Thursday Chat, November 7

It's Thursday and getting ever closer to the release of Xbox One, which arrives in a couple of weeks time.

So today's topic asks have you pre-ordered Xbox One? If so, what games have you pre-ordered and more importantly, what games are you looking forward to in the future months and what hopes do you have for the console as it evolves over the years?

If you haven't pre-ordered, why?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 07 Nov, 2013

Comments
Joshua 3 years ago
I've had my preorder with shopto since it was listed on the site. I'm getting BF4, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse (digitally). I'm also getting the season passes for the last two and Premium for BF4.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Didn't pre-order. Reason: E3. Second Reason: It's Microsoft Third Reason: Little to no Japan support. Fourth Reason: Only Dead Rising 3 (which admittedly is more than what Sony is offering on launch) and nothing else coming out for it I can't get on current consoles.
DAN 3 years ago
Pre-ordered with digital FIFA day one edition, extra controller with plug and play kit, Forza and Battlefield. 15 days to go!
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
Day One edition (Forza 5) + Battlefield 4 + Dead Rising 3. Then for later in the year, destiny (why is there no XOne version here!), halo 5, MGS 5, titanfall & Watch_Dogs.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I did originally have my consoles ordered with Shopto but then switched over to GAME in-store. I just rather have that piece of mind that if anything should go wrong I don't have to worry about packing it up, waiting for collection and waiting for it to be returned and GAME have always been excellent in the past of swapping the consoles over there and then when I've had a problem. As for games, all of my Xbox One titles will be digital, well apart from Forza 5 which I get a free physical copy on the day but all PS4 titles I have on order from Shopto :-)
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
if by free copy you mean the one that comes with the console its a code. on the note of my post, i put the no xbone comment in the wrong place haha, it should be next to MGS 5 (Ground Zeroes)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I haven't pre ordered as i only have funds for one console and the ps4 slightly tipped it for me.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I didn't pre-order solely because I can't afford two consoles and Sony have always been my first choice. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Microsoft and will eventually buy the Xbox One, but the PS4 wowed me more at the start (now it's more even pegging) and I have a preferred liking to Sony. Still, I hope to see nothing but good news and a further enhancement of the console being a media hub, so I am more inclined to buy it in a year or so's time.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I didn't order as Microsoft have no first party exclusives that interest, and only Dead Rising interests me as far as third party titles go, and I think that that will be ported over at some point and even if it isn't the odds are the sequel will be cross plat. At the end of the day the 'dude brah' crowd Microsoft are leaning on just is not me.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
stick with ps4 for the time been prob pick one up late jan or feb looking forward to dead rising
Didn't order because paying almost £500 for one game would be just stupid.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I have no idea what console I'm getting I hope to get a ps4 or an xbox one by March or April I need to see both working and hold both controllers to make my mind up. I am leaning towards the xbox as I favour that over my ps3 but Sony have had better exclusives over the last year.
Yes, no new console for me, however will I manage?
Oh wait, I'll be playing new Zelda and Mario.
No turnip brain, I'll get one, or both, when they have enough games to be worth spending the money on, in a year or two probably, when they will be cheaper as well.
Seems pointless buying a new console only to play one game when there are so much games I have yet to play from this cycle
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Gloria's getting terrorised.
Still can't change my Avatar, WTF!
Terrorized? By that turnip brain? I don't think so.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
In the chat bit an avatar is coming up for you Nox just nothing happening when your posting
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Decided to cancel my Xbox one pre-order for now. Will get one at a later date when it's either dropped in price, or more tempting games come out.
The HEAD 85's avatar
The HEAD 85 3 years ago
Day one edition Forza 5 console, downloading BF4, Dead Rising 3 (using Gift Cards bought from here) and have changed my mind from Ryse to Zoo Tycoon, played it at the Xbox One event in Shorditch I think this is a sleeper hit with depth.. plus it will keep the other half happy she always goes on about going to the Zoo, now it's coming to her!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Or a gears releases whitey ;) if so I'm with you on that one!
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
lol yeah. If a new Gears comes out then I will buy one straight away, but at the moment I only want one for Dead Rising really, and Forza 5 but Forza is not a game worthy of a new console.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
A new gears game would tempt me but not that sure seeing as most people have left epic now.
Only things that would tempt me as of right now are D4 and Sunset Overdrive but we have no idea when both are due
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah both of those did pique my interest and Quantum Break had me intrigued but not seen anything of those game since the reveal and not a lot has been said about any of them.
Quantum Break sounds interesting until you get to the TV Part
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
yeah interesting seeing how the 2 connect to each other. But not sure how that is going to work over here as still heard nothing about the TV stuff over here and the console is 2 weeks away!
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Defiance tried something like that, and from what I hear, it didn't do too well.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
OMFG! YouTube is really p'ing me off lately. Been crap ever since Google took over, just forcing google+ on me all the damn time, and now can't even sign into YouTube.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I have the Forza 5 edition preorderd, so only paying £429 for one game, not £500 :) But I do plan on getting Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, AC4 and maybe Need for Speed Rivals for it, once I have more money again. Providing I can pay for the console as it is. With Shopto charging for it from 9th Nov, that is too early for me, but next week I will have enough. Amazon are not taking payment until Nov 18th or 19th, which is more ideal for me. If I lose the Xbox ONE preorder, I will probably get the Zelda 3DS XL bundle.