Wednesday Chat, November 6

It's a fairly quiet week, Call of Duty: Ghosts has already been released and only another two titles, both published by Nintendo, will join it.

In terms of gaming news its also been pretty quiet so far, with news on next generation consoles being reduced to speculation about which on is better and other news mainly being in the form of trailers for upcoming games and patches for current titles.

Thankfully our readers always find something to talk about, so let's do just that.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 06 Nov, 2013

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
nintenwho?
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
The first episode of Ryse: Son of Rome - The Fall aired last night. You can check it out over at the Xbox Wire website. Haven't watched it yet, probably will check it out tonight. Anybody else intend to, or has watched it?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Last night was a good night. COD turned up so the shiny blue PS4 box was stared at lovingly for the majority of the night. I then realised I had another packet and it was the Man City shirt I won via the FM competition. So I put that on in preparation to watch the game when a copy of FM14 also fell out of the packet. A sneaky Brucie Bonus. So the rest of this week will be spent trying not to be sucked in to Football Manager like I have done every year at this time...
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Is the case the same size as PS3 cases then does it come with a manual? I reckon manuals will become extinct this generation.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Slightly larger than a PS3 case but only because it's lost the rounded edges. And there is no manual, just an ad for a season pass and other games. Here is a picture. Should be visible as my FB profile is public https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151995718805586&set=a.476246555585.262700.505385585&type=1&theater
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Hmm, now I look at the picture it may be a tad smaller, seeing as you can see the PS3 game case behind it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers looks roughly the same size as the ps3 smaller then standard DVD cases. Might get my first PS4 game next week according to the release date attached to it.
MustangPEK's avatar
MustangPEK 3 years ago
@ shopto any idea when you are going to start processing the payments for the PS4? I have also ordered the Xbox One would be good to know asap so I can work out what I can afford with my wages, hope it isnt too soon after Xbox One as I will need a week or two to build up some £££ for the mega bundle and a game or two!
Roronoa Zoro 74's avatar
Roronoa Zoro 74 3 years ago
Still waiting for my Cod: Ghost :(
Why do GAME get all the best exclusive editions? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=538036299604442&set=a.361015913973149.81185.351440504930690&type=1&theater
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I would assume they would process your payment when they get your console ready for delivery. So the day before posting, which should be the day before release date.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Game seems to get a lot of Special Editions does not seem fair after they messed everyone around a few years back I am suprised publishers give them so many exclusives.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
i got about 6 of the same email last night saying payment for the XB1 would be taken on saturday, so i assume it'll be next weekend.
Last night was awesome. For some reason the servers for the DKS 2 Network Test were up so I got about 4 hours of footage from that
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Though you don't like playing in 720p?
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
just seen a video that conclusively proves that COD does just copy paste from old games LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzfSp6Zer8k
Oliver 3 years ago
1080p does not seem like a good idea after all for CoD. Frame rate issues. Ooops http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24834842
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Who cares anyway, it's only COD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgc43e-zp4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qB I'm guessing the bad Frame-rate on the PS4 isn't down to the Hardware as much as it is down to being badly optimised.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Good article on the COD using old assets http://www.gamesradar.com/call-duty-ghosts-recycles-old-cutscenes-and-it-really-doesnt-matter/ Also Just got an email from microsoft saying that they are giving me Killer Instinct with all the character inlockes
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
All the xbox fan boys trying to bounce back over a few frame chat issues chill out it's going to be patched it the first batch of ps4 games to run at 1080p obviously there will be slight issues . Enjoy your 720p (yes I've given in ans fanboyed)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
If its patched and working for launch then there is no issue if no then there is just like it would be with the xbox one. I tried watching that video Nox but that total biscuit guy has a really annoying voice.
I thought that at first about TB but you get used to him
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
it will be patched by release, thats the reason why people are reviewing/testing it so they can patch it with it being a new console release they'd be stupid to just release it straight up and expect there to be no issues.
The testing should have been done long ago before the game went gold, unless Acti were making them rush. Still no excuse. Btw Tootell that's not why people review games
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah people review to review them. I agree with Nox the testing really should be done in house before it even went gold.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Also would just like to point out I am not saying anything bad about the PS4 over this its down to Infinity ward, I am looking forward to my PS4 just a much as my xbox one.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Regarding the PS4/COD Ghost framerate issues. Apparently one of IW devs Tweeted last night saying .. "Sony put too much pressure on to get the game running at 1080p/60fps" ... also if reports today from IGN and EDGE are to be believed a few more of Sony's games have some framerate issues, again they say Sony have put pressure on for the 1080p/60fps, it's not that the hardware can't do it but some devs need more time though to get to grips with the system but the MS fanboys could be having the last laugh if when COD Ghosts review for the Xbox One says it's running smoother at 720p, that will be interesting to see. Personally I don't see any major issues, nothing an update/patch can't fix but Sony need to relax hassle the developers. I still can't wait for both consoles, going to be an exciting time in the run up to Christmas :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I know its not Nox do you think i'm fucking thick or something? but obviously they're going to pick up on things like that if its the beginning of a new generation. people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
You could of fooled me
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Ohh go suck a fat one.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Any of you ladies and gentleman taking time off work ( or maybe develop a serious case of flu lol ) when you get your console/s? I've managed to get 5 days off from November 23rd so should get some quality gaming in and another 4 days off 3 days after the PS4 launches so even more quality time. I said to my friend today how time flies, it seems like only yesterday Microsoft and Sony revealed their consoles and we had months to wait, 2 weeks from Friday Xbox One, 3 weeks from Friday PS4, I feel like a big kid with Christmas fast approaching :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Anyone played Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom and El Shaddai? Thinking about getting them alongside 3D Dot Heroes
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
yes i have played majin good game.
Who needs Xbone and PS4 when we're getting new Zelda and Mario on the same days ;)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
People who don't like Zelda and Mario, maybe?
Those people are dead inside
https://twitter.com/SaiyanNox/status/398141736267939841 Surveys FTW
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
How long did it take you to get that much?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Also only ever completed wind waker and not overly keen on Mario.
Not bad Nox, I've pretty much depleted my Amazon vouchers, with all the games the last couple of months and half a dozen graphic novels all totaling up to around £300 , but I've got plenty of time to save up before any games I want next year, and I'm close to cashing up on £95 worth.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Don't have time to do surveys.
I don't know, I would say 2-3 month but I only do them now and again as in every 2 week so I'm guessing I miss a lot
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I just looking forward to next Hatsune Miku Trailer :)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
So, just cancelled my Xbox one day one Forza bundle from here. Already regretting it, and after seeing the new DR3 footage I really want to play it now, but I just can't justify forking out £500 to play Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, I will likely play them for a week then go back to PC and GW2 so it's a bit much really. Just going to have to wait till after Christmas and hope they are a bit cheaper, maybe even a bundle without Kinect.