Tomb Raider 'Definitive Edition' coming to PS4/Xbox One?

Crystal Dynamics’ Tomb Raider reboot sounds like it may be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One if a new rumour is to be believed.

Amazon Italy is listing the game on its website, as Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition, stating that it comes complete with all of the downloadable content released so far and an art book.

Generally there is a lack of titles once the initial launch games arrive, so it may be a smart move to fill the gap in between the first and second wave with the re-release of Tomb Raider on the new platforms.

Do you think this is a good move? Would you purchase this title if it turns out to be real?

Edited On 19 Nov, 2013

Comments
Daniel 3 years ago
Most games I would have to think twice about re-purchasing for another format, but this game happened to lead in front of many of the other hundreds of games ive played on xbox 360, happens to have been my favourite game on the 360 to be precise, I will definitely be pondering whether to buy this game, I far as im concerned as long as the game isn't over £45, they'll get a sale from me, I don't think I could waiver the fact an old game coming to xbox one could be more expensive than some of these new releases to the xbox one format
MrPenguinKnight's avatar
MrPenguinKnight 3 years ago
Would definitely buy it again if it came to Wii U. No real excuse for it not to.
GQRDY's avatar
GQRDY 3 years ago
I never got a chance to play this on 360 so would probably buy this if the rumour is true
I would expect a budget price tag on this like the Deus Ex directors cut, it's not a game I would buy twice though, or even once really, as good as it was it was also easily finished over a weekend with little or no replay value.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
You must be shit hot at gaming, Gloria. Took me a lot longer than a weekend to complete and that isn't including hunting down all the trophies
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I just wish there was more in the single player with exploring rather than the tacked on multiplayer.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Not saying I wouldn't have loved more in the campaign, thought it was cracking, but maybe I'm not as good at games as I though ;-) Also seemed an odd decision to make all the DLC multiplater
I'm not particularly skilled, the game's story can be completed in under 15 hours easily which isn't hard over a weekend.
Bithellbox13's avatar
Bithellbox13 3 years ago
This game looked tasty on 360. I can only imagine how nice it'll look on X1.
robioto's avatar
robioto 3 years ago
I already own the definitive version on the PC. That games looks incredible on mine, I highly doubt the PS4 and Xbone could even come close to surpassing it. Superb game though.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
This was probably my fav game this year, so I'd probably be tempted to give it another go, but only if they have added some SP stuff as well and not just bundled the MP DLC in.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
One of my GOTYs. But a no thrills edition with little to nothing extra....nah wouldn't bother. Especially not when I was shouting for a Wii U version for release which they stated they wouldn't do due to lack of people owning the console. Yet another lie from a Third Party developer.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
So they finally remove the MP :)
Daniel 3 years ago
I could be tempted, assuming it isn't the exact same version simply ported over. It needs to have something 'extra' in terms of upgrades to make it feel next-gen. Increased foliage, draw distance, performance and other such tidbits - like AC IV: Black Flag and other titles on current-gen and next-gen.