Friday Chat: January 3, 2014

It's Friday, which was pretty quick considering we only started work again yesterday. So what are you up to this weekend?

Have you snapped anything to play up in the sales? Do you have a huge back catalogue of games to play or did you catch up over Xmas?

There's a lot to talk about, so...

Let's Chat!

Edited On 03 Jan, 2014

Comments
at the weekend i'll be spending time with my son, going to the man city blackburn game and also playing Battlefield :D
JoeToots 10 months ago
Hope to get a bit more Pinball Arcade in and actually complete all the wizard goals on some tables. Might play a bit more of LEGO Marvel but not sure how I feel about that game.
Bindiana 10 months ago
sales what sales? companys reduce there prices so much before christmas now'a'days to try and compete there isnt any sales.
JoeToots 10 months ago
Sales have been pretty poor this year no real bargins that as Joe said you couldnt get before christmas.
Bindiana 10 months ago
Hoping to the learn the basics of Dota 2 so I can go Online and start letting my team down
Loli-Nox-Tan 10 months ago
I should try and force myself to play Assassin's Creed again. I do like the game but a friend bought me Zelda on the 3DS for my birthday (New Year's day) and I've kinda fallen deeply in love with it. Otherwise, I'm in Chorley visiting my brother. Hey Joe, I was offered to go on that game but it would be on the Blackburn end, and I'm a City fan, so I declined. Hope it's a good 'un, regardless. Everyone else, hope you all had a good Christmas and New Years.
Kaysar 10 months ago
blackburn will beat city tomorrow.
JoeToots 10 months ago
Yeah, sales have been a little lacklustre after all the massive pre Christmas reductions, I picked up Sonic Racing Transformed and NBA 2K13 though, as I'm a little flush at the moment, and grabbed a half price DVD box set off of Zavvi, which amazingly turned up the next working day. I'll probably make a start on all 3 of them over the weekend, unless something else comes up.
Gloria 10 months ago
This is crazy money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luigis-Mansion-2-Diorama-Club-Nintendo-Sealed-Rare-/281238107823
Loli-Nox-Tan 10 months ago
I dont understand paying that price for something Nox though you do get some strange people especially seeing as it only started at 99p. Im impressed you got stuff quickly from zavvi Gloria as they usually take ages.
Zombieflamingo 10 months ago
Hmmm mine arrived yesterday its not that big really crazy price for it though
Bindiana 10 months ago
Think I got lucky with Zavvi, as it was a big box set it was sent by a courier and not UK Mail, which take forever and a day. Price on that Luigi Diorama is crazy, it's not even that good, much prefer my Mario characters statue.
Gloria 10 months ago
Since 2014 is still The Year of Luigi I'll be waiting to see if Nintendo do another Luigi thing, then I'll sell all 3 together. Why is it not a crazy price?
Loli-Nox-Tan 10 months ago
There is a £500 one up on the site if that is more your style
Loli-Nox-Tan 10 months ago
2014 is the year of Shantae!
Baiken_ 10 months ago
Depends on the teams fielded, Joe. City's defence is shoddy (in comparison to last year) but the attacking power, even for reserve, is kinda scary. If Blackburn manage to keep that maintained they'd have done something almost no other Premiership team has managed all season. Still, hopefully it will be a good game :)
Kaysar 10 months ago
I should finish Assassin's Creed IV over the weekend, which I've been playing over Christmas, I'm on the 12th sequence at the moment. Then I'll carry on with Trine 2: The Complete Story and fit in some more Hotline Miami on Vita.
Chazza 10 months ago
I'm always optimistic for cup games Kaysar we always have a good cup run. last year we knocked arsenal out at the emirates in the later stages.
JoeToots 10 months ago
The Steam sales were good again. All retailers should use the Steam sales method - sell at full price for a lot longer, and then for 8 -24 hours sell select games at crazy prices. The thing that puts me off buying disc based games at launch is that they will be up to 75% off after a month or two anyway. If I did not like a game I could resell it for a little less than what I bought it. I picked up Saints Row IV for £16 in the steam sale, and bought the Xbox 360 version for £40, and if I sell the Xbox 360 version now, I would get less than £24, as it is for sale here for £17, so that is more than £16 loss on the game. Saints Row 4 on Steam now costs £40, which is the price the console versions should still be too. If this was the case then I would buy games for £40 or even £60 at release, because I would be able resell it more easily closer to £40, than I can do now. I think this will be my new years resolution - not buy games on release day
superniceguy 9 months ago
During the Steam sales I realised that GFWL looks to be closing soon, although nothing official. Up until then I thought the games would still be playable. Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City have both moved to Steam, and lost the GFWL achievements, so now I have an unfinished game on my Gamerscore I will never be able to complete, so my focus for now, is completing the rest of the GFWL titles before they all go poof too. Some may end up like the Batman games and move to Steam, while others may end up not being playable at all.
superniceguy 9 months ago
Most of the GFWL games will move to Steamworks while the rest will just be patched to run normally
Loli-Nox-Tan 9 months ago
The only games I can think of that will suffer are cross platform games like Shadowrun and Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Loli-Nox-Tan 9 months ago
January only have AC Liberation HD, while Febuary have like 5 titles and March has like 8 or 9 titles I wanna play.
Artemisthemp 9 months ago