Wednesday Chat, November 27

PS4 is almost here, so what are you looking forward to most about the system? Which of it's features appeal to you?

Also, what games have your pre-ordered and out of these games, which will keep you busy over the holiday period?

We likely won't see any new 'AAA' titles until at least February/March next year, so will the games you have pre-order keep you busy until then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 27 Nov, 2013

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Mostly I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. I do like the live streaming to see what my friends are playing. As for games, other than KZ, I gave into the missus and pre-ordered Knack as well
humph's avatar
humph 3 years ago
can not wait for ps4 ordered the killzone bundle i think this is a aaa title and will keep me busy for a while also getting assassins creed black flag and knack so ill be ok till march when the two games i am looking forward to are infamous second son and watchdogs good times greatness awaits us all ps also the next uncharted is on the horizon say no more
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Can't wait for 2014 line up - Watch_Dogs, Destiny, The Evil Within, The Division, Dying Light & The Order 1886. All pre-ordered from here. Always look forward to Unchartered
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I think I am most looking forward to Killzone in multiplayer and ACIV for my lonesome. I have also pre-ordered BF4, Knack and Fifa and will probably get NFS before Christmas. Those with the games I am still finishing on PS3 and 360 will keep me going until Watch Dogs and Infamous. Now looking forward to Gloria telling us how we should all have Mario and a Nintendo.
sig-gotyouth's avatar
sig-gotyouth 3 years ago
I'm personally looking forward to the sharing functionality and trying out remote play. I have been completely addicted to Resogun since getting hands on with it earlier this month. Can't wait to talk to my friends in the USA and Australia over PSN :)
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Resogun is definitely the first game I'm d/loading. You can't beat good ol' fashioned high-score chasing. You don't get that with Mario ... lol
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Might not be the place, but as I've seen others do it; anyone for multiplayer KZ or BF can add me Steersys_nads on PSN
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
@Steersys - Added. Didn't realise you can now send request via PS App
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
tbh i'm more looking forward to the buzz of getting my very first next gen console on launch day!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
feel free to add me guys psn joetootell
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Have a little bit of hope I may get my PS4 today but trying not to get to excited so I am not disappointed if it doesnt show today. I think the main problem with both consoles is the lack of games after Christmas until Watchdogs , Infamous and Titanfall come out.
ROB 3 years ago
PSN - PlaytimeS_OveR
SB_NextGen7's avatar
SB_NextGen7 3 years ago
I'm just looking forward to getting my dispatch detail. Processing for 8 days kinada takes the piss. And specialy when pre ordered in Feb too
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
bindiana check if your tracking detail is active.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
@sb_netxgen7 I can't see how they can change the status until the item is dispatched and with the courier and I'd imagine they don't want to risk the wrath of Sony by sending them out early. Patience my friend, Friday is getting so much closer
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I havent bought mine from here got a despatch email yesterday afternoon but no tracking details given yet.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
they can send me my console i won't tell anyone ;)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
if you got it from where i think theres a little button which says track order next to the order ;)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Nah didnt get it from Amazon having a look through there site it looks like they use parcel force so could be sent on a 48 hour service instead of 24 hours so would be tomorrow I would get it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
where'd you get it from then haha
leanne 3 years ago
thought you have an xbox one joe, no?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
me? no i dont or joe anderson the editor?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Gameseek cause they were £10 cheaper then everywhere else at the time but did sneak a £6.99 postage charge in so overall wasnt much cheaper really
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Still waiting on my email. Not concerned yet. This is my first release day console too. Feel free to add BubbaJai guys, just stick Shopto on the message so I know who you are. Did you know you can send requests via the new Playstation App?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Got an email from Shopto yesterday, and got really excited because I thought it was finally an email about PS4 order being completed and getting tracking details. Unfortunately it was just a charge, and order confirmation email for Super Mario 3D World, seems they started processing them late last night. So I'm still waiting for my PS4 order complete email with tracking, hope it comes by the end of the day.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
aaahhh ever used them before bindiana?
SB_NextGen7's avatar
SB_NextGen7 3 years ago
@steersy mine still processing not got any dispatch details been 8 days no change that is what I meen. @ bubba I'm still waiting too mate
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah have used them for a few games in the past got a few bargains from them they havent let me down yet.
What I'm most looking forward to about the PS4? For it to be released so people stop going an about tracking numbers and all that stuff.
More interested in Sonys next project http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25099262
michael 3 years ago
I can't wait have the kill zone mega bundle with rivals fifa14 black flag and knack 2 days left almost there roll on fri if u want to add me psn is spammonkey19719 see u lot online :)
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Loving the playstation App. All friend requests added, thanks for the adds, people.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Michael, couldn't find you with that tag
SB_NextGen7's avatar
SB_NextGen7 3 years ago
The the app is cool. Psn:- SB_NextGen add peeps if u like
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Also looking forward to see the second screen functionality with the app. I couldn't find you either Michael. @SB your request sent. Lets see if I can make 100 from Shopto friends, on 80 @ the moment.
SB_NextGen7's avatar
SB_NextGen7 3 years ago
@bubbajai added :) ....
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
funniest thing on the internet https://vine.co/v/hpw9KOHYIDZ
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Feel free to add me on PSN its funny enough bindiana
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I preordered the Watch Dogs Bundle and then was going to get Drive Club, as games got delayed PS4 got cancelled and I will probably hire / buy the PS3 version of Watch Dogs to play the exclusive content, and doubt Drive Club will come anywhere near as awesome as Forza 5. I am not a fan of Killzone, Knack looks too twee and weak for the PS4, so those do not appeal either, so may not even get a PS4 the whole life, but I am sure a game will come along and I will have to have it and buy a PS4 for it. It is funny that the PS4 is a pure games console, and the Xbox ONE is being an all in one entertainment device, yet the ONE has more AAA games for it at launch! I have plenty to keep me occupied on the ONE until the next load of games release. If I got a PS4 it would not keep busy for more than a few hours and that would be just to set the console up and admire it for being more powerful than the Xbox ONE! Since I have had the console I have played Forza and mostly NFS Rivals trying to get the "Quick Buck" achievement which has now expired. I only managed to reach 50% complete, it says it is an achievement for promotional periods, so hopefully should return again, and as I know the game better now and will know It even more by the time it returns, I should get it next time. Does PS4 have limited timed trophies?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
If anyone wants to add me on PSN I'm Kaysar (original, I know). KZ and CoD will be my launch day games, as well as Resogun. If you do send an FR please mention you're from ShopTo :)
I never get bored of hearing how you were going to get a PS4 TONY.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Dispatch notification and Gold membership notification have just pinged in. Looking forward to Friday with crossed fingers (which has made this VERY awkward to type). I love new gadgets and gaming
scott 3 years ago
Just getting my hands on next gen , My order says completed but no email and tracking number does not work ..
SB_NextGen7's avatar
SB_NextGen7 3 years ago
Tracking won't work until with courier
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
AC4, GT6 and Bravely Default will most likely keep me busy + I most likely still have room to clean left
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I'm still under processing. I swear down now, it's less tense getting out of N.Korea than it is waiting for my PS4 order to be confirmed ;-)
Chazza's avatar
Chazza 3 years ago
I've had my shipping notice and tracking details since Sunday. All I want to know is when will it actually be on that DPD delivery van?
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
They'll all go on the truck on Thursday evening and be delivered on Friday (hopefully) No one will get one early.
Howson 3 years ago
Pre ordered away backin june, still processing :( just ordered a solus console hope it arrives on friday as ive had games arrive late
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
In all the time I've been using Shopto, I've only had one thing arrive late. Here's hoping everyone gets their's on time. Day off eating rubbish food and playing games for me, just remains to be seen which console I am playing on.
Just how did you get out of North Korea Kaysar?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I can't tell you, Gloria, in case they try and close the gap for other refugees. All I can say is it requires the ability to bend over backwards and grab your ankles
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 years ago
Seeing as lots of people are doing it, I'm gonna do it too. Add me on PSN chrissay2k8