Monday Chat, November 25

It's PS4 launch week, although since it's still a few days before everyone actually gets their hands on one, what we want to know is how have you been enjoying your Xbox One this weekend.

What features do you love the most? What do you think of the new Kinect, how do the voice commands work for you, and finally Is there any any improvements you would make based on your experience so far?

We'll be bringing you plenty of coverage for Xbox One this week, mainly in the form of reviews but also some video streaming. In fact our coverage has already started here (Does Kinect Understand Scottish?) here (Xbox One Unboxed), here (Xbox One First Impressions) and here (Ryse: Son of Rome Review).

Let's Chat!

Edited On 25 Nov, 2013

Comments
JoeToots 3 years ago
Didn't get a xbox one unfortunately so couldn't enjoy it but I jumped in with uncharted 2 manage to finish on hard and crushing plus get the plat this weekend loved every single minute of it.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Had a Zelda weekend mainly. Alternating between Link Between Worlds (almost done.) and Wind Waker (still fantastic. Just not getting far due to sidequests.) Also started and gave up once again on Kingdoms of Amalur. I wanna like it so much but....its just so boring
Kingdoms is a good game but I feel that it is kinda overwhelming
Don't think I played anything on Friday &Saturday since I signed up to Now TV but yesterday I started playing the Wii U (Finally used to the gamepad) and put up my AC Brotherhood Codexs Edition on Ebay (Individually)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Not got me one of them fancy Xboxes, but I did end up finally getting into Football Manger. Six months in and looking pretty at the top of the table and found a very fluid formation that suits the players down to the ground. Otherwise, a weekend of clubbing and visiting my nan for her birthday. News for today, I'm off on a 2nd date this evening ;-)
JoeToots 3 years ago
hope it goes great kaysar, where are you taking him?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Aha, I see what you did there ;-) We're doing the bog standard cinema date. We went to Blackpool zoo for out first date but she wants to see the new Thor film so there we shall go. We're also going to grab a bite to eat beforehand, hopefully.
JoeToots 3 years ago
ohh she infact my bad, cinema date ohhhh not a good idea! you can't really talk and get to know each other, suppose it's not so bad being a second date but i'd never go there for a first date!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
We are eating beforehand, but I do agree; not really a way to get to know someone. However, it is the 2nd date and we have been talking daily for nearly three weeks now. So we do know each other surprisingly well. So fingers crossed she likes me enough to want a 3rd
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Not got an Xbox but did see my brothers console not games and must admit its not the nicest looking thing. Got a lot of Tearaway done this weekend its a cracking little game
good luck!
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
@Kaysar She wants to see Thor? She's a keeper (not of the goal variety)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Oh don't I know it. She nearly out geeks me and she certainly out games me. She's also pretty too, which is an added bonus. I'm not overly sure what it is she sees in me but I'm not complaining.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I got one of those and married her last year. She 100% out geeks me too. Think of it like this; Christmas and birthday presents will be easy, just buy her what ever geeky thing you'd want for yourself....in pink.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Well it was her birthday a few days before our first date, so I picked her up a Thor Lego man (as she collects Lego). Pretty sure that alone is the reason I got a 2nd date ;-)
JoeToots 3 years ago
Kaysar next you'll have to get her http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-BOBA-FETT-CLOUD-CITY-10123-Mint-and-VERY-rare-/271098393004?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item3f1eb931ac
JoeToots 3 years ago
infact this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-DISCONTINUED-LEGO-TAJ-MAHAL-10189-BRAND-NEW-BUT-BOX-DAMAGED-/291011749256?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item43c1a6e588
Played some Link between Worlds over the weekend, great game, love what they've done with it this time. Spent Saturday mostly watching Doctor Who, mainly classic DVDs to offset the awfulness of the crappy show the BBC made. Also finished off the story of Marvel Lego, was OK, but unlocking Galactus is so disappointing, I really wanted him to be full size so I could walk over the city like in an old Godzilla movie.
JoeToots 3 years ago
inb4 gloria says how much she isn't bothered about next gen and how she'll be happier with Super Mario 3D World. called it first.
It's a no brainer Tootell.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've figured out Gloria anthony is your second account as you can't cope with not arguing with someone during the day you argue with yourself.
Funny that, I thought Anthony was your second account Tootell.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yeah, they're both quite a step up from £4.99 including delivery :/ And I will eventually pick up Link between Worlds. When I eventually finish Pokemon, and eventually finish GTA....
Damn you got me.
JoeToots 3 years ago
well i ordered asc4 from amazon and it got dispatched on thursday last week and i've still not recieved it so got on to them and they extented my prime membership by a month for compo not bad.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Amazon shipping PS4 games already? Ordered Camera from there but not been dispatched. This week will be seeing who the best retailer is have 5 things coming from different retailers so gonna see who gets them to me the fastest.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Surely that'll be the retailer with the best courier? ;-)
JoeToots 3 years ago
bin i believe its just assasins creed cod and skylanders as they released on the 22nd on another note i ordered skylanders at 6:15 on firday and recieved it at 9.30 saturday morning.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well I would guess the games I have ordered will be dispatched normal post probably only the console and camera by courier guarenteed console will arrive last!
JoeToots 3 years ago
amazon have recieved and are now processing them so hopefully will be able to trade up and get another game.
Only time I've had a late delivery from Amazon was with Pokemon Y, stupid Saturday release date.
JoeToots 3 years ago
games and blu rays i have ordered from amazon have never turned up on release date which is dissapointing as i pay for prime for a reason.
They do first class guaranteed for delivery on release date free without Prime, don't see the point in paying for it.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Games and blu rays are litterally around just 10% of stuff i order off amazon.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
PSN prices for games released and worse then Xbox. All EA games are £62.99 will the rest of the big games range from £52.99 to £59.99 if they want people to go digital both consoles have a lot to do.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah the PSN prices are terrible at least the first party xbox one games are lower but I still do not see me buying them. Also do not understand why prices from the EA games very so much between the PS4 and one.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
There was an article about PSN prices before which pointed out how we in the UK are getting screwed. Games in the US are priced at $59.99 where as here they're £62.99. Working out at £37 and $102 when you go off currency exchange. Seems a bit of a high discrepancy to be explained away by fluctuating markets...