Naughty Dog announces Uncharted PS4

Didn't stay up or wake up for last night's Playstation All Access Spike Event in New York? I don't blame you. We'll run down the main stories in full now.

Naughty Dog have officially announced Uncharted PS4 at last night's Spike PS4 TV event. The team showed off a quick teaser trailer which is apparently filled hidden clues, you can take a look at the teaser trailer below.

From Naughty Dog's official blog post on the announcement:

We have great news for all our Uncharted fans - Amy, Justin, and the team are hard at work on an amazing new installment of the Uncharted series to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 system. Our goal is to continue what we've done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4.

Edited On 15 Nov, 2013

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
If I wasn't already getting a PS4 then this would be the reason to do so! I just hope we don't have too long a wait.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well I reckon the earliest you will see it is this time next year shame there was no gameplay footage in the trailer.
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 3 years ago
Bindiana, I think we'll be looking at a Q4 2015 release here with the first footage seen at E3 2014.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Q4 is March 2015 isnt Colin?
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 3 years ago
Q4 2015 would be September to December. We're not talking a company's fiscal year here :D
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers Colin it does get confusing as the big companies seem to use the Q terminology but they mean different things. 2 years is a long time to wait though :(
I guess that rules out the last of us 2 for the foreseeable future than, strange move.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I would not get a PS4 for another Uncharted game (until it is launched and reviews state that it does next gen proud and is leaps and bounds ahead of what could be done on PS3), but it is a +1 to the PS4 list of games I may get for it, bringing the number of PS4 games I would get to 1. PS4 still needs many more games to get me to get one, and this time once they are released - I bought a PS3 2 weeks before Gran Turismo 5 was supposed to be released , and then at the last minute GT5 got delayed for over a year - PS3 was mainly a Blu Ray player for that year!
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I was pretty disappointed when they announced this they are going with Uncharted 4 but not a reveal of Jak 4, I mean sure I loved Uncharted 1-3 and were great games on the PS3., but I still feel they shouldn't have abandoned the Jak and Daxter series for this and they never returned to make a new one. Naughty Dog should have come up with Jak 4 or something new, I don't know if I will get this, Uncharted is starting to become like COD and i'm not the only one who is disappointed in this...