SCEE announces launch apps for PS4

Sony Europe has revealed that 18 entertainment apps and services will be available across SCEE on PS4 from launch day including Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited, IGN, BBC iPlayer, NetFlix and VidZone.

As well as these 18 apps and services available when PS4 launches, a further 20+ will be made available by Spring 2014 including the likes of Game One, Filmo TV and TuneIn. Another app, Quickflix, will arrive on December 4, although no territories are mentioned for this app.

"Alongside its place as the most highly anticipated gaming console this decade, the services and apps available on PS4 make it a central home entertainment hub," says Sony.

"Plus, whilst other consoles require a subscription to access online entertainment services, PS4 users can access all of these features without subscribing to PlayStation Plus."

Apps currently available on the PlayStation 3 will also continue to migrate over in the future.

Here's the list.

Launch Services and Territories
  1. BBC iPlayer - UK
  2. BBC Sports - UK
  3. Total Channel - SPAIN
  4. Demand 5 - UK
  5. RTBF - BELGIUM
  6. NOS SPORTS - NETHERLANDS
  7. XIMON - BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS
  8. Watchever - GERMANY
  9. IGN - AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, DENMARK, GERMANY, INDIA, IRELAND, ITALY, KUWAIT, LUXEMBOURG, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, QATAR, SOUTH AFRICA, SAUDI ARABIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UAE, UK
  10. Wuaki.TV - SPAIN
  11. BBC News - UK
  12. maxdome - GERMANY, AUSTRIA
  13. Netflix - DENMARK, FINLAND, IRELAND, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, SWEDEN, UNITED KINGDOM
  14. Amazon / LOVEFiLM - GERMANY, UNITED KINGDOM
  15. Viaplay - DENMARK, FINLAND, NORWAY, SWEDEN
  16. Music Unlimited - UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand
  17. Video Unlimited - Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK
  18. VidZone - AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, DENMARK, FINLAND, GERMANY, IRELAND, ITALY, LUXEMBOURG, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PORTUGAL, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Edited On 26 Nov, 2013

Comments
lankeymarlon's avatar
lankeymarlon 3 years ago
I'm hoping we get a Spotify App at some point. I have no intention of ever using Music/Video Unlimited.
ttrance's avatar
ttrance 3 years ago
Happy to use music unlimited as I got 15 months for £44.99 far better value than spotify wouldn't mind sky being added to it as cant get sky in same room as my ps4 all in all better entertainment apps than the xbone one
Daddy, Daddy's Cool's avatar
Daddy, Daddy's Cool 3 years ago
Come one guys, just send me my PS4 already!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Crunchyroll is missing from the list
Philip 3 years ago
No blinkbox or Now TV yet then, they're on PS3 so was hoping they'd follow onto PS4, maybe later on.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
the main one for me is netflix so that's all good.
PAUL 3 years ago
WTF?? This made me think should I be shopping here even after being a customer for years, spending thousands over those years. about 22 hours ago You posted: Sorry to bother you at such a busy time. I wanted to just confirm that my Playstation 4 order would get to me on Friday. I pre-ordered my ps4 as soon as I could (many months ago) and I did receive an email recently from you stating that I was guaranteed my order on the release date. I am just getting a little worried that my order has been overlooked or something. I know you have been processing orders since the 16th and thought my order would have been one of the first lot to be processed as I did order mine just about as soon as ordering was available on your site. I thought I would of had a despatch notification that I would take as my order being packed and ready for despatch on the 28th as an email suggested I would, but have not. Again sorry for contacting you at a busy time but I would be very happy if you could let me know. Thanks, Paul about 2 hours ago Tristram Stalham posted: Hi Paul, I have checked your account and I can see that this order has entered processing and at this time we are unable to cancel this, please refuse the delivery and we will be able to refund you Regards Tris 6 minutes ago You posted: WHAT? I don't want to cancel do not cancel my order, read the message again and see if you understand it. What sort of people do you employ, that was not the answer/reaction I was expecting, very poor ShopTo. Where the heck dose it say anything about cancelling my order in my message? I really am angry and shocked at your response.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Chances are they just got their wires crossed as they will probably be receiving loads of these emails with people panicking about if they will receive it or not.