Latest Charts, w/e Dec 8: GT6 sales disappoint

This week's latest charts are in, showing disappointment for Sony and Gran Turismo 6, which only managed to chart in eighth place, managing five times fewer sales at launch than the previous game in the series.

As for the number one game this week, it's Call of Duty: Ghosts, followed by FIFA 14 in second, Battlefield 4 in third and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag in fourth. Nothing really original about that list then.

Perhaps the most interesting sight to see is Super Mario 3D World still being outsold by Knack. It seems like there is just no love for the new title from the Italian plumber, either that or people are confusing it with Super Mario 3D Land and don't actually realise that it's a new game.

UKIE Games Charts courtesy of GfK Chart-Track

17 Football Manager 2014
18 Knack
19 The Legend Of Zelda: Link Betweeen Worlds
20 Super Mario 3D World

Edited On 09 Dec, 2013

Comments
Considering more people own a PS4 than Wii U in this country, it's not surprising more people are getting Knack. Only issue is Mario 3D World is one of the best platform games money can buy, where as Knack is supposed to be painfully average.
Turak64 9 months ago
Considering GT6 is only on PS3, I'm not surprised, most want or r waiting for a next gen version (myself included)
Wooder 9 months ago
Also notice the top 4 are available on next gen
Wooder 9 months ago
I don't get how people still buy the lacklustre COD Ghosts The Series needs a massive overhaul , I just don't get it
jaijai 9 months ago
its hard to be bad at cod, so kids love it.
Im Going Space 9 months ago
When you take in to account it is 2 days worth of sales from gt6 up against gt5 first week sales its not too bad. Always going to happen with the release date though. Knack keeps getting crap chucked at it by many non-players going off reviews, where as I had a good time with it on Hard mode.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
Mario and Wii U are struggling in my opinion because of a lack of support from high street retailers especially GAME. Mario and Wii U were No1 in the chart on shopto from Mario 3D World launch date until last weekend, it wasn't even an amazing price (although £39 was a good deal and I got my copy off this site) simply because it was available! I went in GAME on launch day and again a couple of days later and they didn't even have any! Claiming they 'sold out' of 'both' copies! Simply shocking.
Carl_1 9 months ago
I would love GT6, but they've mulched progression and money earning in order to sell you cars for real money. So I cancelled my preorder.
STEPHEN 9 months ago