Microsoft congratulates Sony on the PS4's US launch

Over on Twitter, Xbox has congratulated Sony on the launch of the Playstation 4 in the US. How nice.

Think it's genuine? A little sarcastic or is it just Microsoft trying to steal some of Sony's limelight today? Let us know below!

Edited On 15 Nov, 2013

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It is genuine I reckon for all the stick they seem to get I have seen them done this type of thing before think one of them was saying how good Last of Us is and the other I think a Nintendo one.
Arun1910's avatar
Arun1910 3 years ago
Genuine for sure. Nothing sarcastic about it and there is no way that a little congrats is stealing limelight. Major Nelson also tweeted Yoshida saying congrats and he replied "Thanks Larry, your turn next week! :D".
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah I do not think its the likes of sony and microsoft that have it in for each other its the fans that do. Of course they would want each other to do well as they need the competition.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
It's genuine. They posted it on facebook too. This is not the first time Microsoft have done this. They also have done it with Firefox (which is a competing browser of Microsoft's Internet Explorer).
I bet they were having a little chuckle about all the wobbly HDMI sockets though.
NOCTORNUS's avatar
NOCTORNUS 3 years ago
It's a genuine compliment, at the end of the day, it's all hard business and very hard work getting a console to launch. Well done Sony and well done for Microsoft saying so. I wish this was how it always was / is. None of this immature fanboy nonsense just passionate companies and gamers enjoying the whole thing as sensible adults.
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
The world would be a very boring place with out competition.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
wobbly hdmi is meant to be less than 1%
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It would still suck to be one of that 1%. As long as they get it fixed or replaced quick enough then its not that bad.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
aslong as mines ok when i get it i couldn't careless.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I remember the first PS2 I got just after launch wouldnt play DVD movies Sony sorted that out quite quickly for me this was when there were still waiting lists to get one before Christmas.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
To be fair thats how I will feel as well as long as it is working. The good thing is the americans are testing the network and stuff for us now so it should be ok come the 29th as I have seen they are having some issues today.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yes also getting an Xbox one.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
David 2 weeks for me mate.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I wish, just been saving since February.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I wanted both but I don't have the will power to save that much up I'm only just scrapping the PS4.
I could have bought both, still could, but the exclusive games are generally uninspiring and the multiplatform ones aren't really any better than the Wii U versions.
MustangPEK's avatar
MustangPEK 3 years ago
Classy from Microsoft, some may see it as 'sarcasm' but lets be honest competition is only good for us gamers! Both companies will be pushing these consoles to their limits within a few years and the games will improve over time when developers get used to the systems, exciting times ahead! Roll on next week for Xbox One and then PS4 a week later, cannot wait to get my hands on the next gen consoles! Good thing about owning both is having the best of both consoles when it comes to exclusives, its also a good thing that PS4 is out now in North America as said above gives them a few weeks to sort any issues in time for the European release. Both consoles will likely have a few minor issues in the first few weeks but I am sure they will get sorted quickly, the news about some PS4 issues is a shame but just about every first batch of new consoles can have some issues. The shopto warranty is useful just in case something goes wrong :)
Bliss IRL's avatar
Bliss IRL 3 years ago
I smell Cartman in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbs0firps8&noredirect=1
Jason 3 years ago
This is PR to stay relevant during a competitor's launch. Sorry to be cynical.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Considering Major Nelson and Yoshidas back and forth was nice.
scott 3 years ago
Not gonna lie, I took it as sarcasm with the PSN down, overheating,no picture and bricking, Hope our PS4'S dont have drama's , Shopto should maybe brace for mass returns lol Roll on 29th
david 3 years ago
thats a thought what happens if my ps4 is faulty do shopto have some in reserve for failed units or would i have to wait for new stock next year ?
scott 3 years ago
@david I hope they have stock im not willing to wait to next year if i have a faulty one but i have faith, We have two weeks yet anyway
Steve 3 years ago
Have to admit, i was thinking of cancelling my pre-order after reading the forums and actually seeing some youtubers that I watch (some very pro Sony ones too) having issues. But if i get a DOA unit it's not a big deal. So i'll have to wait a few more weeks for a replacement. Definitely not going back to MS. Plus i have an overly large backlog of PS3 games to keep me entertained for... years!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Maybe the PS4 will get delayed in EU for a week or two, or even into 2014, while they investigate and remove the faulty units from circulation? I'm glad I'm not getting one now, it is bad enough having a console without games at launch (with Watch Dogs and Drive Club delayed) , but it being faulty too makes matters worse! Will find out next week if the Xbox ONEs has some issue too. If I saw this news before I paid for the Xbox ONE I may have cancelled my preorder as I still have plenty of Xbox 360 / PS3 games to play still, so will be annoying if going through the trouble of getting a launch day Xbox ONE, and then not be able to use it on Day One. Xbox ONE is certainly going to be the best launch as long as there are no issues - I think next week I will have more games to play on the Xbox ONE on Day ONE than I currently have for the Wii U which has been out a year, which is a shame as I was rooting for the Wii U over PS4 and Xbox ONE.
MARTIN 3 years ago
Tony, it's a new electronic item that is being bought en masse. It WILL happen with Xbox One as well. It happens every launch.
scott 3 years ago
Found this on the forums, Aparantly workers in china where the xb1 and ps4 are made were unhappy with treatment at the factory and posted saying they were going to treat sony as bad as sony had treated them take from it what you will http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/foxconn-intern-student-in-yantai-china-claimed-to-make-bad-ps4-consoles-thee-months-ago.453522435/
Robert 3 years ago
I don't wish to babble on but.... i do envy some of the games on the xbox one do look cool to name (titanfall)and hope that there is not many problems with any of the consoles...PEACE! but i do favour the ps4 over the xbox on just price alone..
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I think Xbox ONE is value for money, it is only more expensive than PS4 if you do not want Kinect, but with MS giving away FIFA or Forza 5, plus their games are £45 whereas Sonys games are £50/£55 it makes the PS4 more expensive in the long run. eg Xbox ONE with free FIFA 14 (£430) + Dead Rising 3 (£45) + Ryse (£45) + Forza 5 (£45) = £565 vs PS4 (£350) + FIFA 14 (£50) + Killzone (£55) + Knack (£50) + Drive Club (£55) = £560 more or less the same price and if you want the PS4 Eye then that will make the PS4 cost £610. Also Killer Instinct on Xbox ONE is a free to play game, and only costs a few more quid to get more from it, and I was willing to pay £45 for that.
JONATHAN 3 years ago
I think its genuine. Neither console would do as well with out the other.
scott 3 years ago
@robert i bought the ps4 for the reason of it being cheaper, I have now spent more than it cost for an xbox one bundle lol owell