Downloadable Xbox One games to have 1000 Gamer Points for Achievements

A new set of Achievements have appeared for Halo: Spartan Assault showing that you'll get a  full 1000 worth of Gamer Points on the Xbox One, compared to the Xbox 360 version which only has 400.

This comes after PopCap Games also revealed that Peggle 2 would include 1000G.

When you purchase an Xbox One you will notice that there will be no distinction between downloadable and retail games on Xbox One. Therefore no matter what game you'll buy, you'll be able to earn 1000 Gamer Points, plus any extra for future DLC (depending on the title).

Are you happy about this news?

Edited On 14 Nov, 2013

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
to answer your last question Joe tbh i'm not that bothered as i'm getting a ps4 :D
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
its always been on the climb, doesn't bother me as im after the games not the achievements
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Ain't Xbox One only running CoD on 720p, while PS4 does 1080p? Not that CoD is a good game to compare anything with.
yduck's avatar
yduck 3 years ago
I am surprised they raised Arcade games to 1000G on the Xbone, i thought they where going to stick with the 400G as it is on the 360. Well maybe it shouldn't of been a surprise since you can get achievements watching TV. Anthony it must be nice to have both consoles and are able to compare both of them together, and not just post which one is better without actually having either. As that would make you look like a terrible fan boy.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
actually artemis, no. the PS4 runs at 720p until you update it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
David i respect your opinion you could be right.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
David well you have fun with your xbox one as no doubt i'll also be having fun with my ps4 it all comes down to opinion.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
It's offical anthony is my favourite poster on here. Also i do think it's to mke all games the same gamerscore.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I was going to say i think its good to make all games the same gamerscore.
I used to think gamerscore and achievements were a good thing, nowadays I just see them as a measure of how sad someone is and how much they need to get a life.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
@gloria i know what you mean i think achievements/trophys have both added and ruined things in gaming.
Benji_1's avatar
Benji_1 3 years ago
Part of a forum discussing video games and you can criticize others for not having a 'life'? Some people like achievements/trophies for the extra challenge or sense of accomplishment. I particually dislike when people pull the 'no life' card.
Hmm, extra challenge and sense of accomplishment? Don't think you get either of them by 1000g'ing crap easy games.
1000g'ing or Platunum'ing games is meant to show your love of a game and not a dick measuring contest
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nox epeen Ftw.
Damn straight
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The achievements help get the most out of a game, and I have to admit it has made me obsessed and have not gotten any PS trophies or played much Wii as been busy building Xbox gamerscore. I have even played some games I probably would not have done to boost gamerscore and I am glad I did. As long the games gives fun then I will try and max it out, but not going to spend loads of time getting a gamerscore if the game is giving me a headache and not fun - may as well give up and move on. Currently I am trying to a S Rank on Hard mode in Asuras Wrath and a few so far are a nightmare and giving me sore hands. I want to do it more for getting S Rank now, than getting achievements.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It makes sense to have them all the same so that their is essentially no difference between the digital only titles and retail. As long as the achievements are actually achievements I do not mind, It is the ones you get for just pushing start or your first kill in a game or even worse completing the tutorial they are not achievements. Its the same with the ones that require you to put hundreds of hours in just to complete so many matches. I like when the achievements are different and require you to try something different that you would not normally do like the one in Left 4Dead 2 for taking the Gnome with you.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
i do like obscure achievements. there are grind-y ones that suck though. like on FUEL, driving corner to corner on that game took like 2 1/2 hours. and it had to be done twice. although, in saying that, i have 1000G'd a fair few games....