Tuesday Chat: January 14, 2014

It's a little quiet at the moment in terms of gaming news and big announcements, so it's a little difficult to discuss the week's happening so far, however we can talk about games which we are looking forward to this year, so let's do that.

Whether you are a fan of shooter, RPG's or Nintendo, it looks like there is plenty to keep you occupied this year.

Tomb Raider is the first title to arrive on next gen consoles, but is swiftly followed by Thief, Garden Warfare, DriveClub (we think) and inFamous: Second Son. Nintendo fans have games to look forward to as well, such as Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

The RPG fan will be catered for thanks to the excellent looking the Witcher 3, while X-Wing fans like me can look forward to Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous in the later part of the year (in beta form at least).

So there we go, what games are you looking forward to?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 Jan, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I'll kick off with my top 3 most anticipated games - 1. Tom Clancy The Division (looking forward to just closing that car door, neat touch ... lol). 2. Destiny, 3 planets mentioned so far hopefully hear more soon and (Joint) 3. The Evil Within / The Order 1886
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I looking forward to 1. Infamous Second Son 2. Dying Light 3. Final Fantasy XV. It's a good thing Outlast is coming to PS4 in February, so I have something to play on it (other than AC4)
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I really like the look of Outlast, and it's free (my favourite price), I also have Thief and hopefully Drive Club. So I'm all set for February
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
At the moment my main games I am looking forward to is Infamous Second Son, South Park and Final Fantasy X HD might mean i actually give X-2 a good go as well.
Mario Kart and Smash Bros are obviously top of my list, then there's Bayonetta 2, DK, Yoshi and Kirby, outside of Nintendo can't see much that interests me really. Destiny looks like it may be interesting if there's more to it than just shooting, but it's another one of these online only games, and I'm just not willing to pay for an online service just for one game.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
In fairness to Destiny Gloria, I did read that the game was going to be developed/expanded over the next 10 years. As far as I know they have only announced 3 planets (inc Earth), at least another 5+ yet hopefully
I know, it's going to be massive, but that's not the issue, it could have a million planets, but if they are all filled with the same kind of shooting and nothing else I'm not really interested.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
The division Star wars battlefront and the inevitable release of the next battlefield but i'm more looking forward to my trip to the etihad tomorrow :D
Division and Battlefront are 2015 Tootell, next Battlefield too probably.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Looks like i won't be buying any games this year then bar FIFA.
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 3 years ago
Second son, then Watch dogs. Im also gonna give a shout out to the semi-announced world cup game. Hopefully Driveclub sooner rather than later for some arcade no nonsense racing. Witcher 3 looks pure quality, and destiny too. I'm surprised Titanfall hasn't been mentioned, most pre ordered X1 game.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Tbh I don't mind that much because I plan on being more picky when it comes to my games anyway and (hopefully) Destiny will be out as planned. I don't think that Titanfall is going to be as big a hit as people are expecting
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I'm only waiting for Second Son, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Naughty Dog's next game.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Looking forward to what ND are up to. This will definitely be an interesting E3 this year. I imagine some big announcements games-wise
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Watch Dogs seems an interesting one since it has been delayed feel a lot of excitement for the game has disappeared. Ubisofts decision to delay could seriously backfire on them.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I know what you mean Bindiana, I was looking forward to W_D, now I have lost some interest too so that I cancelled my order. Have high hopes for The Crew too. hope I am not disappointed.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I dont think it has been given a release date yet either presume we wont see it March time or else its going up against Infamous, TitanFall, Dark Souls 2 and South Park.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
It was dated end of March, now release says Q2/3
AVATARS WORK NOW!
My top 3 games I'm looking forward to are Freedom Planet, Dark Souls 2 & Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
My top 3 are: Dark Souls II, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I am also looking forward to see more details about Dragon Age III.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Its hard to say for a top 3 as it changes every so often but for now I would have to say it would be Dragon Age 3, Destiny and Alien isolation.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Bayonetta, Smash, FExSMT, Mario Kart off the top of my head. Oh and X & Kingdom Hearts but not expecting them till nexzt year at earliest. I think the only other PS4 title I have on pre-order is Lego Movie XD
Alien Isolation ZF? Up there on the top pre-orders too, how quickly people forget.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It is made by different people though Gloria, granted it is still published by Sega they are not making it. Don't think we can really judge until it is out and its a bit harsh to just condemn it just because Colonial Marines was guff. If we just gave up on a game just because previous ones made from the same franchise were no good then we wouldn't have the likes of the Batman Arkham games or a new Star wars Battlefront coming out.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Well I am looking forward to an awesome gaming year on my Xbox One this year and here are my multiplayer/co-op games, #1 Destiny, #2 Halo 5, #3 Titan Fall, #4 next Call Of Duty hopefully black ops 3 coz I really enjoy the zombies mode and my single player campaign games are #1 Thief, #2 Sniper Elite 3, #3 Dying Light, #4 Tomb Raider, #5 Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, all of which are all pre ordered with ShopTo as I find there prices to be more competitive then Game.
Yes, it'd being made by different people ZF, people with zero experience in the genre incidentally, and it sort of looks alright, too, and we should really cut them some slack as it might be alright, but pre-ordering or getting excited about it at this stage isn't really justified though. I'm a big Aliens fan but I'm not getting burnt again, I'll wait and see this time.
And it's Sega that concerns me most about this, they didn't develop this, or Colonial Marine, or AvP, but they did think they were good enough to publish, there's no quality control, they'll publish this whether it's good or not, and it'll sell bucketloads too probably, just like Colonial Marines,and nobody will have learnt anything, apart from Sega, that it doesn't matter how good a game is if you make it look good people will buy it, but they probably already know that.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Completely agree Gloria. Also a massive Aliens fan. Bought collectors edition of A:CM. I won't even entertain this game until I have seen the general opinion of users reviews as they are more genuine. Time will tell. Credit though, it does look good so far, but again, so did what we were shown with CM. Judgement suitably reserved this time
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I understand what you mean about preordering, it doesn't even have a release date yet. I haven't actually preordered it yet but I am still looking forward to finding more about it. Theres other games that I am looking forward to but I know I will get and probably like them as the majority are sequels with the likes of Smash Bros, Dark Souls 2 and so on.