Xbox One will improve over time, says Major Nelson

Xbox One will get demo's in the future, it's just that Microsoft hasn't quite got around to providing them yet.

Microsoft's Major Nelson revealed that improvements such as demos and an upgraded party system will come 'over time,' following complaints from fans over the current version of the dashboard.

"It is (and always has been) up to game developers to do demos for their own games. [There'll] be more demos for Xbox One as the platform goes forward."

What improvements would you like to see to Xbox One?

Edited On 10 Dec, 2013

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The Games and Apps section needs to be smarter, instead all scattered about in the one spot. It needs to give back storage management, so can see where the saves, DLC, installs are stored, and how much HDD space is available. It would be good if the HMDI passthrough would work if the Xbox ONE is in standby, and be a proper pass through as currently the xbox ONE processes the signal and diminishes the audio quality - I currently have detached the Sky box from the console and just using it as normal straight to the TV, because when watching TV for hours and hours without using the console is just a waste of power, but it is quite convenient if flitting from game/app to TV whilst waiting for game/app to progress, but is not that often. This can only be fixed if they can do it via software / firmware updates, but maybe not, but hopefully when they get the deal working with Sky the services will make it worth having Sky box connected. I would also like to see Steam like sales, have stuff on sale daily (or even 8 hours) for 50-90% off, but currently there is probably not enough stuff to do that.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah you will need to wait a while for sales it not even been a month yet. First priority is the party system to get fixed for me and the addition of a battery indicator. They should have it so that you can manually sort the games into folders so you could have ones for racing, FPS, RPG and so on.
davebailey34's avatar
davebailey34 3 years ago
Would be nice ti able to play xbox live with friends on 360 like xbox said we could.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
I'm really enjoying my xbox one, the only two things I would like changed have already been mentioned, the ability to manage your hard drive and whats on there. And the other thing would be a battery indicator on the controller. Other than that, I'm pleased
Curtis 3 years ago
Does that mean they'll give us back our privacy and stop the NSA and GCHQ from spying on us ?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I forgot about the battery indicator, but is not too much of a big deal, as rechargeable batteries did not give much of a warning after a while, and I have just gotten used to having recharged spare batteries ready when they run out. The other thing is that the data between Xbox 360 and Xbox ONE is not great - the website does not show Xbox ONE achievements and checking download history for Xbox ONE stuff it is marked as unknown and then errors.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
Well if your gonna start picking, is any of it a "big deal" .. it works, plays games, lets you use services. Like I said, I'm happy with it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
its not much of a big deal until your battery runs out mid game in call of duty or battlefield. Also Curtis are you going to stop using the internet in general if you are that fussed about that also while you are at it destroy your mobile phone and don't use a sat nag ever again. I am not saying its right to monitor it but you have to remember it was not just xbox live they were using to spy on people.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I'm not picking, this article is asking for improvements we would like to see, and I am just saying what I would like to see. I am happy with it, as I am sure MS will make the enhancements as they say, but if we go through the entire Xbox ONE lifetime without any of these things, then I will be unhappy, as the console will not be very easily useable after getting a certain number of games for it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It just seems strange though to take so many features that they had working fine on the 360 and completely get rid of them.
Andy 3 years ago
I have faith with Microsoft to make the Xbox one amazing just need to give them time.
Aubsd's avatar
Aubsd 3 years ago
It would b good if they introduced the 'chatpad'. Yes, I know u can use 'smartglass' app to quickly input Text via keyboard and voice via mic. But to have a keyboard on the controller just makes things that much quicker for responses! I also agree that the pass through for Sky is well below what it needs to be, there's a not just a lag on the audio but a marked picture lag too, especially on HD quality channels. I've bought a HDMI 1 x input to 2 x outputs, this goes in the back of Sky box so I can either watch Sky through either the XboxONE or Direct to tv. You can see a vast difference between the two! Unfortunately, the console loses hands-down. The fact that u can only install around 20 titles on the hdd, is disappointing, according to IGN's blog yesterday; that's with ALL CURRENTLY AVAILABLE apps installed too! This is a farce as I've pre-ordered 15 games for the current and upcoming year, that means I'll have no space for 2015!! Come on Microsoft, PULL YOUR FINGER OUT, help your customers out!!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Heres hoping they will update it soon to allow external HDD to be used, I still feel that both consoles were released earlier than planned and shouldn't have been out till about March sometime.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Only way Xbone could be improved is to make a new version of console and exchanging old Xbones for new 4 free. And where did Major Nelson going to take game "demos" from if there are practically no games in development? http://abload.de/img/kvx6jb42rae3.jpg
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Really practically no games in development? http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/List_of_Xbox_One_Games List of confirmed and unconfirmed games (ones so far that just say next gen) and the list of indies announced to be developing for it http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-microsoft-reveals-loads-of-indie-devs-signed-up-with-id-xbox. Yeah so far it looks like there will be plenty.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Yeah, great "TBA fest" list. They even pulled "Beyond Good and Evil 2" out of their asses. IGN sure trying hard for good Xbone appearance, since BGaE2 didn't make it to that list: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Games All multiplatform games probably will be better on PS4 plus it's a safe bet that Sony will have more/better exclusive games. Xbox "game of the year" of VGX'13 is "Brothers" from a list of multiplats. Nuff said...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Your trying to start an argument where there is none all you said was there were no games in production so I gave you a list of some in production. The majority of PS4 ones on that list were TBA announced as well and at no point did I ever say that the multi platforms would be better on either of them but seeing as you sort of asked I agree and they will be probably better on the PS4. Also who knows who will have better exclusives in a year or three and it all comes down to what you prefer but just now I personally feel that the xbox one has the stronger exclusives released. As for the VGX awards who voted for these are there are some terrible nominations in there and I don't understand how Bioshock was voted in the xbox category but was replaced in the PS3 one with Rayman legends it just does not make sense.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
The main thing that is bugging me about the Xbox one is that they've scrapped the arcade games, and as a result bumped up the prices and got rid of them having a trial. The party/invite system is pretty awful to but I tend to stick to SP so it doesn't effect me that much.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It sort of makes sense that they don't term them as arcade games anymore as some people will think of them as less than retail games with that title. I do agree on the prices though it was starting to go that way with the 360 and PSN as well with the digital games getting more expensive, some of them worth it some of them not so. Remember when they used to be 400 points.
David 3 years ago
I just think it's a rushed job.. Unlike the 360 it's simple to operate micro soft should of done there home work and listen to the gamers as apose to keeping it a secret for to long..I also have the ps4 and I think it's dream to get around no probs at all loving it.. As in terms of practicality the ps4 wins hands down and am a xbox fan