Tuesday Chat: January 21

Gaming can be an expensive hobby, especially when there is so much choice out there in terms of titles released.

In this respect we'd like to know how many games you buy in a single year and how you buy your games, as new releases or once the price has been reduced? Also, do you buy your games via retail or digitally?

On a related note, what will be the next game you buy?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Jan, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
As gaming is my only vice (don't drink or smoke) I probably buy around 10-12 games per year, most of which I buy day 1. I do buy reduced, last one was Ni No Kuni as it was recommended by other Shopto'ers (cheers!). My next game is Outlast and to buy is Thief
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I do like a drink but still find a bit of cash for gaming, I get between 20 and 30 a year. I get a mixture of day 1 and reduced price games. My day one purchases are based on anticipation and I will buy from the retailer which has the edition I most want, although I do feel loyalty towards certain retailers if prices are broadly the same ( I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with "top shoe")
How many games I buy a year all depends on what's released, last year I bought around 25 I think, wasn't expensive though as most were paid for with Amazon vouchers, don't think I spent even £100 on games last year. This year is looking a bit leaner for games, the big expense will be a new console if I buy one, that's not looking very likely at the moment though.
That's not including digital though, I've been picking up a few digital games here and there when they've been on sale or id they take my fancy.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Probably by 30-40 games a year with a mixture of day one purchases and some on sale or on ebay at a later time. I was a sucker for collectors edition but trying to cut back on that and will start to get rid of my collection in February. On a side note managed to get FIFA working on my PS4 last night after 2 months. It was a strange fix no idea why it affects it but it fixed it. So if anyone else is having the problem where the game crashes after every game trying changing your arena player and keeper in settings. This fixed it for me.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I hope everything went well yesterday, Gloria. I must agree that as it stands it appears like it will be a lean year. Still Watch Dogs, Infamous 2nd Son and whatever bone Naughty Dog throw us will be on my shopping list. Glad I keep my last gen consoles to keep me going.
Hospital is today Steersy, going in a couple of hours.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Good luck Gloria. Well I feel inadequate with the number of games I buy ... lol. I have a healthy games to buy list for this year 9+, so it may not be lean for me
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Sorry Gloria, I'm shit with dates. Good luck for later, health is one of the most important gifts we have!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Last year i bought 18 games off shopto and shopto made up about 75% of my games purchased last year, My next buy is tomb raider which i'm looking forward to i've booked a day off work to play it.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Thought the only game you bought was BF4 Joe ... lol
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Hope all goes well today Gloria.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
BF4 is the only game i play but i just buy games for the sake of it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
But with the current rubber banding on 3 maps of F i need to find something else to keep me busy.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I doesn't have a number, but I would guess 20-40 titles pr. year and prefer to buy them as Retail, but their is sadly digital only titles titles like Atelier Meruru Plus or titles, where the saving + pre order bonus is to good to buy retail.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Hope all goes well for your Gloria.
Thanks everyone, off in a bit so I'll say goodbye now. ;)
michael 3 years ago
Well me being married with 4 children who have consoles too me myself have spent over £2500 in the last year a lot and I thought s@it when I saw the amount and all from shopto so hope your company's doing well and do to worry have a lot on my list for my ps4 for this year lol :)
It all depends what is out in the year, might buy 10 or I might buy 30. My next games will be Tales of, Lightning Returns (maybe) & this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3waXAcZibpI&feature=youtu.be I'll be going for the retail version since I have every other retail version of it
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Usually i spend about £1000 a year on games, I almost always buy on release date and i used to always buy from game but as of late I've been finding my self pre ordering and pre paying for game via shopto but November was expensive for me as I bought (all from game coz I didn't trust shopto and or the delivery people with such a large/expensive order) the xbox one £430 with 2 years insurance £65, dead rising 3 £40, forza 5 £50. ryse £45, call of duty ghosts £40, battlefield 4 £40, need for speed rivals £55 and assassins creed black flag £55, plus 1 years gold £40 and then when I set my xbox one up I bought (via the xbox live marketplace) dead rising 3 season pass £24, battlefield 4 premium £40, ryse season pass £16 (I think), call of duty ghosts season pass £40, halo spartan assault £12 and max the curse of the brother hood £12 oh and I brought a turtle beach xp510 £170 (eBay) and I also got a xbox one modified headset adaptor for £30 (eBay) so I could use my new headset I just bought to talk to people on xbox one, I also pre ordere an paid for (with shopto) tomb raider, thief, titanfall and sniper elite v3, I haven't actually worked out how much I've spent on the whole xbox one thing yet (but I will once I've posted this) but It doesn't really bother me as I enjoy gaming otherwise I would put this amount of money towards it.