Friday Chat, December 6

It's Friday. So what are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting, what games do you have on your list to play or are you being dragged away Xmas Shopping?

Xmas is always a fun time of year, but shopping from presents probably not so much, unless of course you use the internet to shop, in which case you can just sit back and game.

Happy Days.

On a more serious note, I'm noticing an increasing amount of abusive language and immature behaviour in the comments section of some stories. We'll be looking to try and find a volunteer to help us moderate comments in the future, but for now a warning. From this moment forward, If I see anyone point abusive laungage at anyone else, or if I see a comment which I deem totally unacceptable I'll be asking for your account to be deleted with immediate effect.

Swearing, racial abuse, sexism or any other form of unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and I'd ask those participating in this sort of activity to stop it now, otherwise you will not be welcome on our website.

This is your final and only warning.

On a more positive note, I see that many are asking for improvements to the website, such as a reply button to comments, avatars and nicknames. I have placed this request with our team. I'll also create a post later today for any other changes you would like to see.

As you may be aware, this is a peak period so obviously the team are busy with your orders. But we are listening and will try our best to bring the improvements you'd like to see. Thanks for your support and understanding at this busy time of year.

Edited On 06 Dec, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Sad you have to say it Joe but it has become worse the last few weeks. On a games note wont be playing FIFA 14 as there seems to be a problem with my copy and keeps crashing seems to be a regular problem with FIFA 14 and Battlefield and looking on forums no one seems to have a solution. Both Sony and EA seem to be blaming each other.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'll hold my hand up Joe and say i'm apart of those involved and i'll openly apologize for the hand i've played in this. Sorry.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I'm off to Nantes to drink beer and watch Rugby this weekend. Games are taking a back seat, but I'll probably squeeze some more pirating on ACIV in and maybe a couple of matches of FIFA. Joe, I understand the stance you are taking, but you really need to publish guidelines for what would lead to a ban. Arbitrarily deciding something is totally unacceptable is a bit subjective. I like having heated discussions but these forums will be dull sanitised places if we are concerned about possibly upsetting you or another moderator and getting banned.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
going to play AC4 this weekend if i can get the effort together to take fifa out the disc tray. Infact anyone on PS4 fancy a game of fifa tonight? Bindiana?
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
If I can get on tonight, Joe. I'll probably be up for it
I vote for Kevin
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cant tonight Joe maybe over the weekend and if I can get it to work correctly online might be ok but cant play single player career at the moment crashes after every game
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Sad to hear but it's bound to happen as the site grows in popularity. A few moderators really would be a great help in reducing this. Perhaps creating a T&Cs that everyone has to read/agree to would be a great first step in helping reducing online attacks between members. Also, perhaps a way to not just report, but block members, so that someone can stop seeing comments by certain members and thus not engage in online attacks? On a lighter note, I'm disappointed in myself for how little gaming I've got in since I got my PS4, and it looks to be another weekend where I won't get much gaming in either. I've not even played a single online game of anything, yet!
csrogue's avatar
csrogue 3 years ago
Bought both consoles and too many games. So in the few moments when the kids are sleeping and I have some time I will try and get some shadowfall/ass creed iv time on the ps4 and maybe some fifa/ryse time on the x1. That's assuming I can stop playing Mario/zelda on the wii-u. I've noticed some of the conversations that might be deemed as inflammatory. Really rather than a instant ban threat some moderation is needed. Perhaps a private message to the offenders to watch their tone. Nothing wrong with a good argument as long as it doesn't escalate into abuse.
Nathan 3 years ago
Right: It has now been 7 days since I first contacted you about these issues and no response has been received. noone answering the phones its been an hour and half on hold atm! I have been told by you that I should have access to my other account now (aragog@hotmail.co.uk), but i still dont. aragog@hotmail.co.uk, had a pre order for a Playstation 4, which i took out on finance, i have already paid the deposit and set up the direct debit payments for it. After you closed aragog@hotmail.co.uk account, what happened to that order? Is it still on your system, because if it isnt, you have taken my deposit and the direct debit is still active. I know aragog@hotmail.co.uk is still registered on your system i just cant get onto it. Please can we try and get this sorted as soon as possible. i dont want to be worrying about this all Christmas and im sure you don't want me messaging you all over Christmas. If i don't get a reply within the next day via email or via the Ticket system. i will however been contacting watchdog, financial ombudsmen and trading standards, which have all expressed concern to me about what is going on here. Lastly i have received confirmation that the order that you sent me has been delivered to you (2 days ago) from the courier. How long will it take to process a refund? Thank you
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I only noticed this yesterday, but my PS4 was scratched up heavily on the glossy part right out of the box when I looked at it near light. The controller was also scratched up aswell. Would ShopTo even do anything about this because I opened a ticket and never got a reply. Also I saw those insulting comments, I never said anything or got involved though, I had a feeling warnings would come up sooner or later. I might go shopping or the cinema with a friend over the weekend, and play more on my Vita.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nathan you're contacting the wrong department, your best bet is to give them a bell on the old blower.
csrogue's avatar
csrogue 3 years ago
Yeah, I had a few issues with tickets and getting my faulty bone picked up and replaced. Best bet is to just call them. Found them to be helpful when I called. Did tale a few mess ups to get sorted. All sorted in the end though and they were always helpfull Always better over the phone than by tickets if you have a problem. Especially when they are busy with the recent console launches and Christmas approach. :)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Bear in mind how busy they are and cut a little slack. Also, always helps to appreciate that the person on the phone/answering tickets isn't the one who has caused you to have any problems, and courteous respectful requests are more likely to be responded to positively. Otherwise, good luck with any and all complaints people may have, and hope ShopTo are able to respond and fix any issues as soon as is feasibly possible.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I agree with Kaysar a little niceness goes a long way.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 3 years ago
Who watches the Watchmen?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Gran Turismo 6 if it turns up. Also Wind Waker which should have arrived too which I bought from here for £34.86 yesterday, now today it is £29.86. If I waited a day could have saved £5. The more annoying thing is that it still not arrived. Along with 2 other items. Was expecting 4 things in post today and nothing turned up - Royal Mail on strike or just busy with Christmas rush?
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 3 years ago
I think a lot of the problems stem from the fact that a lot of people (me included) are getting very frustrated with ShopTo and the way things have gone with them in the recent year, I will say no more than that on that issue as this is not the place, I also think the problems with the forums is it tends to revolve around the same few people saying the same few things over and over and over again and a few of them got a bit cocky and thought they owned the place. For one of those people to call someone a C-word shows just how arrogant they got. Also the constant back and forth with Anthony is beyond boring. Let him say what he wants. Anyway from me I apologise to most of you for my sometimes drunken postings where I was a bit of a moron. I don't apologise to all of you because some of you pretty much deserve everything you get. As for ShopTo I hope it gets its act together and becomes the great place it once was. It used to be amazing now its one of the worst shops on the internet for customer service. As for having a go at the people that post here, you may have a valid point but it is a culture you created and you must take a little of the responsibility. People behave in a certain way for a reason. Perhaps you need to think about that. Anyhow. Thats just my opinion. Good luck with it all. Thanks for the memories and keep on keeping on. A house is only as good as the bricks it's built on. Soon…….
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Is Watchmen a show or do you mean the movie? If you mean the movie, I liked it. It certainly kept me entertained.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've seen the watchmen film was pretty good.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I think Datastatic means who would moderate the moderators though I could be wrong and just may really like watchmen. I do agree with you there is nothing wrong with a bit of backwards and forwards with people but there is no need for offensive language. Also I just ignore Anthony when he starts his rambling and so one its for the best though it would be nice if there was a way you could block people so you did not have to see it. Also Ben have you commented on every topic with that? I did reply in another one but best bet with the controller would be to contact Microsoft or if it is just the casing then it may be easy to fix yourself maybe a screw just needs tightened or something.
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
Where are the screws? everything is hidden in the casing. Microsoft said the same but i would have to wait until late jan to receive my replacement console. That after waiting ages for my xbox one and paying over £500 inc games i just expected more. Any tips on how to find and tighten the screws?
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
Thanks Anthony, my new xbox one normal controller works great! I guess i'm just having alot of bad luck at mo.
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
Does anyone know what 'Order pending' means? my card was charged 11 hours ago for Halo 4 game of the year but stuck on that.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The person to be Anthony is one sad individual.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Wondering why i have a *_1* next to my nickname now, when i try to change it says my names already taken, but i had it as just ''Baiken'' before.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I see what you mean Ben it does not have screws I assumed it would be just like the 360, there must be someway to take it apart though. You tried just putting some pressure onto the loose bit to see if it pops into place.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Both Anthony accounts have been banned from posting.
Boness's avatar
Boness 3 years ago
Just seen in another section Gloria and Anthony had the same address.... Was something weird going on, was Anthony actually Gloria and some kind of weird Normal Bates psycho going on
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
Does anyone who's when the shopto contact team return from their hols?
Curtis 3 years ago
The App could do with an upgrade