Has Crash Bandicoot changed hands?

Wouldn't it be lovely to see Crash Bandicoot reappear? Well, it seems like something is happening, since Activision has removed all traces of the game from its websites, and the official Crash homepage has been reduced to a single navigation bar.

We spotted this on Reddit last night and now speculation suggests that we'll be seeing the game on PlayStation platforms very soon, especially since since Sony seemed to hint as much in a recent 4 The Players video.

Crash on PlayStation? We want it, the world needs it.

Edited On 22 Nov, 2013

Comments
As long as Naughty Dog regains the license, I will gladly play Crash Bandicoot again especially after those weird mediocre mutant games and it's "death" period.
Soulless Ninja 5 months ago
Meh, Crash was at the back of the line of a lot of second string platform stars after Sonic and Rayman, don't really care if he's never seen again.
Gloria 5 months ago
Would be happy to see Naughty Dog make another Crash game for PS4
Artemisthemp 5 months ago
Because those without Mario make do with any old crap.
Gloria 5 months ago
Gloria sometimes wonder if your for real so negative lol any ways I would love this to happen loved it on ps1
Skiba 5 months ago
Skiba that is just Gloria you get use to it after a while.
Joe Toots 5 months ago
Someone's a tad hostile i see anyway most people would agree that Crash 1-3 are some of the best platformers not only on Playstation but ever made so i fail to see how it's *any old crap* but to each their own.
Soulless Ninja 5 months ago
Perhaps I was a little harsh, Crash was OK but nobody else does platforming as good as Nintendo does, and if you don't play Nintendo games I can see how you might think average platformers, like Crash, Rayman et al, are great.
Gloria 5 months ago
Still coming off a lil harsh but it's understandable, Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity were decent outings but not on par with the Naughty Dog games, Rayman games have been kinda lacking with 2 being pretty good and 3 being somewhat decent however Origins was quite outstanding to which i'm more than willing to fight anyone on that (yet to get the full version of Legends but more than likely will). As far as Nintendo are concerned however..........................i shall leave it up to you to determine my take and interaction with the franchise over the years despite the irony.
Soulless Ninja 5 months ago
"Because those without Mario make do with any old crap" A kind of ignorant statement when not everyone thinks Mario platformers are the best platforming games. Mario may have the quality, but it's way too safe in what it does. Crash (at least the PS1 era games) were a breath of fresh air when he was new. I'd even go as far to say that NiGHTs is the most innovative of the genre. At the end of the day, all platformers are good based on preference. Do I enjoy Mario platformers? Somewhat, but I don't narrow myself to only Mario games, since that'd be limiting myself to just one quality platformer (albeit safe). I hope that Crash returns to his former glory, but I would say that what made his games great would be more of a download title these days.
Frimelda Lotice 5 months ago
"Because those without Mario make do with any old crap" Are you serious or trolling? Because that's pretty ignorant. The Naughty Dog Crash games were AAA and highly received at the time so I fail to see how it's "average" and as someone above me said it was something new and fresh at the time. Also not everyone likes Mario, do I like it? Once in a while but to me all it has going for it is the platforming and gameplay aspects and nothing else. I prefer Jak and Daxter which was Naughty Dog's second attempt at a platformer and unlike Mario Jak 2 had a lot more variety in it's gameplay than Mario (driving, platforming, shooting, fetch quests, racing and most importantly STORY and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT). something which the Mario games seriously lack, and you can't come and tell me that Jak is a "average" game because those were AAA titles by Naughty Dog during the PS2 era just like Crash. Also for the topic IF Sony gets Crash back it will be after Jak 4 because Naughty Dog wanted reboot that first.
Light Heaven 5 months ago
Activision have just confirmed that Crash is staying with them.
Robichoico 5 months ago