Skyrim coming to PS4 and Xbox One? No *update*

Update: Bethedsa has said that Skyrim being listed for Xbox One and PS4 was a website error.

"We have been working on the CMS that runs our sites. A bug caused platforms that don't exist to show up for some games. Sorry for confusion," said Bethesda chief spokesperson Pete Hines on Twitter.

Hines also said that the picture shown below, which seems to be teasing an upcoming announcement, is a "hoax".

"Better question is: why do fans feel need to pull these hoaxes on other fans?" Hines added.

Original: It could be that Square Enix has started a trend with Tomb Raider coming to the PS4 and Xbox One, as today it's been discovered that Skyrim could be joining it.

The Bethesda website shows Skyrim listed for PS4 and Xbox One, while Bethesda has allegedly sent out emails teasing something exciting to be announced on January 12.

Skyrim would no doubt come with all previously released DLC if it were to be released on next generation consoles, it'll also look a lot prettier too.

Maybe we'll find out for sure on January 12.

Edited On 09 Jan, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I didn't really give skyrim a chance when it came to xbox 360 but if it does release i'll no doubt be picking it up.
I'd be gutted, just bought the Legendary Edition for the PS3
Great, another game I've already played to death, I'm sure this won't be the last either, no backwards compatibility is all the excuse they need to port any half decent game from the last couple of years.
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
joe , if u get into it u can waste away a good few months easy, but same here i bought the legendary edition, ill probably just swap ps3 for ps4 version , thats if its not full blown price like tomb raider has been priced which it probably will
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
I agree with Gloria. I do not own next-gen console yet. Next-gen console => new games. We don't need old games with a facelift. I understand that developers have spent time to add those new shiny visuals (I have read the preview for Tomb Raider), but the asking price is too steep. It is still an old game, the story is the same, the multiplayer is the same. You just get better visuals. That is all. And the game is not that old. And doesn't look bad to start with (I am looking at you, HD remakes). Anyway, Ubisoft needs to announce Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations and III for next-gen consoles (that was sarcasm)
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
yeah but you know it will happen , the collection will be announced probably, the heritage collection 1.5 remix lol
Wouldn't put it past Ubisoft tbh.
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
im thinking their all gonna jump on the bandwagon.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I'm with Jay, would swap PS3 -> PS4 version, if the price was reasonable. Can't see it though. It would also have a lot more appeal than Tomb Raider. For me though it would depend on which game was thrown on the band-wagon and have I run out of new games to play (not likely)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I can see why companies are doing it as there isnt many games out at the moment might get Tomb Raider if the price drops a bit. But I think a lot of the games are good if you havent played them already. I am looking forward to playing Diablo 3 on PS4 as I havent played it on any system yet.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've got the digi pack version of tomb raider pre ordered and tbh i can't wait!
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
can imagine the remakes to drop in price pretty quickly, i wont be picking up tomb raider as the campaign just felt very short and im not really a multiplayer guy on these type of games so has no appeal to me , torn about skyrim tho coz i can just play and play, but getting elder scrolls online too as can play solo, so yeah pretty torn on ps4 skyrim
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Isn't elder scrolls online not meant to be yet another rip off of world of warcraft?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I thought about ES online but I refuse to buy the game and then subscribe @ £8 per month
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
no its got a proper campaign like skyrim etc, its basically elder scrolls 6 with massive multiplayer elements, they have promised extra content every 6 weeks , so i just see the subscription as im purchasing dlc
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I wouldn't mind so much if the game was free to download (not f2p) with the sub element as part of it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah or the game was something like £20 to begin with a weeks free subscription seems crazy paying £50 for a game that has to have a subscription. I have heard reports on other sites saying they werent to impressed with what they had saw so far but that was a while ago so things may of changed.
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
if it was f2p they would not be able to add decent extra content, they have stated that they want the extra content to bee full add ons like dawnguard and dragonborn etc, so its just not possible without a subscription , i know the game comes with a free 30 day pass and every elder scrolls game has always been amazing so i have faith so im gonna give it a try if i dont like after a few months ill just cancel and sell game on
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I wouldn't want it f2p, just download with sub as pre-requisite to play. I thought they were giving 2 weeks free. I love ES games, other than Skyrim, my favourite being Oblivion
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
I loved them all from morrowind on xbox, was hooked ever since, yeah I do agree that purchasing the disk is a bit overpriced, im sort of praying to god that this announcement shows its free to download then pay the subscription when start playing, I can dream
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
now if the ps4 version of skyrim was the elder scrolls anthology, that would be very nice and they would have my money on day 1
Agree with you on that one Jay. ES everything, everywhere - Definately
NICOLA 3 years ago
The font used in that picture reminds me more of Fallout to be honest. Please be a Fallout 4 announcement!!
Oh God, I hope not
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
now u mention it , it does look like fallout
Even the tone of the wording ... It is Fallout ... :-(
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
According to my Official Playstation Magazine newsfeed, Skyrim is listed for PS4 on Bethesda own website, (albeit greyed out)
NICOLA 3 years ago
Yeah but that wouldn't require a big announcement... Come on Fallout 4!! :-)
I still wouldnt complain about fallout 4 though , I liked fallout,
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Tried playing Fallout straight after completing Oblivion, I just could not get into it. Even tried the full New Vegas, still nothing
NICOLA 3 years ago
Ah see i couldn't get into Oblivion and preferred Fallout. I have just spent 200 hours on Skyrim and really enjoyed it, but still think i prefer Fallout :-)
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
ah see i got into both , they are both different beasts
If I had played Fallout first, maybe I'd have enjoyed it more
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
i did struggle with fallout at first coz i played like oblivion , i wandered off thinking i could tackle side missions but in fallout u are way underprepared at that point and get slaughtered
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Tbh, Fallout is to big a franchise to not have a game announced asap, my prediction is - Fallout 4 (Q1 2015 at the earliest)
NICOLA 3 years ago
Let's hope its not fallout online, i'm not paying two lots of monthly subs ;-) I prefer the way you level up in Fallout and like the combat better with VATS rather than just hacking and slashing in skyrim.. That's funny, in Oblivion after i left the first dungeon out into the world i wandered off over a hill and got killed. So tried going into a town picked up a book stole it by accident and got chased down. Decided it wasn't clear what i was supposed to be doing and lost interest. Fallout and Skyrim seemed to have more direction.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
lol. I'm the opposite, I like the hack n slash as opposed to the percentage hit rate in VATS. 2 subs would be a killer for a lot of people and would divide their audience to one game only
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
ive done a few hack and slash plays on skyrim , im currently doing a stealth archer playthrough
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Can't exactly stealth as a Orc, as I have only just started again, abusing the single/double handed exploit - not cheating!
NICOLA 3 years ago
My aim is terrible so stayed away from the arrows and magic. It involves me yelling at the screen 'stop running around and let me shoot you!' VATS makes my life so much easier and allows me to enjoy the game ;-)
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
im a redguard now, once the archer percs have started you can add the zoom perc and it slows down time to allow you to hit targets, and then slow down time even further with more percs, and the small cutscenes off perfect shots are awesome