopto can't come quick enough.
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
No one could care less about resolutions until last week! So fair play to Sony for brilliant PR work again, that's where Microsoft have sucked so hard ever since they first whispered the word Xbox One. I don't read much into Xbox One's so called "lack of power" at launch. But I'll be extremely disappointed if despite Watch_Dogs delay the PS4 out performs the Xbox One. But hey, when have Microsoft ever disappointed anyone before?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Means sweet f all to me that.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I'm undecided about this one when I pick up the PS4. Going on past Killzone games I'm not really interested in the MP but have enjoyed the campaigns. I just hope it's not another Battlefield 4 where people have reported finishing the campaign in 4-5 hours. It needs to have more than pretty visuals to make me part with my cash. It's one where I will definitely seem what the gamers say after release before making a decision.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Never played a killzone
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ Joe .. I've enjoyed the campaigns on all of them, in my opinion they are better than anything COD or Battlefield has to offer, well I've enjoyed them more but I could never get into the MP, it just wasn't for me. As my son said to me yesterday, "If it plays as good as it looks then it will be stunning" we shall see but I look forward to when the PS4 launches in North America in just under 2 weeks and the feedback starts to come in.
Just saying something so don't bite my head off. If you all don't care about resolutions then why did you upgrade to HD Ready-Full HD sets?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
But resolution does not make a good game they could make a bigger and better game and still have it with 720 as long as its good then it does not matter. It just amuses me that since all this back and forth between the two consoles at first everyone was technical experts on how it would all run and now they are all experts on resolution.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nox for the bants.
Why does the minimum need to be 720p? They should change it back to 240p since no one cares
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
No in all seriousness i only got a monitor because i though it might increase my FPS game turns out i was correct, but i can tell the difference between my monitor and the old TV i use to use.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I had a friend who had bought an HDTV and was going on about how good it looked but had not even set up his xbox with and HDMI was still using scart.
I'm guessing he is one who thinks bigger is better (Waka Waka)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Bigger is always better, I'm sure gloria will be along shortly to confirm this.
Sorry Tootell, bigger is certainly not better, there is such a thing as too big.
Last time I was in my Sisters house her Boyfriend was playing GTA V onone of those giant ass SD sets even though there was a HD Ready 20 inch and a Full HD 24 inch sitting in the other room. Almost knocked myself out with the Facepam when my Sis told me it's cos he wants to play on a big screen
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've never had that problem.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
sure this will look great on my new plasma and sound cranked up! bring it on