Friday Chat: January 17, 2014

It's Friday, so what are you up to this weekend? What games are you planning to catch up on or are you doing something a little more exciting?

We'll be recording our podcast tomorrow for publishing later the same day, so make sure you tune in if you get an hour to spare.

Whatever your doing this weekend, Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Jan, 2014

Comments
Will be playing some Dr Luigi over the weekend, along with some Sonic Racing Transformed and Ducktales, maybe some NES Remix and Edge or Rush too. Will be spending more time watching DVDs though, working my way through the complete Farscape, Quantum Leap and Fringe box sets I picked up in the sales.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'll be playing battlefield
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I need to make up for my lack of gaming last week, so I'm going to get in as much as possible
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
Will be playing super mario 3D world, plus doing some grinding on rayman legends on the ps3 as got one more trophy needed to plat it. it is a massive grind though - need to play the daily/weekly challenges to get enough points to reach level 11 awesomeness.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I've been playing a lot of Killzone Shadow Fall lately, managed to get the platinum trophy for it last night. Going to play Knack over the weekend, I fancy a change from FPS.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
ill be playing a bit of ryse, dead rising 3 and need for speed rivals also maybe call of duty ghosts if i am in the mood but its gets boring after an hour.
I'll be playing a game, what game I don't know
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Well I completed Zelda last week so if Pheonix Wright arrives today I'll be giving that a whirl. Failing that, I'll pick up on my pirating adventures on AC. Otherwise, got family to visit on Saturday and mayhap friends on Sunday. May also sneak in another round of online gaming of CoD. It's not amazing, and I mostly swear at being shot from behind, but it wastes an hour or so.
I should really get back to Zelda and I got stuck in the ice dungeon and haven't been back to it since.
I should really buy LBW but I just don't feel like it right now
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I was putting off buying it but had it bought for me. Really glad as it's quite possibly the fastest I've completed a game since leaving school all those moons ago. Thoroughly enjoyable but I wish they had implemented a more robust replay system. I didn't collect all those tiny little clam things, and I have no real drive to play through the game again to find them all either.
Stop making me want it
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
And then there were the occasional references to other Zelda games which were really cool. And I liked how you have access to nearly all the weapons from the word go, but at cost. And the genius idea of being able to merge into walls is just magical.
I WILL END YOU!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Oh, the ending! Good shout! Classic Zelda ending that just makes you smile, all the way through the fight with Gannon and beyond.
Go take a run & jump Kayser. I'm going to order Time & Eternity instead, HA!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
:P
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
I have completed Prince of Persia and The Epilogue DLC. I am really disappointed that the game still doesn't have a sequel. Oh well... I will spend this weekend with my girlfriend and my family. It was really busy week at work, and I want to have some time to relax and rest (I don't want to sit in front of a screen the whole weekend)
Is the Epilogue woth it? Personally I'm waiting till it gets a discount before I start Prince of Persia
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
Well for me i will be playing Killzone: Shadow Fall MP, i wanted more trophies for that, it seems like a grind though. I will also be on my Vita finishing of Tearaway, and going to my friends birthday over the weekend.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I'm off to the rugger this weekend. Came across this article about the development of the Wii U and the concerns of 3rd party developers even before prototypes were available. Have a read if such things interest you: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
@Nox: Yes, it is OK. It adds approximately 3 hours of gameplay. It is actually a whole dungeon with a lot of platforming, puzzles and bosses (really simple ones). If you speed run it, you can finish it in under 2 hours (I finished it in less than 2 hours in my second playthrough). Nevertheless I enjoyed it a lot. It keeps the same quality as the main game. Some of the areas look even better. The whole atmosphere is a little bit darker. If you are not planning to play it immediately, you can wait for a sale (since Ubisoft almost every month put their content on sale). I was waiting to play this DLC ever since I first played the game on PC, and when I got the game as a present on the 360, I just couldn't resist :)
I have never seen it on sale yet but I'm in no hurry to play it
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
It was on sale 1-2 years ago (as far as I have seen searching google). Maybe they will put it on sale again.
Have had it sitting here since last year