Xbox One further delayed in eight European countries?

It's being reported that countries such as Russia, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark may not see an Xbox One release until Q3 2014.

Game Reactor, the same site that broke news of the original delay in these countries, cites a "trusted source" who says that the console has been further delayed and will therefore not arrive until around the latter half of the year.

The site also suggests that a July or August launch is unlikely as this is not generally regarded as a peak season for gaming, and therefore may mean the console won't release until September, ten months after the console debuted in the U.K. and the United States.

PlayStation 4 is already released in all of these countries, so this could mean a huge lead for Sony, although generally it is pretty dominant in these parts of the world anyway.

Edited On 11 Dec, 2013

Comments
It does seem that Microsoft were no where near ready to launch now. Is the PS4 out in the countries if so 9 months is a big head start on Microsoft.
Bindiana 9 months ago
The more I see articles like this, the more it seems to me that Sony really took MS by surprise with their February announcement. Apparently PS is already released and more popular in those countries
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 9 months ago
Microsoft did get the most games out though for the Xbox ONE. PS4 is extremely lacking, the PS4 is like buying a Ferrari and having little to no fuel for it, so just sits there looking pretty. Xbox ONE is like a SUV with luxury features (like a sound system or air conditioning) missing, but has plenty of fuel
superniceguy 9 months ago
To use another analogy, the launch is just the concert, it's the after party that I am more interested in. That's were we will see the real differences between 2 fantastic machines
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 9 months ago
Yes two fantastic machines apart from the PS4 lives up to the hype where as the XB One hasn't so far. I also think that anybody in Europe wishing to hook up a Freeview/SkyHD box or whatever else to watch TV and finding that its pretty much pointless due to there being an almost constant stutter on screen with any fast moving scenes such as sport is a disgrace. If Microsoft were a pupil at school at the end of the year their report would say "Could do better".
rustyV8 9 months ago
It has been common knowledge that a lot of features would not be available at launch with the Xbox ONE, especially in Europe, so it has not failed at all. Plus they even gave out FIFA / FORZA for free. PS4 has not lived up to the hype with Watch Dogs (having exclusive PS4 content) and Drive Club both being delayed, plus numerous faulty consoles, more so due to disgruntled employees deliberately sabotaging them. Plus there have been numerous PSN outages, whereas there has not been with xbox LIVE. Sony could do better too in getting more games out, games that make the most out of the PS4 - They may have a tonne of games in development for it but does not make the PS4 attractive if they are also available on PC / Steam or are indie / "arcade" type games that even mobile devices can run them.
superniceguy 9 months ago
If you're going to include Watch Dogs then you're going to have to include Assassin's Creed as we got exclusive content with that. And PS4 is fine for games, I've got 10 myself so no idea what you're going on about considering it is less than 2 weeks after launch. People buy consoles because they don't want to play on PC/Steam, so them being available on them too doesn't matter to them. And indie/arcade are a big market now, just ask Minecraft.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
The thing that made Watch Dogs delay worse for PS4 was that Sony did not get a deal going with ubisoft to get an Assassins Creed 4 PS4 bundle http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/watch_dogs_ps4_bundle_large.jpg
superniceguy 9 months ago
I did not say the PS4 had no games, I said it does not have games that make the most of the PS4 super powerful hardware. Indie/arcade games are a big market but not worth getting a PS4 for, when you can still play them on PS3 / Xbox 360. The main draw to get a PS4 is games like Killzone or Knack, and the indie/arcade games are icing on the cake, but there is not many of those big hitters on PS4
superniceguy 9 months ago
No console has the games that make use of the super powerful hardware right out of the block. Hence why The Last of Us looks 20x better than Uncharted did. Because there was a bundle then there wasn't means it costs PS4 big? No, not really. It may have made you pull out, but people don't buy consoles for just one game. This is a fact. The main draw for a PS4 is the fact you know Sony has the developers to get you the games you'd want. You then have the most powerful hardware out there at the moment barring PC, but at an affordable price compared to PC. Killzone, Knack and the rest are reasons to jump tot eh next generation right now.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
Wii U does, looks and plays better than anything on PS4 or Xbone.
Gloria 9 months ago
Xbox ONE has Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, Fighter Within as the heavy hitters, and Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, Lococycle as the arcade games, that is 9 games all UNIQUE to Xbox ONE, how many UNIQUE games does PS4 have? I count 3 - Killzone, Knack and Resogun. The PS4 may be worth it in the end, but is not right now.
superniceguy 9 months ago
Bit Fangirl-ish Gloria. Will people stop saying that PC Gaming isn't affordable. You can build a PC for a bit over what you would pay for the New Console and be able to play new games for years to come
Loli-Nox-Tan 9 months ago
Not really fangirlish at all Nox,hardware specs ain't as different as they'd like you to believe and the quality of games is far better on a Nintendo platform ;)
Gloria 9 months ago
Fighter Within? The game that scored 1/10 on quite a few refutable sites. If we're going to count absolute tosh like Lococycle, Crimson Dragon and Fighter Within as our core groups, then go on then, but you ain't convicing anybody.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
Quality of games is a matter of opinion, as I rather get Crimson Dragon and Lococycle over Killzone / Knack / Resogun. Fighter Within is a £50 title by Ubisoft, and selling for £25 now on Zavvi and won't be long until it is under a tenner, where it may be worth grabbing then. You can say what you want too, but the PS4 has ZERO interest for me, at the moment, and the only person I am not convincing is YOU
superniceguy 9 months ago
You don't talk about how you have no interest, you just go on fanboy rants about how PS4 has nothing and X1 has everything. And it says it all when you think Lococycle is above Resogun, Killzone or Knack.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
You are the one going on fanboy rants, with saying that I am not convincing ANYBODY, and just making things up. If that is the case then EVERYONE would buy a PS4, and NO ONE would buy a Xbox ONE, and the 2 million sold is a figment of shoptos mind! Fact is Xbox ONE has 9 UNIQUE titles and PS4 has 3. I never said PS4 has nothing for everyone (I started off here saying it was lacking titles), but it has nothing for me. Xbox ONE has more UNIQUE choice. I would not choose Lococycle as game to get Xbox ONE over, but as I have the Xbox ONE, for DR3, Forza 5, Ryse, etc plus future titles that are coming to Xbox ONE, then I would rather get Lococycle than pay £350 + Resogun / Killzone / Knack. I prefer racing games to side scrollers, not even Radiant Silvergun rocks by boat.
superniceguy 9 months ago
Im done here. No point in continuing if nothing gets through. Just continue on your anti-ps4 ways.
DynamiteWhyte 9 months ago
It is depressing reading the same stuff over and over again Dynamite I have given up as well I still dont understand why he thinks his opinion is fact.
Bindiana 9 months ago
Tony is short for Anthony, just saying.
Gloria 9 months ago
I am not called Anthony, I was christened Tony, and I hate being called Anthony. Do'nt YOU, Gloria, start on me too, at least I like the WIi U and have one. Wii U > PS4, 3d Mario World + anything on Wii U > Killzone / Knack / Resogun. If I was associated with the other Anthony I would be banned too. It is fact that Xbox ONE has more UNIQUE titles, but it is only my opinion that I would rather get Lococycle over anything on PS4. I am not anti-PS4, it just has NOTHING that I want on it RIGHT NOW. WHY CAN YOU NOT GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS?
superniceguy 9 months ago
PC master race.
JoeToots 9 months ago
Don't you start Joe
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 9 months ago
I don't even own a PC haha.
JoeToots 9 months ago
OK Anthony calm down we get it xbone is da best!
Bindiana 9 months ago
PC master race
JoeToots 9 months ago
i miss anthony.
JoeToots 9 months ago
Nah, PC is just an expensive door-stop or mini coffee table
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 9 months ago
You use your local police constable as a coffee table!!
Bindiana 9 months ago
oh dear...
RTLF 9 months ago
PS4 is the most epic epicness
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 9 months ago
What I worked a whole 2 seconds on that joke haha.
Bindiana 9 months ago
Genial... give up the day job ;)
RTLF 9 months ago
Genius!
JoeToots 9 months ago
Well seems my joke was that bad that nobody wants to post here today.
Bindiana 9 months ago
Anthony is a bit touchy lately ;)
Gloria 9 months ago