Microsoft: Xbox One party system will get better

Microsoft has said that it is working on a number of improvements to the Xbox One party system.

Users have been accusing Xbox One's party system of being a backwards step from Xbox 360, since it can make it more difficult to perform simple steps such as starting parties, finding friends and checking achievements.

In this respect, there have been many requests to bring back the Xbox 360 Guide, which allowed for quick access to these menus with the press on a button.

A dedicated website has even been set up listing changes that Xbox One players would like to see and speaking in response the suggestions, Xbox Live director of programming Larry 'Major Nelson' Hyrb said, "I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better."

What do you think of the Xbox One Party system as it stands? What would you improve?

Edited On 03 Dec, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have heard alot of sites saying that they have ruined the party system wonder how they got it so wrong as 360s party system was majorly applauded.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah they majorly dropped the ball on it. I was playing call of duty with two of my friends in the party after a bit they went to play FIFA so i was just going to have a quick go of Ryse on multiplayer before I went to bed and it would not let them stay in the party with me and play FIFA while I played Ryse.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have heard things like if you invite friends to your game of battlefield there is no guarantee they will be on your team. Has anybody tried the playstation party system yet wonder if its any good or not?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Not tried it yet. I think that may be a Battlefield issue I remember the same thing happening on Bad company 2 on the 360. Another annoying thing was when I was playing Dead Rising 3 my brother was in the party but we were both on single player he invited me to join him which was fine but the game did not ask me or anything I was just pulled straight into his game which would have been bloody annoying mid mission.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
ps4 party chat is basically identical to xbox 360.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats good, if only they had kept it the same on the xbox one.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'm really loving the party chat.
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
yeah the party chat has good and bad, but its mainly focused on the quick game party invite, which works well i have had no problems with it. but yeah i would have to agree the 360 party chat was good and they need to at least try to integrate it into the system tabs
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
Has anyone else not been charged correctly on the points from all the purchases from the past two weeks including games, accsessories. iv just noticed this. my account is gold but all points applied are bronze
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I had not received any points a while ago, if you raise a ticket they are usually quite quick at getting it sorted.
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
yeah i already sent a ticket @Zombieflamingo its strange i asked a while ago about the whole points situation as i no most people was in same boat as me. and i new it would be after the ps4 launch, but now my issue is i can clearly see with everything i have brought minus the two consoles of course i have been credited points back based on a bronze account when i am gold.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats a strange one, if they still have not responded they are apparently quite good at getting back to you through twitter, I have never used it so not too sure though but its worth a try.
DARKST4R's avatar
DARKST4R 3 years ago
@Zombie il hold out and wait a while, i will give them time. at work at the mo anyway but yeah hopefully that gets fixed as its a lot of points back i will be losing i spent so much on this site it would be nice to be redeemed back correctly from both ps4 and xbox one stuff
juschris07's avatar
juschris07 3 years ago
It's good to hear that they are putting in some effort to change the party chat system. At times they don't even let you join the party and then you have to swap to party chat which hardly ever works.
berian's avatar
berian 3 years ago
Aww, kind of expected Anthony/David to have commented in here saying that Party Chat on the Xbox One works flawlessly. Haha! The matchmaking element is a great idea, but not when you are in a party with people playing different games. The one thing that I don't get is why you have to turn party chat on in the first place, surely the option should be to switch the party chat off, like the 360's option of party chat/game chat. Glad to see that they are working on this, as well as implementing a notification for the controller's low battery. So frustrating playing an online game and your controller just completely dying without any warning.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
A battery indicator would be great similar to how the PS3/4 does it and come up and tell you when the battery is low ( on a separate note the dual shock 4 battery is terrible). It is strange having to turn it on to party chat when you have already accepted to join the party.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
FWIW, I've never used party chat on PS4 yet. Mainly as only 3 of my mates actually have one but yeah, not found a use for it yet.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Good the party chat is god awful, I would also like some kind of prompt when friends come online, some form of battery indicator is also a must imo, a lot of the Xbone features feel very beta to me, but at least the games are solid, which is the main thing.