Thursday Chat: January 2, 2014

It's a new year and since we have been off for almost two weeks we want to know what you have been up too? What games did you get for Xmas? What games have you been playing and what was the first game you played in 2014? Mine was Euro Truck Simulator.

Also, since it's a new year what games are you looking forward too in 2014? DriveClub, InFamous, Thief, Titanfall, Destiny?

It's nice to be back at work, so Let's Chat, oh and Happy New Year.

Edited On 03 Jan, 2014

Comments
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
Happy New Year ShopTo! I hope that this year will be even more successful for you guys :) The last month I have been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist a lot. It is awesome. Still haven't played a game in 2014. Most probably the first one will be Blacklist (mastering play styles on Perfectionist difficulty) as soon as I am back home from work. This year I am looking forward to Dark Souls 2 and Lords of Shadow 2 :)
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Happy new year to everyone at shopto! Myself i was busy we loads of xmas stuff but that's over now & ive been mostly spending my time on the wonderful hyperdimension: neptunia nearly done my 1st play trough really good fun & funny too. I hope this year is an even better one than the last 3 years for you guys & girls at shopto keep up the excellent work.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Happy New year everyone. Managed to get Knack and Skylanders Swap Force completed over christmas. Havent played a game in 2014 yet. Most looking forward to is Infamous and South Park.
Happy New Year everyone. Not done any gaming over Christmas despite picking up a couple of bargains in the sales, and not played any games in 2014 yet either. First game I'm looking forward to in 2014 is Donkey Kong, but I've got plenty to keep me occupied till that arrives.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
basically ju8st played battlefield over new years Happy new year you whoppers
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Happy New Year guys. I've mostly been playing NFS: Rivals and Killzone.
The first two games I played in 2014 were Orcs Must Die 2 and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Both great games
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i have put a total of 58 hours into battlefield MP so far i expect to hit atleast 500 by time the next one is released.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Need some PS4 games released soon as running out of things to play at the moment. FIFa was supposed to be the game that ticked me over to the big releases but had to sell it in the end as it just kept crashing after every game not to impressed with EA for not fixing it.
That is the price you pay for getting a new console on day 1
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Bindiana it has actually come out that the crashing after the games is a console issue and not an EA issue, i had the same problem when i first got my old 360 it also happened then it wasn't until i got the first battlefield bad company and swapped it 3 times with the game shop that i realised it was a console problem and changed my console it was fine. It is an issue across all EA games on this gen aswell with reports that people have sent there consoles back for a replacement and it has solved all issues.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cant see how it is a console issue when there are the same reports on Xbox one and PS4 EA would of said its a console issue to get out of any liability. It makes me less likely to buy EA games in the future.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm just talking from past experience i had this issue last gen and i have a mate who has had it this gen on the ps4. It is such an isolated issue that i'll stand by what i say about it being the console.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
It could be the console but doesnt seem likely to me as have played Skylanders, Knack, Killzone, Putty Squad, Pinball Arcade and LEGO Marvel all from discs and FIFa is the only game the error has come up on. If you google the error its mainly EA games that bring the error up there is the odd mention of Ghosts and Assassins Creed and NBA 2K14. But have done some reading and there are a couple of fixes that might work so might be worth a try.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i think i have had one crash all together whilst playing battlefield so far fingers crossed. that's a point if anyone wants to team up on battlefield add me psn Joetootell
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
First game of the year for me was starbound also had a little bit of AC4 with the DLC mission seems ok so far.
How is Starbound? Also, log onto Steam you Nerd
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Happy new year everyone, i only managed a little time to play games over the holidays but i played Sonic Adventure 2 (not as good as i'd heard, overrated i think) but still okay, Okami HD (one of my fave games), Persona 4 Arena, i booted up Ni No Kuni, got to the main menu and quit because i thought if i start this now i won't have time to play it as its a long game so i've heard so save it for later. Right now i'm installing Final Fantasy 14: ARR which i got from Shopto today! So hope for some good times (i know what to expect as i was in beta.)
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Some games i'm looking forward to this year: Castlevania: Lords of shadows 2 FFXIII: LR Drakengard 3 Blazblue Chronophantasma Tales of Symphonia HD Final Fantasy X HD There's more but that'll do for this list.
Sonic Adventure 2 is average itself but it has the Chao Garden
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Starbound is good, like terraria but bigger and better, certainly has a lot of potential.