Thursday Chat: January 23, 2014

It's Thursday and time to ask what questions you have for our podcast. We'll be recording soon so would like to know what is on your mind.

Topics we'll probably talk about this week are Microsoft paying YouTubers to talk positive about their games; whether age ratings on games actually work and if certain games are far too hyped by the gaming media.

If you have any questions or any topics you'd like us to discuss then please let us know below.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 23 Jan, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
My question is totally irelievent to the topics you're discussing but what do you think defines a 'hardcore' gamer and a 'casual' gamer?
Age ratings on games will never work whilst there are still parents out there that don't care about them, they would never buy 'little Timmy' an 18 rated DVD full of sex and violence but would happily buy him GTA for his 12th birthday.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Agree with Gloria age rating dont work parents seem to buy there kids whatever game they want regardless of age certificate. I sold a game on ebay and the buyer messaged me to say that there copy Black ops wasnt working and there son had been crying because of it. I replied along the lines of Sorry that I made your 18 year old son cry. The Microsoft paying youtubers is an interesting story supposedly EA do it a lot as well does seem a little seedy to me but dont really watch youtubers gameplay videos to make a decision on buying a game.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
I agree with Gloria. The ratings exist and there is a good reason for them. Unfortunately, no one really cares, because there is no way to control whether some game (or DVD or TV content) that is rated M or R is consumed (played, watched) by some kid that is still a minor (less than 18 years old). Most of the parents (especially those that are from the current generation) don't really care. For all they care, the kids are busy doing something.
GTA & COD are cheap babysitters
I'll just leave this here http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Senran_Kagura_pre-order_bonus_revealed.html Frankly I'm quite disappointed & happy at the same time
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Not exactly subtle but its a reason I love video games when games like that can be released.
Me too
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Heres a question, why do game get all the exclusives? I went there today to pre order the titan fall xbox one controller and the titan fall xbox one headset only to be told that they've reached there required amount of pre orders and are no longer taking pre orders for both items and i responsed "you've gotta be shitting me and walked out" I would much rather have the option to buy theses items from shopto, which i have now pre ordered the titan fall xbox one headset with shopto as it turns out that anit exclusive to game but no luck with the controller, guess ill either go to game on release and see if they have any spares for sale or get a BNIB one of ebay.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
What about online for Game Danny? It's all down to money really.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
They've sold out of titan fall xbox one controllers according to thier website but its early days still so im hoping they'll get more allocated for pre orders.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah heres hoping they get more in then for you to be able to order one as it does look pretty cool.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Yea it does and thay why i want it coz i like the design of it n it should only cost me £19, as its RRP is £44.99 n ill trade my current xbox one controller (which im currently using to type this msg via my xbox one) in at cex for £26 cash, so that works out quite nice.
James 3 years ago
Speaking of Pre Order bonuses, please tell me ShopTo is getting this version of Ninja Gaiden Z! http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446486/yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z-delayed-special-edition-revealed/