Thursday Chat - You Podcast Questions

We are recording Episode 5 of our podcast today and would like to know if you have any questions?

Also under discussion today will be new consoles and the benefits of buying them at launch. We'd also like to know if you think there is any benefit to buying a console at launch and what games you feel really stand out.

Finally, what about previous console launches? What consoles did you buy at launch and what games did you pick up?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 Nov, 2013

Comments
jaklas's avatar
jaklas 3 years ago
Do any of you think that Kinect 2.0 this time will be used more by game developers and not become a dust collector ?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Joe i don't know if you'll see this but one critisim of the podcast is the music, it's not the music its self it's the way it starts off at a niced level then all off a sudden jumps up to a ear drum bursting level
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ jaklas ... I believe Kinect 2.0 will be used more this time around. There's already loads of launch games using it and word is games like The Division, Mass Effect 4, Battlefront, Project Cars to name but a few, I personally feel more confident this time.... I want to see what IGN says about their COD Ghost review on PS4, I don't care about the resolution wars, I'm getting both consoles but they put up comparisons videos between Xbox One and PS4, 720p/1080p and now we find out PS4 is running at 720p and needs a day one patch to run at 1080p, tut tut IGN
Joshua 3 years ago
You should discuss the recent problems people have been having with the PS4 and what your game you are most looking forward to on next gen consoles. Mine is Star Wars: Battlefront.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Recent problems with the PS4, you mean the reports since yesterday about them "bricking"? I believe it's people making a mountain out of a molehill, there will be millions of Xbox One and PS4 going out in the coming weeks and months, obvious a few will have issues like anything we purchase in life. As for the games I'm looking forward to, in 2014 I guess I'd have to say The Division and The Crew, I really like the look of these. On or around launch then it's Ryse Son of Rome, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 but Forza 5 is my most wanted, I just love my racing titles.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
games main ones are the division and starwars battlefront.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I've read a few people (inc IGN) had a problem with the HDMI connection. Games for me has to be The Order, Evil Within, The Division and most of all Destiny
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
HDMI Issue? id heard of a few PS4 problems but this is new to me?
Console launches are quite lacklustre affairs these days really, games available at launch for them tend to be fair at best, and we just kid ourselves that they're good to justify the outlay on the hardware. With that in mind, what do you guys think was the best console launch for games? For me it has to be the Gamecube, Rogue Leader and Super Monkeyball were top class games, not just for a launch, but for the consoles whole life, and were never bettered by their sequels.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Have to agree there Gloria that if you actually go and look at the launch line ups for some consoles they were pretty lackluster. If you go back to the PS2 the only one that really stands out was SSX. PS1 had Destruction Derby and Wipeout. Just looking back on wikipedia on launch line ups over the years most are pretty poor.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I think the problem with a lot of gamers regarding the recent reviews is a lot are expecting because of the games being "Next Generation" that they should be getting perfect scores, anything less and in their eyes it's a disaster. It will take time for developers to really get to grips with both sets of hardware. What saddens me a little is wherever you look, Xbox.com, Playstation forums, IGN, Eurogamer etc 90% of the chat is the STUPID fanboys arguing over which one is best, there's no real talk about the actual games and it makes you wonder how many are actually looking forward to these consoles and games? I'm fortunate enough to be getting both consoles and I don't get a flying monkey fart about what has the better resolutions, I just want FUN games!
JUBAL 3 years ago
I'm really stuck on which console to go for. Give me the pros n cons of each machine and potentially which is better going forward. I only use my console for games, so just want to play great games!
maca0716's avatar
maca0716 3 years ago
JUBAL don't let others make the choice for you, only you will really know which console is for you and chances are you aint getting one now if you didn't pre order.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ JUBAL ... I believe both consoles with have pros n cons, a lot we won't know about until after the consoles are released. My advice would be if you want one on launch, go for the one that has the games you want regardless of anything else.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
it annoys me that anything below 7/10 "isn't worth it". the entire way we rate games need redoing. and as for console wars, im done. im so bored of it now. you've bought your console, i've bought mine. im happy. you're happy. isn't that all that matters?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
looks like demon souls 2 and uncharted 4 may be announced today for the ps4 cannot wait to play if they are
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Where you get that info from?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
What time is the PS4 conference today?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
There's a conference? What the hell is going on?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well maybe conference was the wrong word there is a Sony event where they are supposed to be announcing a new game some time today
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I though darks souls was demon souls 2 in all but name if not why? Also don't know how I feel about uncharted 4 if it is announced I would have been fine ending it at 3 and having then go on to new stuff. Also if this whole thing about cod ghosts on the ps4 having the single player resolution at 720 before a day one update is true then have all the comparison guff and people going on about it been rubbish if they were both at 720 up scaled??
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
The event is on Thursday evening in New York, which is early hours (4am i think) Friday morning for us lot in the UK.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers Spear will have to wait till tomorrow morning then to see what the big announcement is.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
it would explain why it loooked worse than the XOne version at least. but it looks crap on everything! so doesn't really matter!
Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls since Demon's is a Sony IP. Also since Miyazaki-San isn't working on DK2 the fans are hoping he is on Demon's 2
Oh I agree with Zombie I don't think there should be a Uncharted 4, 3 seemed to wrap up nicely what with the ending and all
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Not really a fan of Uncharted I just don't get the fuss, it's just a third person shooter with lots of explosions and falling over.
Do I have your Friend Code Merle? Also Gloria hurry up and finish the game cos there might be an Eevee in your Friend Safari
In no hurry to finish it Nox, think I might have an Eevee in my box though.
I have an Eevee but I want some Eevee's with their Hidden Ability
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
ohohohohoho http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/faulty-ps4-consoles-reported-by-american-press-and-gamers-4186990/
Sounds quite widespread conidering it's not even out yet.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Just been playing some Ratchet & Clank Nexus, and initial impressions are that it's great. Only disappointing thing is my DLC code for the armour didn't work. But I will try the code again tomorrow.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah mine isnt working yet either spear so may only be activated tomorrow
That reminds me that I haven't tried the Human Revolution points card yet
It worked
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Cool story bro.
No Wii U WB? Fuck you then http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/batman-arkham-collection-edition-announced