Games of A Generation - Make your choice for our final vote

*Update* - There are just a few more days to vote for your Games of the Generation.

We are seeing many stories pop up with Journalists Games of a Generation and so far I've yet to find one I agree with (after all, what do journalists know ;) ).

This is something we already discussed in Episode 2 of our Podcast and as we found out, picking your top five games of a generation is not easy, but that's what we are now asking you to do and then when the dust is settled we'll compile a list of the winners. Whether it's a top ten or a top 50 will depend on the amount of comments we get, but before you answer have a long hard think.

Just so you are sure, the best Games of a generation covered by this topic should be for the following platforms:

- Wii
- PS3
- Xbox 360

So pick your top five all time greats which were released on these platforms and post your comments below.

Here's mine:

1. The Last of Us (PS3)
2. Uncharted (Series) (PS3)
3. Portal 2 (PS3/Xbox 360)
4. Darksiders (PS3/Xbox 360)
5. Elder Scrolls (Skyrim/Oblivion) (PS3/Xbox 360)
6. Arggh, I'm not allowed to choose any more? :(

You get the picture.

We'll post the final results next Monday.

P.s Please post in order of your favourite. (i.e no.1 = your favourite game of the generation).

Edited On 08 Nov, 2013

Comments
112
1. Mass Effect 2 2. Oblivion 3. Uncharted 2 4. Gears of War 3 5. Borderlands 2
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
1. Dark Souls 2. Dragon's Dogma 3. Tales of Vesperia 4. Lost Odyssey 5. Journey
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
1) gears of war series 2) the last of us 3) assassins creed 2 4)tomb raider 5) fallout 3
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Wait. Journey doesn't count cos it is too short
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Bioshock (360) Minecraft (360) Spec Ops: The Line (360) Grand Theft Auto V (360) Batman: Arkham City (360)
TheRealJustSean 5 months ago
1. Shadowrun (360 FPS) - I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that'll be choosing this! 2. Red Dead Redemption 3. Journey 4. Bioshock Infinite 5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
Kieran 5 months ago
but if i had to put them in indiviually instead of a series it would be; 1)gears of war (nothing beats the glitch filled multiplayer where you could abuse to your advantage like crab walking etc) 2) gears of war 3 3)gears of war 2 4) gears of war judgement 5) the last of us.
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Sorry, I burst out laughing when I read Shadowrun
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
This is too hard! I changed my mind about 7 times. 1. Left 4 Dead's 2. Gears of War 1 3. Dark Souls 4. Metal Gear Solid 4 5. Uncharted's
kilz0r 5 months ago
Everyone is doing a "Best games" list so we should do a worst games list
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
1. Dark Souls 2. Gears of War 2 3. Halo Reach 4. Assassin's Creed Revelations 5. Darksiders II Honorable mentions: DmC, Assassin's Creed III (there are no happy endings), Halo 4, Batman Arkham games (all of them)
ZdravkoN 5 months ago
1. The Last Of Us 2. Mass Effect 2 3. Uncharted 2 4. Mario Galaxy 2 5. Red Dead Redemption Just picking 5 is so hard, there have been so many amazing games this generation!
Ben 5 months ago
Hey Kieran, ignore the philistines. Shadowrun was one of the best and most balanced FPS' this gen. It was superb game and I was genuinely sad that 'gamers' and Microsoft didn't appreciate it. I had a lot of fun on that game. =)
kilz0r 5 months ago
At the end of the day, I fear another popularity contest. May as well buck the trend: 1) Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) 2) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) [Sequel was superior but being the original counts] 3) Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) 4) Vanquish (PS3 / XBOX360) 5) Journey (PS3) Still feel previous generation was better, whilst would love to have included some portable games.
Typhoon-FX 5 months ago
Singularity was a better FPS
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Xenoblade Chronicles 4. Xenoblade Chronicles 5. Xenoblade Chronicles
STEWART 5 months ago
1.GTA V 2.Red Dead Redemption 3.Half Life 2 4.Skyrim 5.Elder Scrolls Oblivion
MetalRikki 5 months ago
@Typhoon_FX - Vanquish was awesome :) @Nox - Singularity was a little bit underrated. It was a good game.
ZdravkoN 5 months ago
1. Mass effect 2 2.bioshock 3. Uncharted 2 4. Gta v 5. The last of us
ANDREW 5 months ago
Some really good games here & some 'Meh' games but to each their own
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I never got a PS3 or Xbox360, so my votes will have to go purely on Wii games that I played: 1) Super Mario Galaxy. 2) Monster Hunter Tri 3) Xenoblade Chronicles. 4) Mario Kart Wii. 5) The Last Story.
Havak 5 months ago
Damn so hard to choose just 5 but here goes.. 1. NIER 2. Okami 3. Valkyria Chronicles 4. Uncharted 2 5. Journey
Baiken_ 5 months ago
1. The Legend of Spyro - Dawn of the Dragons 2. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 3. Skylanders: Swap Force 4. Sonic Colour 5. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix These are in no particular order, but they are my top 5 games of current generation.
kitkatkita 5 months ago
1, Uncharted 2. 2, Ni No Kuni. 3, Tell Tales The Walking Dead. 4, Gears of War 3. 5, Vanquish.
Bindiana 5 months ago
1. Dark Souls 2 (2. Lords of Shadow 2 (3. Lightning Returns (4. DBZ Battle of Z (5. Mugen Souls Z
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Would have to be, 1, lost odyssey 2, last of us 3, uncharted 4, Gear of war 5, battlefield
PixelPerfect 5 months ago
1) Borderlands series 2) Fallout series 3) mass effect series 4) lost odyssey 4) tales of .... series
OLIVER 5 months ago
Although in the event that 5 instances of Xenoblade Chronicles is not valid i'll go with this: 1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Tales of Vesperia 3. Street Fighter 4(Entire series) 4. Valkyria Chronicles 5. Lost Odyssey
STEWART 5 months ago
Who's the guy that keeps judging everyone's choices , nothing worse than a gaming snob
ANDREW 5 months ago
1) Mario Galaxy 2) Mass Effect 2 3) Borderlands 4) Saints Row 3 5) House of the Dead Overkill
Gloria 5 months ago
andrew meet nox.
Joe Toots 5 months ago
1. The Last of Us 2. RED DEAD 3. Uncharted (Series) 4. FALLOUT 3 5. Mirrors Edge (It was something new at the time)
Nicola 5 months ago
Hi! What do you mean keeps? I only done it once
1) Xenoblade Chronicles, 2) Ridge Racer 6, 3) Child of Eden, 4) Braid, 5) Limbo
squarewindow 5 months ago
In fear of being flamed, my favourite titles this gen have been... 1. Final Fantasy XIII, 2. Tales of Xillia, 3. Zelda Skyward Sword, 4. Mass Effect series, 5. Assassins Creed series. Vesperia and FFXIV could really be stuck in with my Tales and FF positions as they're both superb games too.
Aimee 5 months ago
Why would you be flamed?
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Because I like Final Fantasy XIII and thought it was a superb game ^__^ Tends to draw a lot of hate ;)
Aimee 5 months ago
I also like FF13 but my favourite is the just as much hated FF12
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Awesome! I didn't play much of XII :/ The characters/new gameplay elements turned me off after 10 hours or so but that was a long time ago and really want to go back and play through it properly as I feel like I've missed out on a great game. I hope Square do a HD remake of it. I would have preferred that to X/X-2 tbh. Played those two to death. I'd kill for an HD English Zodiac Job system!
Aimee 5 months ago
The only thing (or person) I hated for the majority of FF13 was Lightning, she was a major bitch for most of the game
1. Mass Effect series 2. Last of Us 3. GTA V 4. Dragon Age series 5. L.A. Noire
Comet 5 months ago
1) The Last of Us 2) Infamous 2 3) Oblivion 4) Uncharted 2 5) Skyrim
Spear 25 5 months ago
I know its each to there own an all but "TheRealJustSean - Spec Ops the line? "I mean come on man that game was awful lol anyway,top 5 Gears of war Borderlands Fallout 3 n Vegas Bioshock GTA V
welshgangsta 5 months ago
Spec Ops was a great game
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Nar it was horrible imo.
welshgangsta 5 months ago
A lot of people would disagree with you. Sure the shooting wasn't all that good and it had a few difficulty spikes, as well as tacked on Multi-player but the Story and the Experience you had while playing it more than made up for it
haters gunna hate!
Joe Toots 5 months ago
I agree it had a good storyline but the gameplay was awful and games like that have been done so many times before and done better and the campaign was like 6 hrs long.I was a huge fan of the spec ops games on the playstation and I was really looking forward to the line but for me it was a big disappointment but its his an your opinion that you liked the game wich is fine.
welshgangsta 5 months ago
Im not a hater im a realist ;p
welshgangsta 5 months ago
1. mass Effect. 2. GTA 5. 3. lost oddessy 4. far cry 3 5. the original 3 gears of war.
DANIEL 5 months ago
1) Gears of War series. 2) Saints Row. 3) Mass Effect. 4) Dead Rising. 5) DJ Hero 2.. Man, 5 is not enough really.
Whitey 5 months ago
DJ Hero? I just lost what little respect I had for you mate
DJH2!
Whitey 5 months ago
1, Demon's Souls 2, Uncharted series 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 4, Dark souls 5, gears of war 1
ocelot_johno 5 months ago
1. Half-Life 2 2. Fallout 3 3. The Last of Us 4. Bioshock 5. Mass Effect 3 6. Gears Of War
MutinyDB 5 months ago
I have yet to play Oblivion Skyrim, so there may be a game that would be better in my list but for those that I have played are: 1. Phantasy Star Universe (the game that made me get the Xbox 360 to play with friends, I wanted the PC version personally). 2. Red Dead Redemption (and all Rockstar adventure games but RDR was the best, I think it was the first single player game to first come close to be a MMO with harvesting and hunting animals, the games like Far Cry 3 and ACIV now do it too). 3. Mass Effect series 4. Assassins Creed 1 (mainly the first one before it got milked) 5. Dead Space ----------------------- The bad games I actually really really liked were: 1) Crash Time series 2) Star Trek 3) Walking Dead Survival Instinct 4) can't think of anything else
superniceguy 5 months ago
1) mass effect 2 2) fallout 3 3) valkyria Chronicles 4) littlebigplanet 5) far cry 3
NICOLA 5 months ago
1) Mass Effect 2) Batman: Arkham Asylum 3) Portal 2 4) Left4Dead 5) XCOM: Enemy Unknown
shiny miller 5 months ago
Since 2008 I've been a PC gamer so obviously a lot of your choices come across as insane (ie Gears of War / Uncharted! Could you ask for more generic games? Mass Effect 1, a game with PS2 level graphics, unlikable characters and cliched dialogue / story) 1. Fallout: New Vegas 2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution 3. Bioshock Infinite 4. Skyrim 5. Borderlands 2
Fish-E 5 months ago
1. Grand Theft Auto V; 2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; 3.Lost Odyssey; 4. Tales Of Vesperia; 5. Nier - This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many games which come close, such as The Last Of Us, Mineceaft, Resident Evil 5, Oblivion, Borderlands 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls, to name a few which I hold in very high regard.
robioto 5 months ago
1 - Dark/Demon's Souls. It's too hard to choose. 2 - Xenoblade Chronicles. 3 - Valkyria Chronicles. 4 - Elite Beat Agents. 5 - Ghost Trick
Shoozle 5 months ago
Also, I compiled a list of what people put so I have a topic to talk to my friend in hospital about tomorrow. Most popular franchise is Mass Effect. Second is Uncharted. Tied next is The Last of Us and Gears of War. 5th is GTA. Tied 6th is The Elder Scrolls, Lost Odyssey, Fallout and the best games of this generation, the Souls games.
Shoozle 5 months ago
1 Mario Galaxy 2 2 Mario Galaxy 3 Mario Kart 4 NSMB Wii 5 Call of Duty MW
Carl_1 5 months ago
Why are people listing Kingdom Hearts and Okami? Those were PS2 games (but still better than a good deal of this gen so yeah.) 1. Mario Galaxy 2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3. NIER 4. Skyward Sword 5. Ni No Kuni Honourable mentions to stuff like Wii Sports (for getting whole new people into playing games on the whole.) Dark/Demon Souls for bringing some actual difficulty to some gamers.
Robichoico 5 months ago
I just read your comment Carl and thought WTF how did I miss Mario Galaxy 3 ha ha???? Thats real tough to pick 5 ere we go In no order Mario Galaxy ( Just incredible sublime, simple genius) Zelda (The first one on the Wii just unbeleivable) Uncharted 2 Bioshock Red Dead Redemption
inspector 74 5 months ago
Despite having four titles in Amazon's Top 5 best-selling games, I'm quite surprised that Call of Duty have only been mentioned what I can see once!
berian 5 months ago
1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots 2. Demon's Souls 3. Fallout: New Vegas 4. Red Dead Redemption 5. Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
blacktric 5 months ago
Call of Duty sucks giant donkey balls, that's why berian. ;)
Gloria 5 months ago
Cos COD isn't a gamers game
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Oh I know, but why do so many people buy it?
berian 5 months ago
People are stupid.
Gloria 5 months ago
Cos it is "The thing to have"
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
People complain about it because its the cool thing to do and people just usually go with the crowd. You also have the that it comes out yearly (technically every 2 years as its 2 different developers) and people also claim that its the same game over and over and nothing changes even though they are just going with the if its not broke don't change it thats why people have been running along in one direction jumping on things heads and over gaps in platforms for years. I assume people buy it though because they enjoy it.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Only hipsters hate CoD
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Only hipsters hate CoD
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Never said I don't like COD, I just don't like the people that play COD
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Only hipsters don't like the people that play COD
Joe Toots 5 months ago
No matter what I say you will call me a Hipster. I don't like Crackdown, I like Duke Nukem Forever, Gears of War is take or leave, I'm not a Mario Kart Fan, I like the 3D Sonic games more than the 2D Sonic games
Classic hipster.
Whitey 5 months ago
If you say so mate. Your opinion is Invalid since you like DJ Hero
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Only real hipsters call people classic hipsters
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Stop arguing. Keep the choices coming :D
Joe Anderson (Editor) 5 months ago
We aren't arguing
Says you..
Whitey 5 months ago
1. uncharted 2 2. the last of us 3. journey 4. infamous 2 5. god of war 3
charan 5 months ago
1. Mass Effect (series), 2. Dragon Age (series), 3. Assassins Creed (series), 4. Red Dead Redemption, 5. Sleeping Dogs... late comers may of been GTA 5 & Far Cry 3!
Superay182 5 months ago
1. Fallout 3, 2. Batman: Arkham Asylum, 3. Mass effect 2, 4. GTA V, 5. Forza (series)
jason 5 months ago
It's hard to say a definitive fav 5, as it's all subjective, but I'll give it a twirl. 1) ratchet and Clank Crack in time 2) Mass Effect 2 3) Gears of war 2 4) Borderlands 2 5) X-Men origins wolverine
iMerle iDixon 5 months ago
1. Red Dead Redemption 2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 3. Bayonetta 4. Dark Souls 5. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Cocodor 5 months ago
1. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time - 2. Mass Effect 2 - 3. Assassin's Creed II - 4. The Last of Us - 5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
DynamiteWhyte 5 months ago
1. Mass Effect 2 2. The Last of US 3. Portal 2 4. Assassins Creed 2 5. Fallout 3
safeseller 5 months ago
1. Mario Galaxy. 2. Elder Scrolls (Oblivion/Skyrim) 3. Zelda Skyward Sword. 4. Red Dead Redemption 5. Portal 2.
OWEN 5 months ago
1)Demons Souls 2)Uncharted 2 3)Bioshock 4)Dark Souls 5)Last of Us
Tom7586 5 months ago
1. Red Dead Redemption 2. Metro Last Light 3. Mass Effect 2 4. Skyrim 5. L.A Noire
Joshua 5 months ago
1. The Last of Us 2. GTA V 3. Bayonetta 4. Oblivion 5. Left 4 Dead I must admit, this was a very difficult life to compile and no doubt were I to go back through all the games I've played I'd change. But with a little though, this are the 5 I loved the most this gen
Kaysar 5 months ago
1. GTA V 2. Portal 3. Super Mario Galaxy 4. Braid 5. Geometry Wars
zomoniac 5 months ago
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The Last of Us 3. Journey 4. Tales of Graces f 5. Bioshock 1
Penelope 5 months ago
A more casual gamer's list here but... 1) Gears of War 2) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (I know, but I thought the first MW was brilliant and actually different to previous efforts) 3) Codemasters' F1 series (came after years of crap F1 games) 4) GTA V 5) Telltale Games' The Walking Dead. I would also give an honorary mention to Wii Sports, as although it's definitely nowhere near the best, it helped to define a generation of motion controlled games and in many ways bring gaming to the mainstream.
Dan_1 5 months ago
1. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (360) 2.Red Dead Redemption(360) 3. Batman: Arkham City(360) 4. Assassins Creed 2(360) 5. GTA V(360)
Henry 5 months ago
You don't need to post the console you played it on
Yes you do.
Whitey 5 months ago
All on PS3: (1.) The Last of Us; (2.) God of War 3; (3.) Dead Space 2; (4.) Grand Theft Auto 5; (5.) Tomb Raider. However I am gonna put a spin on this topic and post my five favourite games of all time: (1.) Resident Evil 2 PS1; (2.) Sonic 3 MD; (3.) The Last of Us PS3; (4.) Toejam & Earl MD; (5.) Timesplitters PS2
Beazi 5 months ago
Worst games this gen then: (1.) Mindjack; (2.) Rogue Warrior; (3.) Eat Lead; (4.) Operation Flashpoint: Red River; (5.) Resident Evil 6... Ok that last one was a bit harsh as I turned it off too early but I thought it was a steaming bag of doo doo even compared to the fifth one which wasn't groundbreaking. Bring me a Resi 2 remake in the Resi 1 remake style and you have a sale Crapcom
Beazi 5 months ago
And games which were meant to be rubbish but I loved (1.) Deadly Premonition; (2.) Duke Nukem Forever (loading times were bad though); (3.) Doom 3 BFG; (4.).Silent Hill Homecoming; (5.) Saints Row 2
Beazi 5 months ago
Hey Deadly Premonition wasn't meant to be bad
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
No Aliens Colonial Marines for worst game? I don't think I played many bad games. Just games I didn't enjoy and felt were hugely overrated.
Robichoico 5 months ago
1.THE LAST OF US 2.MARIO GALAXY 2 3.UNCHARTED 2 4.DARK SOULS 5.BIOSHOCK Plus many others.sony exclusives and been a plus this gen....hope they continue on PS4
Mangaman1 5 months ago
1 The Last Of Us. 2 Uncharted Series 3 Lost Odyssey 4 Ni No Kuni 5 Xenoblade Cronicles Naughty Dog and JRPGs clearly a favourite..
chrisno21 5 months ago
I rented Aliens Robochico. Although I never persisted with it, it seemed OK it was playable even if everything else about it was a mess. I'm guessing you never played Mindjack? My Play.com review (thank god I got it for £3) said it all. Great idea, executed terribly. It was unplayable. I doubt anyone has bothered to complete it. Eat Lead was a bit of a joke as well. If you imagine pop ups during an on rails shooter and doing that 100 times with no fear of attack you will get my jist
Beazi 5 months ago
1. The Last of Us 2. Oblivion/Skyrim 3. Gears of War series 4. Uncharted series 5. Bioshock
Richard 5 months ago
Very happy to see many less popular and non-mainstream titles constantly being listed; especially the Xenoblade love.
Typhoon-FX 5 months ago
Sad to seen that nobody has Resonance of Fate in their Top 5 (It is in my Top 10)
Titanfall Xbox360 Bundles - Now Available To Pre-Order - Xbox 360